Who's your rd 2 guy?

bear trap

1 hour ago, bear trap said:

I don' know if he'll fall, but I'd be willing to give a 4th or 5th to move up and get courtland sutton... come on pace, knock it out of the park!! I thought for sure he'd be gone before rd 2...

I like this.  Ridleys gone so would be nice. 

Although both Hernandez or Connor Williams (Texas) were ranked in the top 32.  Any of these would be good pickups.  

I have read much about liking Isaiah Oliver/CB from Col State a lot, that could be our move.

I want OL, but I think we have a better chance of getting a potential starter in the 4th with players like W. Teller/OG and Skylar Phillips/OG instead of a OLB.

I think we should prioritize pass rusher with Landry-Carter-Sweat-Key and grab a WR and OL later in the 4th.

There are many good players at positions of need.  Draft an OLB pass rusher (Landry, Sweat, Carter)  and our front 7 is in the top 5 in the NFL.  I really believe they'd be that tough to move the ball against.    FWIW I feel pretty good about RRH at DE. 

OTOH, given the Oline talent still on the board if we draft an OG I think the offense is poised to take off.   Given all the new pieces that might take us to top 15 and maybe better late in the season. 

Either way I"m happy but I love elite defensive play so my heart leans towards helping the pass rush at OLB.  

There are still a bunch of top Tier players left:

Edge Harold Landry  (1st round grade)
CB Josh Jackson  (1st round grade)
G Will Hernandez (1st round grade)
C James Daniels (1st round grade)
RB Derrius Guice
WR Courtland Sutton
T Connor Williams
CB Isaiah Oliver
DL Maurice Hurst

We pick 7th in the 2nd round, and I am sure there will be some trades ahead of us with teams wanting to go up and get their guy. Hopefully someone moves up to take another QB. If we stay where we are at, we are assured of one of these guys.

If we are looking to trade down, I wouldn't want to drop more than 7-8 slots (#46 - CIN range) which would net us an additional early 4th rounder. We could then flip our two lower 4th's to move back into the back end of the 3rd (#91). I am thinking NO's would probably want more draft capital after moving up yesterday.

So we get #46, and #91 for #39 and #115.

Just now, adam said:

There are still a bunch of top Tier players left:

Edge Harold Landry  (1st round grade)
CB Josh Jackson  (1st round grade)
G Will Hernandez (1st round grade)
C James Daniels (1st round grade)
RB Derrius Guice
WR Courtland Sutton
T Connor Williams
CB Isaiah Oliver
DL Maurice Hurst

We pick 7th in the 2nd round, and I am sure there will be some trades ahead of us with teams wanting to go up and get their guy. Hopefully someone moves up to take another QB. If we stay where we are at, we are assured of one of these guys.

If we are looking to trade down, I wouldn't want to drop more than 7-8 slots (#46 - CIN range) which would net us an additional early 4th rounder. We could then flip our two lower 4th's to move back into the back end of the 3rd (#91). I am thinking NO's would probably want more draft capital after moving up yesterday.

So we get #46, and #91 for #39 and #115.

So I have been hyping Landry, but there have been some reports that he's got some injury flags. He had an ankle injury in season but I guess some reports indicating concerns over his knee / back.  If there is any truth to that, we could see Landry have a pretty big slide.  I agree with you though, if we moved down, I wouldn't do it quite yet (would have to wait to see how the 2nd round is trending) and when I move back I wouldn't want to go too far (mainly because I see a big drop-off between the early 2nd round and later in the 2nd round (based upon how draft has been moving).  

6 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

So I have been hyping Landry, but there have been some reports that he's got some injury flags. He had an ankle injury in season but I guess some reports indicating concerns over his knee / back.  If there is any truth to that, we could see Landry have a pretty big slide.  I agree with you though, if we moved down, I wouldn't do it quite yet (would have to wait to see how the 2nd round is trending) and when I move back I wouldn't want to go too far (mainly because I see a big drop-off between the early 2nd round and later in the 2nd round (based upon how draft has been moving).  

Yeah, that has to be why he is dropping.

I agree, if we have 2-3 of these guys targeted and they one of them are still there, you pull the trigger, but if "our" guys are gone, you move down to still pick in this tier.

Interesting that Pace is just sticking to his player grades. Roquan was the obvious pick at #8 and when it came to #39, Daniels is right up there. 

So Whitehair moves back out to Guard. Daniels, Whitehair, Long is a pretty solid interior.