Roquan Smith Must Start

AZ54

6 hours ago, AZ54 said:

It was frustrating watching Kwiatkoski chasing helplessly after Packers' receivers play after play.  Seattle's Oline has issues and we should be able to get pressure early and often on Wilson which means he'll be scrambling.  Smith's speed is a must have. 

I didn't finish watching the game in replay as I know how it ended and couldn't bring myself to watch the team collapse in the second half.  Anyhow, I seem to recall Smith coming in towards the end of the 1st half in place of Trevathan and doing well.   Did Smith not stay out for the remainder of the second half?  What is the status of Trevathan?  His neck whip looked like it could have been a lot worse.

I did see some highlights of, I assume, the second half where Rogers was throwing those short to mid-range passes in the middle zone that was eating the Chicago D alive. And in those highlights I saw Kwit chasing the recievers across the field as you describe.  I assume that Trevathan returned and Smith only continued to see spot play after the start of the 2nd half? Agreed that Smith could probably (hopefully) be a lot better at covering those mid-range receivers; especially laterally. 

On 9/11/2018 at 8:30 AM, AZ54 said:

It was frustrating watching Kwiatkoski chasing helplessly after Packers' receivers play after play.  Seattle's Oline has issues and we should be able to get pressure early and often on Wilson which means he'll be scrambling.  Smith's speed is a must have. 

100%

The only way you get experience is on the field. I would rather see him out there, especially against an offense like Seattle's that allowed 6 sacks, 2 INTs and a bunch of pressures than watching from the sidelines. Smith is better than Kwiat without knowing the defense.