Moving forward: Seattle at Chicago Official Game Thread

Alaskan Grizzly

So here we go, game two of the early season and our team is 2-0 for prime time (not wins, just appearances).  The first game at home in front of a friendly crowd with all our new toys.  

Seattle is a mess in so many ways . It makes me personally happy to see Pete Carroll wince in agony when his team isn’t doing well.  I suspect (and hope) we’ll see a lot more of that next Monday.  

How will Trubisky do with a weeks worth of game time and more practice/preparation under his belt?  Will Nagy manage the game a little differently (smarter) than last week? Will Smith get more playing time this game (as he should)? Will Mack solidify his hold of 2018 Defensive Player  of the Year award while we prepare a bust of him next to the likes of Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher...or DENT?  

C’mon Monday night!  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this, and I think Mack belongs next to Richard Dent.

He can play any position, but I think he's more of a DE than a LB.

I know this is a stupid point, but I'm a stupid person, and this is what i think about LOL

42 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I've been thinking about this, and I think Mack belongs next to Richard Dent.

He can play any position, but I think he's more of a DE than a LB.

I know this is a stupid point, but I'm a stupid person, and this is what i think about LOL

Sounds good to me and not “stupid” at all!  🐻👇

I think Trubisky finds some open space to throw this week and it show on the final score.  However, Jordan Howard is the star of the game.  The D, featuring a young Roquan Smith chasing Russell Wilson all over the field makes up for last week's shortcomings and the Bears win   24-20.    

4 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

I think Trubisky finds some open space to throw this week and it show on the final score.  However, Jordan Howard is the star of the game.  The D, featuring a young Roquan Smith chasing Russell Wilson all over the field makes up for last week's shortcomings and the Bears win   24-20.    

It would be very smart to have Smith shadow Wilson all game. if there is anyone on the Bears defensive front 7 that can keep up with Wilson its Smith. 

I see the Bears starting fast again with a few scripted drives, and hope they can put the foot down on the throat this time and close out the game. Wilson has a little of that magic in him, but the Seahawks are a shell of their former selves. I see us winning handily 31-13.

The Seahawks are banged up, and just played on the road in Denver (which is always tasking on the body). Baldwin and Fluker are out on offense, Wagner and KJ Wright on defense. Outside of Thomas, there is not much left on their defense. The Bears should be able to dominate and create a ton of mismatches. If they can contain Wilson and prevent him from escaping from the pocket, I don't see Seattle scoring that much. Roquan spying Wilson would make a lot of sense. 

I still hold to my 31-13 Bears win.

The Bears have continually let me down over my lifetime, and it's usually worse in primetime. I hate to be like that, but it's just the truth.

Russell Wilson likely has a field day throwing to guys we don't even know. Our offense can't keep up.

28-20 Seahawks

37 minutes ago, jason said:

The Bears have continually let me down over my lifetime, and it's usually worse in primetime. I hate to be like that, but it's just the truth.

Russell Wilson likely has a field day throwing to guys we don't even know. Our offense can't keep up.

28-20 Seahawks

IF this time is different it has to show up in this game.  

28-20 Seahawks

Can I suggest taking an antidepressant drug. Wilson's Oline sucks, I suspect Fangio has Smith shadowing all day, so not much in the running game for him. The running game isnt very good for Seattle. The only way this game goes the wrong way is if we have several TO's. The only vet in the DBackfield for Seattle is Thomas. They will get touched today. Oh by the way, Wright and Wagner arent playing today. This will not go well for Seahawks.

4 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

28-20 Seahawks

Can I suggest taking an antidepressant drug. Wilson's Oline sucks, I suspect Fangio has Smith shadowing all day, so not much in the running game for him. The running game isnt very good for Seattle. The only way this game goes the wrong way is if we have several TO's. The only vet in the DBackfield for Seattle is Thomas. They will get touched today. Oh by the way, Wright and Wagner arent playing today. This will not go well for Seahawks.

Tomorrow!

5 hours ago, jason said:

28-20 Seahawks

Oh but we do.  Might I introduce to you Brandon Marshall; formerly of Denver, Miami, both NY teams and yes our very own Bears. Playing in the #1 position I believe while Seattle contends with injuries.  Fuller should have the upper hand ...right?  

7BB66C83-7DF9-4B37-A41E-C37BB3400118.png

3 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Oh but we do.  Might I introduce to you Brandon Marshall; formerly of Denver, Miami, both NY teams and yes our very own Bears. Playing in the #1 position I believe while Seattle contends with injuries.  Fuller should have the upper hand ...right?  

Yeah, forgot all about Brandon Marshall.

Fuller does not have the upper hand. Marshall does. It wouldn't surprise me to see Marshall get 10 catches.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:32 AM, jason said:

28-20 Seahawks

You have a team, which while nowhere close to its glory days, still has the better QB in the match-up. By nature, that means to me that Bears can be juts as likely to lose (vs. win) and like you I've learned to expect the worse. On paper, we have the better team and roster, however, QB play matters a lot and Wilson is capable of putting his team on his back and in a primetime match-up I think the probability that he does that increases (especially when its early in the season and they are entering with a 0-1 record).  Hopefully Bears overcome it and win and play well doing it!!! 

On 9/16/2018 at 9:32 AM, jason said:

28-20 Seahawks

This is just superstitious thinking. What is the common logical thread? The uniforms?

I can't say that they will win or lose, what I can say is that previous teams with different rosters and coaches have no bearing on the ability to predict this game, and even if they stink tonight, it STILL has nothing to do with it.

It's like classical conditioning, they ring the bell an d now you salivate, but people who do critical thinking and not psychological pain avoidance would just measure the teams.

2 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Inactives today:

No FB today, and Bilal Nichols might get his first NFL action.  

Michael Burton FB Inactive  
Rashaad Coward OT Inactive  
Kylie Fitts LB Inactive  
DeAndre Houston-Carson DB Inactive  
Isaiah Irving LB Inactive  
Nick Williams DT Inactive  
Javon Wims WR Inactive

Would be cool to see how Nichols does.  Wouldn't mind seeing how Fitts does but apparently not today. 

With no Burton does that mean more of Cunningham or one of the TE's in as an H-back or whatever they call it now?