Vikings at Bears - Week 4 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Sep 29th, 3:25 PM CT/CBS/Bears -2, O/U 38)

adam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwitkowski is good against the run, but cant keep up on drag routes.

I love the guy, because I believe he hustles his butt off, and he has gotten closer to his ceiling than most do.

But hes not a starter, hes too easy to exploit in the passing game. Just not fast enough.

4 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

Kwitkowski is good against the run, but cant keep up on drag routes.

I love the guy, because I believe he hustles his butt off, and he has gotten closer to his ceiling than most do.

But hes not a starter, hes too easy to exploit in the passing game. Just not fast enough.

Yeah his only weakness is in coverage, but he stopped the FB in the open field, has stuffed some runs and got a strip sack. If that's what you get from a sub, I will take it. 

41 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Is it me or do the Bears come out strong for the first half then throttle back for the second half?  They did come out fast for the first part of the second half but since then... 

And ... I’m wishing Montgomery would spend less time dancing around and moving upfield.  

8:03 left, first down from our 21, Wims gets a 37-yard reception.

In the 4th, we started our first drive at our 5, so we couldn't afford a turnover there. After that, time was more of an issue and it probably wasn't worth giving Minnesota a short field. 

On Montgomery, I am sure he will learn when to do that and when not to. He also has to be careful he doesn't get hurt twisting and contorting his body when his legs are wrapped up. That is an injury waiting to happen. 

3 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

You must be seeing holes nobody else can find.  

Yeah, watching the other games highlights (watch JAX or CLE), Chubb and Fournette have huge holes where they are not touched for 7-8 yards down the field after they are running at full speed. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

Yeah his only weakness is in coverage, but he stopped the FB in the open field, has stuffed some runs and got a strip sack. If that's what you get from a sub, I will take it. 

he is an excellent sub, and Pagano seems to know when to have him in, and when to have Pierre-Lewis in there.

Kwit is also good on special teams.

Yeah, if Hicks or Long are not 100% for next week, I would consider giving them more time off the way Williams and Larsen/Coward played. One interesting thing to note, with Daniel playing Scout Team QB, he gets a lot of reps with subs, so Larsen and Coward are familiar with him, same with Wims. Something to watch going forward.

Based on the early assessments on Trubisky's injury, he more than likely has a torn labrum and separated shoulder. They will more than likely let the inflammation go down and will keep him out a few weeks. Since it is not his throwing shoulder, there is not much risk of further injury other than a lot of pain (if he lands on it). If he has any kind of surgery, he will be out 6-8 weeks.

Daniel looked great and hopefully he can play good enough to win with this defense. Just don't turn the ball over and score at least 17 points, and we are likely to win. Through 4 games, we have allowed 5 TDs, and 45 pts (10, 14, 15, 6), that is insane. Obviously not sustainable, but I don't see us letting up 21 or more unless we let up some huge plays. 

Craziness, thru 4 games: (Pts allowed: 45, 85' Def: 69; Yards Allowed: 1163, 85' Def: 1334). This defense is really dead set on breaking some records. 

The Bears have the best D-Line and LB unit in football. I had never heard of this Nick Williams until he made his 1st sack of the year, but he's been making plays left and right. I think he already has 4 sacks in 3 games. He and RRH have been one of the big reasons why I think this defense is going to be a little better than last year's. It's always nice to see some improvement from within. 

Heck of a win against a good team today, and totally unexpected given the injuries. Even before the Trubisky thing, it was looking like Dalvin Cook may go off for over 100 with Hicks and Roquan Smith not playing. Hats off to the team for fighting through all of that and getting a win.

Having said that, it's becoming clearer by the week that this offense is not going to be good this year. They do not open up any holes in the running game, and they don't stretch the field vertically at all to challenge defenses. Just as I said I think the defense is a little better than they were last year, I think the offense is probably a little worse, too. 

I would be surprised if Trubisky doesn't miss most of the season now. I suppose the only silver lining to his injury is that it's to his non-throwing shoulder, but that looked like a broken collarbone or separated shoulder that may need surgery -- which could cost him the next 8-10 weeks. They're definitely going to have to bring in another quarterback. Colin Kaepernick anybody? 

Our defense has been utterly dominant in the first half of games this year.  They have given up 13 points total.  That sets the tone and allows us to dictate the second half of games.

They should stay dominant against Oakland, then go on to the bye week and get healthy.

As long as the offense progresses, thus team is a contender.

1 hour ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

The Bears have the best D-Line and LB unit in football. I had never heard of this Nick Williams until he made his 1st sack of the year, but he's been making plays left and right. I think he already has 4 sacks in 3 games. He and RRH have been one of the big reasons why I think this defense is going to be a little better than last year's. It's always nice to see some improvement from within. 

Heck of a win against a good team today, and totally unexpected given the injuries. Even before the Trubisky thing, it was looking like Dalvin Cook may go off for over 100 with Hicks and Roquan Smith not playing. Hats off to the team for fighting through all of that and getting a win.

Having said that, it's becoming clearer by the week that this offense is not going to be good this year. They do not open up any holes in the running game, and they don't stretch the field vertically at all to challenge defenses. Just as I said I think the defense is a little better than they were last year, I think the offense is probably a little worse, too. 

I would be surprised if Trubisky doesn't miss most of the season now. I suppose the only silver lining to his injury is that it's to his non-throwing shoulder, but that looked like a broken collarbone or separated shoulder that may need surgery -- which could cost him the next 8-10 weeks. They're definitely going to have to bring in another quarterback. Colin Kaepernick anybody? 

If Trubisky is lost for the season, the team will have to explore all options, so it would make sense to kick the tires on Kaepernick. This team would be able to handle the initial media frenzy but if he starts kneeling again, it could become a zoo.

One guy I would consider is AJ McCarron, currently with the Texans. Obviously they would have to be willing to part with him.

There is zero chance the bears are going to sign Kaepernick. On QB ability alone.

Trubisky's injury is his non throwing shoulder. He should be available in a few weeks unless he needs surgery.

I think they will bring up Bray, and stick with Daniels.

One of the best DEF games in todays modern game.  Three starters, two all pros out.  2'nd and 3'rd teamers played light outs.  Scoring a TD on the opening drive when you starting QB gets knocked out.  I don't care who either one is.  This game was everything I have been looking for.  This could be a season changing win.  Minny is not an above average offense, thanks to Cousins.  But two good WR's and Cook, the best running back so far this year.  If Floyd falls on that fumble this is a shut-out.

Some really questionable off. play calls.  But almost a perfect game, considering how things looked just after kickoff!!!