adam

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

This great WR draft is quickly turning into an OK WR draft. I’d take Higgins or Pittman, but I don’t really like Mims, Shenault, or Hamler in the 2nd. Lots of nice OL and DB help on the board. 

There was 27 WRs that had 1st and 2nd round grades. I think it's still a strong position. 

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Couldn’t agree more.  

We have to move forward with everything and figure out different ways to do things. I think they set a great example for other sports to figure ways to get sports back as quickly as possible.  

For example: baseball should set up training camp for 6-1 screen every player and keep them isolated until July 4th and start the baseball season.  Then add spectators August 1st. 

29 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

There was 27 WRs that had 1st and 2nd round grades. I think it's still a strong position. 

Thought that seemed astronomical.  I looked it up and I assume you are referring to this (https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/24/daniel-jeremiah-27-receivers-with-grades-in-top-3-rounds-in-2020-nfl-draft/), which says 27 WRs with first round grades in the first THREE rounds.  That still seems crazy high.  And I'll stand by my comment - the only WRs I would be really happy with in the second are Pittman or Higgins.  

According to GBNDREPORT big board top 25

3 Ss

3 CBs

2 OTs

3 EDGE

2 IOL 

4 WRs

Besides the top 3 Ss,  Chinn, Duggar, and A. Davis are available. 

I see them  sitting there at 43 and grab a WR or OT if one them drop. Then trading back at 50 and still be able to Chinn or Duggar between 55 to 65.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Is that the next Packer all pro QB.  Will be interesting how Rodgers reacts to this.  

Deshone Kizer (who was drafted in the second round by Cleveland in 2017) was traded to GB the next year.  If you recall his first time playing for GB was the same game Mack made his debut for Chicago.  Kizers play was so poor that Rodgers miraculously returned from what I was hoping was a game ending injury ... to beat the Bears.  Kizer is currently on the Raiders roster I believe as the #3.  

7 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Thought that seemed astronomical.  I looked it up and I assume you are referring to this (https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/24/daniel-jeremiah-27-receivers-with-grades-in-top-3-rounds-in-2020-nfl-draft/), which says 27 WRs with first round grades in the first THREE rounds.  That still seems crazy high.  And I'll stand by my comment - the only WRs I would be really happy with in the second are Pittman or Higgins.  

I think the top rated WRs by many so called experts are. Higgins- Shanult-Hamler- Mims and some throw in  Claypool - Pittman.  Several of them are going to be there with both of our picks.  The only one of that group I don't like is Shanult because of his injury history.  Hamler is a playmaker but is small otherwise I would be happy with the rest. 

I have literally seen every big board every site have posted and expert opinions.  You may be right about 3 rounds instead of 2 but everyone thinks this is a deep draft for WRs 

This is awesome.  There are 15 players I'd be happy to add to our roster.  Per NFL.com the best remaining are below.  If they have an asterisk I'd be happy to add them to the roster.  We have 10th and 17th picks in Rd 2 and I've got  *  on 15 players.   Others here have their own * on players like Shenault...fair enough. 

Certainly there will be at least two players not on my wish list who will be selected before we get to 50 and likely several more.  We can easily trade back at either 43 or 50 and still find someone I really like. 

I fully expect Dallas to trade up for either a CB or Edge.  Seattle has two picks in Rd 2 and could move one to get to the middle of the round since they have two 4th Rd picks.  Pairing their 59+101 equals value at #50.  That's a bit farther back than I'd like to go but it depends on who is still on the board at 50.   OTOH that pick at 101 is very enticing because it could become someone like Antonio Gibson.  

1)  Swift RB  rank 16

2) Blacklock DT 19

3) McKinney S  22  *

4)  Epenesa DE/Edge  26 * (I don't think this is likely  and maybe not even wise but it might just be too good to be true to add a pass rusher like him to the rotation)

5)  Higgins WR  27 * 

6)  J. Johnson CB 29 *

7)  Gross-Matos Edge 30   

8)  Marlon Davidson Edge  33

9)  Zack Baun  LB   34   *   (not a popular choice but I still can't have too many pass rushers and he fits in well as rotation among Mack/Quinn since he can cover too.  I also think at times we could drop into a really good 4-3 alignment with Baun/Trev/Smith which lets Quinn play to his strengths.  Versatility week to week to matchup however we want - we could do similar with a big S like Chinn)  

10)  Johnathan Taylor RB  35  *   so fast he has his own thread here :) 

11)  Shenault  WR  36  (injuries are too much of a concern for me at this point)

12)  Dobbins RB   37

13)  Josh Jones 39  ** (the anti-Leno)

14)  Delpit  S  40  *

15)  Kmet  TE  41  * ( I won't hate the pick but not ideal IMO)

16)  Kristian Fulton CB  43  *

17)  Chinn  S  44  *

18)  Madubuike DT  45

19)  Mims  WR  46  *   (not ideal his film didn't match the measureables IMO)

20)  Winfield  S  47  *   (not my favorite prospect but still a good addition)

21)  Pittman  WR  48  *  

22)  Trevon Diggs CB  49  * 

23)  Hurts QB  50

40 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

This is awesome.  There are 15 players I'd be happy to add to our roster.  Per NFL.com the best remaining are below.  If they have an asterisk I'd be happy to add them to the roster.  We have 10th and 17th picks in Rd 2 and I've got  *  on 15 players.   Others here have their own * on players like Shenault...fair enough. 

Certainly there will be at least two players not on my wish list who will be selected before we get to 50 and likely several more.  We can easily trade back at either 43 or 50 and still find someone I really like. 

I fully expect Dallas to trade up for either a CB or Edge.  Seattle has two picks in Rd 2 and could move one to get to the middle of the round since they have two 4th Rd picks.  Pairing their 59+101 equals value at #50.  That's a bit farther back than I'd like to go but it depends on who is still on the board at 50.   OTOH that pick at 101 is very enticing because it could become someone like Antonio Gibson.  

1)  Swift RB  rank 16

2) Blacklock DT 19

3) McKinney S  22  *

4)  Epenesa DE/Edge  26 * (I don't think this is likely  and maybe not even wise but it might just be too good to be true to add a pass rusher like him to the rotation)

5)  Higgins WR  27 * 

6)  J. Johnson CB 29 *

7)  Gross-Matos Edge 30   

8)  Marlon Davidson Edge  33

9)  Zack Baun  LB   34   *   (not a popular choice but I still can't have too many pass rushers and he fits in well as rotation among Mack/Quinn since he can cover too.  I also think at times we could drop into a really good 4-3 alignment with Baun/Trev/Smith which lets Quinn play to his strengths.  Versatility week to week to matchup however we want - we could do similar with a big S like Chinn)  

10)  Johnathan Taylor RB  35  *   so fast he has his own thread here :) 

11)  Shenault  WR  36  (injuries are too much of a concern for me at this point)

12)  Dobbins RB   37

13)  Josh Jones 39  ** (the anti-Leno)

14)  Delpit  S  40  *

15)  Kmet  TE  41  * ( I won't hate the pick but not ideal IMO)

16)  Kristian Fulton CB  43  *

17)  Chinn  S  44  *

18)  Madubuike DT  45

19)  Mims  WR  46  *   (not ideal his film didn't match the measureables IMO)

20)  Winfield  S  47  *   (not my favorite prospect but still a good addition)

21)  Pittman  WR  48  *  

22)  Trevon Diggs CB  49  * 

23)  Hurts QB  50

Besides that list , Cleveland/ OT and 2 QBs might get drafted ahead of us. Eason and Hurts which leaves us in a good position to grab 2 excellent players.  

Olin Kruetz was talking about the team needing some "dawgs". From what I read, Robert Hunt is that type of player on the O-Line.

With the way the board is playing out, we could grab someone like Niang, Hunt, Cushenberry, or Jones for the O-Line and a true SS. We could also still go WR as well. A lot of options for us at both picks.

30 minutes ago, adam said:

Olin Kruetz was talking about the team needing some "dawgs". From what I read, Robert Hunt is that type of player on the O-Line.

With the way the board is playing out, we could grab someone like Niang, Hunt, Cushenberry, or Jones for the O-Line and a true SS. We could also still go WR as well. A lot of options for us at both picks.

I'm hoping for multiple options at our picks, so Pace can perform minor trade downs.  So much talent left in our need box.

Dane Buglers mocks the second round and jas the 2 Ots gone to Cincinnati and Jaguars. he has getting Xavier McKinney and  Cruisberry.  I would be happy with that.  Deep enough at WR to still get one later.  We definitely need to trade back with our 50 pick.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

Hunt has become one of my picks.  Don't care where but he is someone I would love to be a Bear.