Remaking the bears 2021

Stinger226

There is no way Fuller , Jackson, Mack or Quinn have any chance of being traded. If you go by their value of contract, this year is bad juju for trying to trade them. Cost doesnt match production. I have read projections that 2 years from now the cap will not being going up because they will be dealing with the same problems they had to deal with this year. We are stuck in cap hell . I hope they can move money down the road and keep as many stars as we can. Hicks is the only star that does not have a negative impact on the cap. I am not lobbying to get rid of him, just think its the only one that works with the cap for a 32 year old , having injuries the last two years. I think they will think Nichols taking a jump will ease the pain. I doubt they will get rid of Miller with AROB probably not coming back. Losing AROB and Hicks will hurt but with so many big contracts they will have no choice. I like the idea of moving contracts down the road but with the next two years being stagnate, I think it will be hard to move everything 3 years down the road and work.

WRs:  Miller, Mooney, Wims, Ridley, and a draft pick looks like our next year roster. Not good

DTs:  Nichols, McCullens, Goldman, Urban, McCullens and RRH might be what we are stuck with.  

I would love everybody back but the numbers tell a different story. I just dont think your moving players and restructuring contracts 2 years down the road is going to work.  If I have a choice, I would try to bring back AROB and let Hicks go. Younger, a #1 WR for a new QB. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/19/2020 at 11:55 AM, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Now that it is a need, they better not end up with Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi 2.0.  

I hope they mix in a DT in the first 3 rounds too.  The drop off after losing Hicks is huge and Goldmans absence was noticed too. I thought Bilal Nichols would become that Hicks clone, he is nice rotation but not a force.  A 2nd or 3rd RD DT could help the pass rush.

Bilal, sorry I was wrong on this comment.  You sir are a force.

On 12/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, Stinger226 said:

So did Daniels die in your scenario? He was actually playing the best of the OL before he got hurt. (not my opinion) The OL should be  draft pick-Whitehair-Daniels-?-draft pick. I dont think Ifedi has played very well, think Massie would have been better. Maybe Bars at RG? He has faired well since starting. I would prefer 2 new tackles and fill in the interior with what we have. 

HA! Yes, he died in my scenario. As others have mentioned. I forgot all about him because he's on IR. He actually seemed to be doing OK before injury. No wonder since he's the only OL pick in the last four years selected before the fifth round.

Philosophy of my scenario remains the same, and I definitely disagree with the notion that any of the other random names have played well enough to ignore drafting better players in higher rounds. To me Mustipher is like a midget (normal Bears OL play) saying he'd love to be 4'11" (Mustipher). When you're used to seeing midgets, 4'11" is pretty tall. 

Ignoring OL is the primary reason why the Bears have been mediocre at best for 2+ decades. I'd like to see them make it the #1 priority, and watch the skill players benefit as a result, before I die. 

15 minutes ago, jason said:

Ignoring OL is the primary reason why the Bears have been mediocre at best for 2+ decades. I'd like to see them make it the #1 priority, and watch the skill players benefit as a result, before I die. 

Lots of things I would love to see before I die.   Just don't think I will.

We’ve averaged at least one different starting QB per year since Bill Wade left the franchise in 1966. it’s not just scouting, coaching, or the lack of development around the QB. It’s all those things."

From WCG a few days ago.  Hard for me to get my brain around that and expect anything to ever change.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Lots of things I would love to see before I die.   Just don't think I will.

We’ve averaged at least one different starting QB per year since Bill Wade left the franchise in 1966. it’s not just scouting, coaching, or the lack of development around the QB. It’s all those things."

From WCG a few days ago.  Hard for me to get my brain around that and expect anything to ever change.

I know we have had what feels like a revolving door at QB, but it really has been Cutler-Trubisky for the last 12 years. Cutler missed games due to injury and Trubisky missed some and was benched, but they were the starters on opening day in the last 12 regular seasons. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I know we have had what feels like a revolving door at QB, but it really has been Cutler-Trubisky for the last 12 years. Cutler missed games due to injury and Trubisky missed some and was benched, but they were the starters on opening day in the last 12 regular seasons. 

And thats a good thing?  

10 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Mustipher has been amazing for an undrafted rookie. I would not be opposed to bringing Ifedi back and drafting some tackles early. The interior line with Whitehair, Mustipher, and Bars has been very good, and that is not even counting Daniels who was arguably the best of the group before he got hurt. It is crazy how long they went with Coward though. I am glad they made the switch but man, how long did they have to watch him completely whiffing on guys to make the switch.

5 hours ago, adam said:

Mustipher has been amazing for an undrafted rookie. I would not be opposed to bringing Ifedi back and drafting some tackles early. The interior line with Whitehair, Mustipher, and Bars has been very good, and that is not even counting Daniels who was arguably the best of the group before he got hurt. It is crazy how long they went with Coward though. I am glad they made the switch but man, how long did they have to watch him completely whiffing on guys to make the switch.

Rashad Coward is a cool story but a bad player. I'm just happy they've moved on. 

Peace

With Daniels coming back, Bars has the body of a OT, maybe he could play RT. Draft a first round LT and get a later round RT prospect and frees up the front of the draft for a WR, CB. DT and a QB. We have picks in the first 3 rounds. If we cant resign AROB we also would get a comp. 3rd round pick.

3 hours ago, Connorbear said:

Rashad Coward is a cool story but a bad player. I'm just happy they've moved on. 

Peace

Like Leno, Lance Louis, Webb. I just wish it didn't take so long for them to decide the random, late-round guy who is better than the horrible, in-house competition isn't actually a good player.

2 hours ago, jason said:

Like Leno, Lance Louis, Webb. I just wish it didn't take so long for them to decide the random, late-round guy who is better than the horrible, in-house competition isn't actually a good player.

Preach. This has been a constant and repeated error.

Tried the QB route.  It was a choice between Mac Jones or Kyle Trask. Both have limited experience.  Trask seemed to have the better traits and nfl QB size, I felt Stafford-ish.  If I didn't trade down, I could have taken Zach Wilson. Oline invested heavy round 2, RD3 is a big DT/DE reminds me of Hicks, ILB to replace Trevathan, WR that has speed and upside and a RB that can catch well and return. 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 21 (MIA): Kyle Trask, QB, Florida (B+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (MIA): Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 16: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (B+)
Round 3 Pick 15: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A+)
Round 5 Pick 16: Anthony Hines, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16: Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (B+)

With 2 possible 6th RD comp picks I would take a SS and CB/OLB. 

On 12/18/2020 at 4:33 PM, Mongo3451 said:

My OL would be

LT - Christian Varishaw, Va Tech

LG - James Daniels

C - Sam Mustipher

RG - Cody Whitehair

RT - Jalen Mayfield, Michigan

With our first and second picks, we get two of the top 5 OT's in the draft.  Get our best lineman back at 23 years old.  Move Whitehair to RG where he is a vast improvement and mentor to our new RT.  Another year of Mustipher will bring him added strength.  Bring back Bars, Ifedi, Hambright and Spriggs as backups.  If Leno is willing to take a pay cut, I'm willing to keep him around as well.

Bears absolutely need to draft two OT’s in the first three picks to get themselves some bookends and cut Leno and Massie and some other dead wait. 

Pace (or new GM) needs to trade down and infuse this team with younger talent in key positions kinda like this: OT, QB, Nickel DB, and TE with some depth at WR, LB, and CB/S

OT Alabama
    QB Alabama

OT Oklahoma State
    TE Mississippi

S Syracuse
    CB Georgia
    TE Iowa State
    LB West Virginia

WR North Carolina

S UCLA

On 12/24/2020 at 11:50 PM, ParkerBear7 said:

Bears absolutely need to draft two OT’s in the first three picks to get themselves some bookends and cut Leno and Massie and some other dead wait. 

Pace (or new GM) needs to trade down and infuse this team with younger talent in key positions kinda like this: OT, QB, Nickel DB, and TE with some depth at WR, LB, and CB/S

Did you really draft two TEs the year after Kmet...on purpose?

On 12/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Mongo3451 said:

Just did this draft and couldn't be happier.

Start off OT, OT, and QB who could very well deserve the Heisman? Then follow it up with an anchor in the defensive middle? THEN get a ball-hawking, play-making LB?

I don't even care about the rest of the picks (great picks, BTW), but that's a home run. Is it such a difficult concept to pick a young stud QB and then surround him with maulers who protect him like their lives depend on it?

When was the last time the Bears had a draft that anyone, much less everyone, thought was a home run?

10 hours ago, jason said:

Start off OT, OT, and QB who could very well deserve the Heisman? Then follow it up with an anchor in the defensive middle? THEN get a ball-hawking, play-making LB?

I don't even care about the rest of the picks (great picks, BTW), but that's a home run. Is it such a difficult concept to pick a young stud QB and then surround him with maulers who protect him like their lives depend on it?

When was the last time the Bears had a draft that anyone, much less everyone, thought was a home run?

Thanks

On 12/28/2020 at 9:28 AM, jason said:

I dont think with everyone having a difference  of opinions that anyone will agree on hitting a homerun. Definitely draft 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds as the draft falls that way also. I have read some good things about Jamie Newman as being a better prospect than Trask and we could get him in the 3rd round leaving us getting better OT prospect in the second instead of third.  

On 12/20/2020 at 7:41 AM, Stinger226 said:

There is no way Fuller , Jackson, Mack or Quinn have any chance of being traded. If you go by their value of contract, this year is bad juju for trying to trade them. Cost doesnt match production. I have read projections that 2 years from now the cap will not being going up because they will be dealing with the same problems they had to deal with this year. We are stuck in cap hell . I hope they can move money down the road and keep as many stars as we can. Hicks is the only star that does not have a negative impact on the cap. I am not lobbying to get rid of him, just think its the only one that works with the cap for a 32 year old , having injuries the last two years. I think they will think Nichols taking a jump will ease the pain. I doubt they will get rid of Miller with AROB probably not coming back. Losing AROB and Hicks will hurt but with so many big contracts they will have no choice. I like the idea of moving contracts down the road but with the next two years being stagnate, I think it will be hard to move everything 3 years down the road and work.

WRs:  Miller, Mooney, Wims, Ridley, and a draft pick looks like our next year roster. Not good

DTs:  Nichols, McCullens, Goldman, Urban, McCullens and RRH might be what we are stuck with.  

I would love everybody back but the numbers tell a different story. I just dont think your moving players and restructuring contracts 2 years down the road is going to work.  If I have a choice, I would try to bring back AROB and let Hicks go. Younger, a #1 WR for a new QB. 

I think you're right about everyone but Fuller. Fuller has been pretty damn good this year, even if he's not getting INTs. 

If I were the Bears, I'd move Fuller and Hicks next year before their contract expires and re-sign Robinson. They need to spread the money around both sides of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, McGowan said:

I think you're right about everyone but Fuller. Fuller has been pretty good this year, even if he's not getting INTs. 

Fuller is playing well enough to be wanted by someone but doubt your getting anything better than a third for him with his salary. The problem is every team has to deal with the loss of cap space and only a few that can weather it very well, so just a few times would be capable of trading for him. Colts and NE are two with the highest cap space , so maybe the Colts but NE gets rid of expensive players , not trade for them. The rest are bad teams that are not in the position to be ready to do that kind of move.