Bears @ Jaguars, Week 16 Trap Game, 12/27, SUN, 12:00pm, CBS, Bears -7.5

adam

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Do you think they’ll let fans show up to the game next week? I have to believe having live fans in the stands would make a hell of a difference.  And would be all the better if they win.  

Not a chance in Chicago.  Most likely not even next year with covid-21.

6 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

Hope the Titans give them a hard game and they need to play their starters. Greenbay’s bye week was early so they are likely to be nursing some injuries. 

Would like to power into the playoffs instead of limping in. 

So if Arizona loses again Chicago is in regardless of what they (Chicago) does next week?  

6 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Wow... didn’t realize Illinois was still locked down as much as they are.  

By COVID21 you mean the new strain coming out of Europe? 

It is more just the city for lockdowns, the rest of the state has been easier on businesses.  Right now it is the Europe one, but it mutates and who knows by then.

38 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

What happens if the Seahawks beat the Rams how does that affect us. 

Best I can tell whomever wins this gets the NFC West title (higher seed) and the other ends up in the 5th or 6th (WC) spot.  Think Seattle ends up higher (if they lose) due to their schedule and overall record. Bears are in position for the last (newly added this year) 7th position.  

From Profootballnerwork.com:

2BFAB892-1DE3-42C6-9301-1DF0F821BE2A.jpeg

Being 8-8 at worst Nagy and Pace isnt going anywhere but changing Pagano is a good idea that I doubt Pace addresses. The defense needs to be more aggressive. I hate at the end of games we have leads where we have 3 rushes as good QBs having time move down the field. With a more aggressive team, we have the chance to give up more bigger plays but have more chances to create more TOs , something we are lacking since Fangio left. Backing into the playoffs losing to Packers as AZ loses when not be very uplifting. Since we are rolling, we just need to beat Packers which could put us in a spot to play them in the first game of the playoffs. If Seattle wins and Packers lose, they will have the same conference record. I am not sure what the next protocol is for seeding? Anyone know?

Anything 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 is the Lovie Trap. Sure, there is the brief playoff euphoria, and it's possible for the lowest seed to make it through to the SB, but it's extremely unlikely. And this team isn't really good enough to increase those 1/1,000,000 odds. 

The end result is a quick playoff exit, coaches who get to stick around when they probably shouldn't, a worse draft pick for a team that needs more draft capital, and a team that is further away from being an actual threat than they actually believe.