Week 17 v Green Bay

50england50

On offense I hope we run the ball and use a lot of RPO with Mitch. I think Green Bay will use a 5 or 6 man front similar to the front they used to stop Derrick Henry. 

From a 2 TE, 2 WR  and 1 HB I’m hoping we can run the ball effectively and when we pass Mitch’s options are small so he can get rid of the ball quickly

On defense I’m hoping that Johnson and Skrine are available and if we can’t pressure Rogers with a 4 man front Pagano can use some exotic blitz’s possibly with Smith and Trevathan showing blitz and coming or dropping out of it. I think having Hicks available will be a massive difference to the game earlier this year. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, 50england50 said:

On defense I’m hoping that Johnson and Skrine are available and if we can’t pressure Rogers with a 4 man front Pagano can use some exotic blitz’s possibly with Smith and Trevathan showing blitz and coming or dropping out of it. I think having Hicks available will be a massive difference to the game earlier this year. 

I think you’re right about Hicks.  I didn’t think about it until you said but he was out the last GB game.  He is a huge difference in the middle.  And with Nichols making steady progress they could be an issue for the interior line.  Meaning Mack and Quinn should be a bit more productive than they have in the past several weeks.  

Im not sure if Johnson or Vildor is the better option right now at LCB.  I’m pretty sure that Shelley is a better option at NB than Skrine at this point.  Whomever has Adams will need to be on their ‘A’ game. 

In my option the season rests on this game.  Win and they beat the most hated team and make the playoffs.  Lose and they depend on someone else to help them and they limp in.  Making the playoffs doesn't mean anything if they don't beat the Packers. .  Only one outcome is positive and that's a win.  Win or I hope they go home.

And stating the obvious.  This is why Rogers lives.  Stick it to the Bears when it hurts the most.

The Playoff begin Sunday and continue to they lose.

This is not a Dual between Rogers and Mitch. This run the ball and control the clock and keep Rogers sitting on the side lines.  The big question is how does the Bears pass defense cover shut down the pass. Mack has to be all over Rogers if the bears are going to have a chance. 

6 hours ago, 50england50 said:

On offense I hope we run the ball and use a lot of RPO with Mitch. I think Green Bay will use a 5 or 6 man front similar to the front they used to stop Derrick Henry. 

From a 2 TE, 2 WR  and 1 HB I’m hoping we can run the ball effectively and when we pass Mitch’s options are small so he can get rid of the ball quickly

Just say no to RPO.

Run-oriented, play-action pass is what has been working.

Win, lose or draw this game is judgement day.  It couldn't come at a better time, against a better team and a better consequence. 

Seven years ago yesterday was the week 17 game against the Packers for the division and a playoff birth.  I remember that day well.  It was very cold and Rodgers was just coming back from a broken collar bone.  We were in control of that game until a 4th and 8 miracle from from Rodgers changed it all.  Peppers had a great rush and was ready to sack Rodgers when Kuhn does a superman dive across the pocket to deflect Peppers just enough to release Rodgers. It was game freaking over, but Chris Conte bites on the under route that was already covered and Cobb scores the go ahead TD.  I will always hate Chris Conte.  Below, is a pic of me and my wife that day.  The shock the entire stadium felt was numbing.  It think Connerbear was there as well.

That year was the first year of Trestman, so the staff and Cutler were safe.  This year, a house cleaning party may occur.  On the other hand, Trubisky can become the Kingslayer, as they have dubbed Rodgers the king in the north.  Trubisky, in turn, can save the jobs of Nagy and Pace by getting it done in a big game, but most importantly resurrect his career.

Bear down!

20131229_143735.jpg

20131229_122509.jpg

This game is the most important regular season game for this team in years. It will ultimately come down to what defense shows up. If it is the one from the last few weeks, we have no chance. 

I believe the offense will score 20+ but can the defense stop Rodgers and Adams? 

The game was shifted to the afternoon slot parallel to the Rams-Cards game. 

A win and the Bears can actually knock GB out of the #1 seed and possibly all the way to the #3 seed. There is also a chance that there is a rematch in GB the following week if the Bears win. 

The Bears also can jump to the #6 seed with a win and Cards win. 

People forget there was a 14 pt swing in the last game, the Bears gifted them 7 pts on the Trubisky fumble and lost 7 more on the end zone INT. If Trubisky can hold onto the ball, that's a completely different game. Monty had success and Nagy abandoned the run. Just pound the rock, make them commit to the run and then hit them with PA and boots. Easy reads for Trubisky and put the ball in playmakers hands in space. 

5 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Win, lose or draw this game is judgement day.  It couldn't come at a better time, against a better team and a better consequence. 

Seven years ago yesterday was the week 17 game against the Packers for the division and a playoff birth.  I remember that day well.  It was very cold and Rodgers was just coming back from a broken collar bone.  We were in control of that game until a 4th and 8 miracle from from Rodgers changed it all.  Peppers had a great rush and was ready to sack Rodgers when Kuhn does a superman dive across the pocket to deflect Peppers just enough to release Rodgers. It was game freaking over, but Chris Conte bites on the under route that was already covered and Cobb scores the go ahead TD.  I will always hate Chris Conte.  Below, is a pic of me and my wife that day.  The shock the entire stadium felt was numbing.  It think Connerbear was there as well.

That year was the first year of Trestman, so the staff and Cutler were safe.  This year, a house cleaning party may occur.  On the other hand, Trubisky can become the Kingslayer, as they have dubbed Rodgers the king in the north.  Trubisky, in turn, can save the jobs of Nagy and Pace by getting it done in a big game, but most importantly resurrect his career.

Bear down!

20131229_143735.jpg

20131229_122509.jpg

I was in Berlin with my oldest son. We watched the games with our hosts, which happened to be Packers fans. 

Rodgers is playing on another level this year. The pick of Jordan Love may have been the best move the Packers made in the offseason because it lit a fire under Rodgers ass. I see no possible way we contain him. i really hope I'm wrong. I do think it will be much closer than last time. Packers 35, Bears 28. 

Peace

On 12/30/2020 at 12:07 AM, jason said:

Just say no to RPO.

Run-oriented, play-action pass is what has been working.

Agree, do what we do best. If that’s not enough so be it. I don’t expect a win. I’m hooping we make a game of it. A win would be great for so many obvious reasons. Knocking GB out of the #1 seed to clinch our own playoff spot would be sweet. They have been that bully that keeps taking our lunch money. Time to fight back. 

The only way we win today is if our high paid players on D plays up to their contracts. Quinn, Jackson, and Mack. If MT plays an errorless game and we get some lucky breaks. I would say with  David Bahktaria out is our first break.  We will never win a shoot out with Rodgers at QB so the D needs to show up. 

On 12/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I think you’re right about Hicks.  I didn’t think about it until you said but he was out the last GB game.  He is a huge difference in the middle.  And with Nichols making steady progress they could be an issue for the interior line.  Meaning Mack and Quinn should be a bit more productive than they have in the past several weeks.  

What worries me is that Hicks has been around for some lousy defensive performances since that game  They've given up somebig chunk plays in the running game.  I'm worried.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:06 PM, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Im not sure if Johnson or Vildor is the better option right now at LCB.  I’m pretty sure that Shelley is a better option at NB than Skrine at this point.  Whomever has Adams will need to be on their ‘A’ game. 

Vildor looks like a rookie a lot more than Johnson.  He looks lost.  Johnson is also probably better in man coverage.  What worries me about Shelly is that he's about 3 feet tall.  He's a terrible match up for some of those tall WRs that the Packers have.

Tom S.

I noticed that Prince Amukamara is on the Cardinals practice squad and I don’t think he has played for them this year. Being on the practice squad I imagine he would be relatively fit if not game fit. Could the Bears grab him because he would be familiar with the system we run. Would he not be a better option than Vildor at corner. 

6 hours ago, tshanno said:

What worries me is that Hicks has been around for some lousy defensive performances since that game  They've given up somebig chunk plays in the running game.  I'm worried.

Getting pressure on Rodgers will have  a bigger affect on this game more than anything. Historically speaking Rodgers and GB has had a hey day against Chicago and it’s secondary no matter who the receivers are or whoever's covering them.  If our front seven does their job and (a) stops the run and (b) puts unrelenting pressure on Rodgers, they can win.  TB did it, Indy did it and the Vikings did it during their second game against each other and won.  The Bears didn’t put pressure on Rodgers in game one, will they in game two?