Bears Free Agency 2021

ASHKUM BEAR

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty cool FA Cheat Sheet. File attached or view here:

According to Mike, our lowest unit position is QB (0.4), then S (0.8), then OL (1.6), then CB (2.0), followed by WR (2.4). 

Checking out some names on his list from those groups:

QB (Top 5): Trubisky, Brissett, Dalton, Taylor, Smith.

This is funny and sad, Trubisky is the hottest QB on the market. Do the Bears make a run at him? How would he look in Nagy's offense?

Safety (Top 10): Harris, Jackson, Harmon, Neal, Hooker, Boston, Woods, Tartt, Vaccaro, Gipson

So any player above Gipson would be an apparent upgrade. A few of these guys would compliment Jackson better than HaHa or Gipson did.

OT (Top 10): Williams, Villanueva, Schwartz, Fisher, Beachum, Okung, Reiff, Remmers, Peters, Wagner

OG (Top 5): Jackson, Incognito, Turner, Reed, Ifedi

For OL, we obviously need bookends. I would love to have someone like Williams or Villanueva, but would settle for someone like Reiff at this point, which would still be an upgrade over Massie.

CB (Top 10): Jackson, Griffin, Sherman, Hayward, Peterson, Jenkins, Rhodes, Butler, King, Hill

With Fuller and Johnson locked in (unless traded), I am surprised this group was this low. So if we brought someone in, I would assume they would be the Nickel or CB3, so I doubt any of those guys in the top 10 would fit that role.

WR (Top 10): Smith-Schuster, Golladay, Fuller, Samuel, Brown, Watkins, Hilton, Jones, Brown, Sanders

If the Bears do not sign Patterson, I would love to see Samuel signed, who played all over the field for CAR, but is a much better WR than Patterson. If the Bears miss out on the top 10, a few other names that would be upgrades over Miller/Wims at #3 would be Keenan Cole, Josh Reynolds, and Adam Humphries. 

EwkLwLEWEAAqlls.png

5 hours ago, adam said:

Pretty cool FA Cheat Sheet. File attached or view here:

According to Mike, our lowest unit position is QB (0.4), then S (0.8), then OL (1.6), then CB (2.0), followed by WR (2.4). 

Checking out some names on his list from those groups:

QB (Top 5): Trubisky, Brissett, Dalton, Taylor, Smith.

This is funny and sad, Trubisky is the hottest QB on the market. Do the Bears make a run at him? How would he look in Nagy's offense?

Couldn’t help but notice AJ McCarron on the list.  Not all that long ago a few here speculated how he might look in Chicago.  He’s got the “Bill Parcell’s” pedigree with him coming from a big school (Alabama) and a winning record (won two BCS championships).  

13 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Germain Ifedi signs a one year deal with Bears worth up to 5 million. 

Probably means LT William's is out of the equation. 

Ifedi will go back to playing RT, so it wouldn't impact another OT signing to replace Leno.

I think they end up drafting the LT but will play RT this year.  They will think between Leno and Ifedi, Leno is better. With him and Bars they have the backups in case to support the 2 new tackles we will draft.(I hope).  On Olins podcasts they had a so called OL expert and he stated that Telven Jenkins is the 2nd best OT in this draft other than Pete Sewell. He should be there when we pick, we should grab him. He likes Slater from NW but says he will probably be a OG.

It sounds like they will cut Fuller instead of Hicks. I think with all the good players being cut they can find a bargain player at CB this year. I am more worried about getting a SS of which there is a lot out there right now. Maybe Gibson can come back on a cheap deal.

31 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It sounds like they will cut Fuller instead of Hicks. I think with all the good players being cut they can find a bargain player at CB this year. I am more worried about getting a SS of which there is a lot out there right now. Maybe Gibson can come back on a cheap deal.

there will definitely be a lot more decent players available for cheaper short term deals this year, so that is good.

Our DL has Hicks, Nichols, Goldman, Edwards, Blackson signed so far for 2021. I would have like to had Urban back but he just signed with Dallas. We had McCullers and Jenkins in the fold and RRH on IR. Goldman opted out . So would probably need at least 2 more DL players to fill out the roster this year. We have LaCale London on a futures contract. So is everyone good if we just bring back Jenkins and McCullers again? Unless we sign another upscale DL, I think this says Hicks will be here.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

AROB just signed the franchise tag. He seen good WRs getting paid modest money and took the 18 mil. Also we met with Golloday. IF we grabbed him and AROB with Mooney. That would be a formidable WR room.

Too bad Dalton will be under a pile before he has a chance to throw on 75% of the plays that are more than a 3-step drop.

Listening to ESPN tonight they think part is why Fuller was released was due to ARob signing his Tag.  The guy on “Freddy and Fritz” (didn’t catch his name) thinks the Bears were hoping Robinson either wouldn’t sign it and go for a long term deal or they could trade him.  Doesn’t sound like either played to their favor.  Yay...

Glad to have Robinson just not at the expense of helping dismantle our defense.  

The salary cap is real, in order to add someone , we have to lose players. The problem is in the last few years the team has been paying its good players. After all the mistakes Pace has made , good players are the ones with the best cap space availability. None of this is good, but anyone living in reality knew this was going to happen. Everyone wants AROB to hang around and getting rid of Fuller and next Hicks pays for his salary.

8 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Listening to ESPN tonight they think part is why Fuller was released was due to ARob signing his Tag.  The guy on “Freddy and Fritz” (didn’t catch his name) thinks the Bears were hoping Robinson either wouldn’t sign it and go for a long term deal or they could trade him.  Doesn’t sound like either played to their favor.  Yay...

Glad to have Robinson just not at the expense of helping dismantle our defense.  

It's crazy.  The reason they brought Golliday in was to put the heat on Robinson.  Robinson blinked and signed.  Next, the Fuller thing, I need to get a grasp on.  I just heard that we can still trade him.  I looked up his contract and he's only costing 9 mil this year.  You'd have to think there's a way to save him.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The salary cap is real, in order to add someone , we have to lose players.

Yep I get it.  It’s about being able to keep teams competitive.  It just sucks when it affects your team this way. 

Another thing I heard yesterday was that the NFL signed a new long term contract with ESPN/ABC, FoxSports, etc in the neighborhood of a couple Billion dollars (yes with a B ) through 2033.  One analyst said that equates to each team earning roughly $400 Million starting 2023.  I assume all of that won’t be cap money but they said it will in fact impact each teams cap.   Enough to where things like the Bears losing Fuller wouldn’t have happened.  This sounds like an Adam type story as I was a bit vague on the details.  

• adam pinned and featured this topic
  • adam unpinned this topic