Eddie Goldman Rumors -- Update

Pixote

2 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I did see a story about Cutler saying he’d be willing to come back to play for the Bears again.  Can’t seem to be able to second source it so it’s probably not legit…but we could talk about it.  🤔

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/jay-cutler-would-gladly-play-for-bears-again-if-given-2nd-chance/

I am missing something.  I couldn't find the part that says he be willing to come back.  He did say he would gladly do it all over again even if it had the same outcome and likes Nagy; as a head coach.

6 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think our defense will be top 5. Johnson, Nichols, and Smith will have pro bowl type seasons. Mack and Quinn will be what we expected last year. Hopefully Jackson upgrades his play. Hicks and Mack  will hopefully plays without injuries.

One of the things I love about football is the way all the pieces of a defense interact. If the front 7 is as good as they can be, the corners are going to look like Pro Bowl players. I think we can expect to see Eddie Jackson return to form too. Once you start to dominate up front, everything else starts looking really good too.

11 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

One of the things I love about football is the way all the pieces of a defense interact. If the front 7 is as good as they can be, the corners are going to look like Pro Bowl players. I think we can expect to see Eddie Jackson return to form too. Once you start to dominate up front, everything else starts looking really good too.

Another year of Gipson back there with Jackson, which will be useful. People forget that Gipson didn't have an offseason due to Covid, so he should be better, which will also make Jackson better. I think the entire secondary will be better without Pagano.

36 minutes ago, adam said:

Another year of Gipson back there with Jackson, which will be useful. People forget that Gipson didn't have an offseason due to Covid, so he should be better, which will also make Jackson better. I think the entire secondary will be better without Pagano.

me too, I read in various interviews that Desai's scheme is going to be more similar to Fangio's scheme, especially in how it relates to Jackson.

But no matter what we do, if the front 7 plays like it should be able to, it's going to make everything cleaner in the secondary, and probably give Jackson more interception chances too.

1 hour ago, BearFan NYC said:

But no matter what we do, if the front 7 plays like it should be able to, it's going to make everything cleaner in the secondary, and probably give Jackson more interception chances too.

I think a snap count will greatly benefit Hicks and Mack...

30 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I think a snap count will greatly benefit Hicks and Mack...

With 17 game season, it's a must. We need a front 7 rotation outside of Roquan. On offense, the same thing, don't kill Monty if Williams can do similar things.

• 4 weeks later...