GM Candidates: The List

DABEARSDABOMB

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adam said:

Biggs believes they will go GM first. Hopefully that's the case. I will feel much better. Ossenfort is a sleeper. Titans have built a very solid team. 

I am guessing tomorrow & Wednesday they will have all the GM candidates they want in for a 2nd time. I would be surprised if Khan didn't make the cut (but maybe there interests didn't align - Khan is more of a VP type with a GM reporting into him type of guy in my opinion).  I.e., your Ted Phillips on steroids replacement (someone who can make football decisions but also do broader operational type of stuff while leaning heavy on a top team of personnel people).  

Some good names - I honestly wouldn't have an issue with any of the names floated for GM.  Am curious who their respective leans are for coach and what plans they have around building out the front office / structural changes. Reality is we probably won't learn much about the structural changes early on as those will probably happen over time.  Eliot Wolf intrigues me though - multiple destination - both at fantastic orgs but also his time with Browns (who added talent and had to overhaul things) but obviously a ton of value from his time with Packers & Pats too.  

Really - I can make a good case for any of the names - so that is nice.  

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I am guessing tomorrow & Wednesday they will have all the GM candidates they want in for a 2nd time. I would be surprised if Khan didn't make the cut (but maybe there interests didn't align - Khan is more of a VP type with a GM reporting into him type of guy in my opinion).  I.e., your Ted Phillips on steroids replacement (someone who can make football decisions but also do broader operational type of stuff while leaning heavy on a top team of personnel people).  

Some good names - I honestly wouldn't have an issue with any of the names floated for GM.  Am curious who their respective leans are for coach and what plans they have around building out the front office / structural changes. Reality is we probably won't learn much about the structural changes early on as those will probably happen over time.  Eliot Wolf intrigues me though - multiple destination - both at fantastic orgs but also his time with Browns (who added talent and had to overhaul things) but obviously a ton of value from his time with Packers & Pats too.  

Really - I can make a good case for any of the names - so that is nice.  

Surprised as well to see Ossenfort as he wasn't on my radar.  I have to credit the Titans for building a good football team with not just athletes but football players.   Watching that team play it always feels like the team is more than just the sum of the parts.   Vrabel gets a lot of credit too.    Kinda like the anti-Nagy.