Roster Going Forward...

Mongo3451

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Wow, you did a good job on this. A few things,  I think Sam Kamara at 6'2"- 290 will be considered a 3 T. I also think they may bring back Nichols , he can play both DT spots and seen his contract at Around 6 mil. The only other DT available that played as much was Jarod Reed/ KC . He is 30, Nichols 26. I tink we could be bringing back Christian Jones. He started while in Detroit and was productive. If they need a cheap option st SAM, he could be a temporary get. 

2 Ss available that had ties to Eberflus  is George Odum and Malik Hooker. Both could come cheaply. 

Kamara has only lined up as a 3-4 OLB, so it was a toss-up to put him in with the DEs or the 4-3 OLBs. I just left him there assuming he probably will end up on the PS. 

The D-Line positions are going to be interesting. I think Nichols can play 3T, but that position is one of the most important one in this scheme. If he underperforms, the entire defense does. If he comes in around $6M, I would probably do it.

For the safeties, as long as they aren't afraid to tackle, I am good. We have missed good tackling for our safeties since Amos left. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

We resigned Simmons/OT, Mustifer/OC and Jasper Horsted/TE..Other than a few SP team additions, this shows his first evaluation of the roster. Hosted is a no brainer, made the highlight film on only a few reps. I find it interesting that he sees some game in Mustifer and Simmons . Maybe he sees Simmons as a OG..If he doesn't add a OC in free agency, he may think he is capable of starting again. 

49 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

We resigned Simmons/OT, Mustifer/OC and Jasper Horsted/TE..Other than a few SP team additions, this shows his first evaluation of the roster. Hosted is a no brainer, made the highlight film on only a few reps. I find it interesting that he sees some game in Mustifer and Simmons . Maybe he sees Simmons as a OG..If he doesn't add a OC in free agency, he may think he is capable of starting again. 

You gotta start somewhere.  Best place to start is at the floor and build up.

14 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It will be interesting to see what type of deal Mustipher got. That will be telling on the direction at Center. 

I am good with Horsted, and if you use him properly, he might develop into a sneaky weapon with a real offense. Simmons provides some young depth on the O-Line. 

3 hours ago, adam said:

It will be interesting to see what type of deal Mustipher got. That will be telling on the direction at Center. 

I am good with Horsted, and if you use him properly, he might develop into a sneaky weapon with a real offense. Simmons provides some young depth on the O-Line. 

I thought Simmons looked horrible but we have to field enough players for training camp. I see no risk keeping him around to see if he fits the new offense better.  

3 hours ago, adam said:

They all just recieved RFA tenders.

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

I thought Simmons looked horrible but we have to field enough players for training camp. I see no risk keeping him around to see if he fits the new offense better.  

There must be a defined difference in the type of player in the the outside zone blocking scheme.. More athletic and smaller body types. I've been pushing for a new OC but what if Mustifer actually play better in this scheme. Olin has been training with him and said not to count him out. He played well the 5 games he started in 2020 when he was lighter. Olin said he knows what he needed to do to get better.

3 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

They all just recieved RFA tenders.

Yeah, I forgot they were ERFAs, those are vet minimum one-year deals, so there is zero risk bringing them back as their salary may not even make it into the top-51.

Since they didn't sign Mustipher to an actual extension means he is coming back as a backup.

9 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, I forgot they were ERFAs, those are vet minimum one-year deals, so there is zero risk bringing them back as their salary may not even make it into the top-51.

Since they didn't sign Mustipher to an actual extension means he is coming back as a backup.

They brings us to 5 OL somewhat under contract.  I truly expect them to sign Daniels, but you never know what the Bengals might do with all their loot.

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

History of free agent OL , that young that were productive are big paydays. Whitehair is a good example.Someone will offer him 10-12mil.a Year.

That'll be interesting to watch play out.  Some site projected him to get 7-8 due to comparable performance and contracts.  Somebody always over pays for players they feel will make a difference.  Other than us, the Bengals make the most sense, but their owner is a major tightwad.

I seen an article in THE Athletic where a guy predicted every teams free agent signings. They only listed 3 :  DJ Chark/WR....Duane Brown/LT.....Trai Turner/OG.

It would  be nice to get them. Chark will be 8-10  mil, Brown 10 mil and Turner 6/7 mil. I don't think jaguars will let him leave , they have 58 mil in cap space. Brown is 37 but played well last year, I can see that is possible and Turner makes sense because our Oline coach was in Pittsburgh last year. 

Personally my first 3 : Joseph Noteboom.... Brian Allen.... Byron Pringle. I think Kirk and Chark will be to expensive. Pringle has upside. 

20 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

History of free agent OL , that young that were productive are big paydays. Whitehair is a good example.Someone will offer him 10-12mil.a Year.

I remember you saying this.  An expert on Waddle and Silvey said Daniels has informed the team he will test the waters in free agency, then decide whether to re-sign.  He's looking to get 12 mil/year.

6 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Something else I heard today is that we will be in on the bidding for Armstead.  The Saints absolutely can't afford him.  He's got several good years left.

Armstead is not worth the money because he is oft-injured 

Weds is when Domino's start to fall , I think they have the money for one tier 1 player. Its either a WR or OL. I think up to 15 mil. So who is it. Chark or Kirk will be around 12 mil. The LTs will be to high. I think they try to get a core player that will be here 4 years. So the players in their 30s are out. There is only one available that is young, Joseph Noteboom at 27. Cam  Robinson is tagged. Their are only 2 OCs that are young ,  Brian Allen and Bradley Boseman . The other option is resign Daniels and play him  at OC. I think that will be our tier1 signing Allen, or Daniels. I hope they go after Noteboom. If they fix the Oline in free agency, they will draft a Oline prospect in the 5th to eventually take over for Whitehair. Also a OT project to build the line going forward.

I think they go after Brian Allen. They will op out of bringing Daniels back.

Tevin Jenkins info.  A former NFL personnel man, now in the media, said that the Bears were the only team in the NFL that graded Jenkins as a left tackle.  Also said that 75% of the teams had a flag on his back injury.  Ryan Pace should never be in charge of anything again, ever!

So with Daniels gone is this our new OF line.  Jenkins, Borom, Mustafer, Whitehair, Simmons?  Not what I expected 2nd day inn FA.  Thought, hoped and na I did not pray for something!  Maybe that's the hold-up.  Are Poles and Cunningham coming out of retirement?