Off season movement

Alaskan Grizzly

3 hours ago, adam said:

Darrynton Evans, nice pickup, low risk, high reward.

Boy, don't know about that.  He's ended on IR both of his first two years.  Have no idea why they picked him up based on what little I have heard about him.  And off of waivers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

Boy, don't know about that.  He's ended on IR both of his first two years.  Have no idea why they picked him up based on what little I have heard about him.  And off of waivers.

Low risk because he is at the bottom of the 51 (for cap) and high reward because if he can stay healthy, he has the potential to be really good, even if it is as an RB3:

He’s one of three college players since 2000 who has rushed for 1,400 yards, caught 5 touchdowns, and returned a touchdown in a season—the others being Chris Johnson and Christian McCaffrey.

He had a 9.12 RAS score from the combine:

https://ras.football/2020/02/09/darrynton-evans-ras/

Don't understand the salary cap crap.  But what I have read and my understanding is that the trades and cuts they have made now makes it possible to maybe sign a couple free agent OF lineman that are near the top.  Like Allen, the rams center, or one close to him and a starting left tackle who both can start day one and fill their position for a few years.  I don't think they just need to sign bodies this year.  Add a WR or two and back fill the rest then use the draft to get two or three starters on the 2nd day.  

Listened to a podcast with Alex Brown.   Explained possible reasons for letting Mack go.  And he made sense.  He is a great listen just like Kreutz

Cooper was going to a lot of draft capital. I still think we are going to add more draft picks than trade them away. 

I think Poles will target guys like Cedric Wilson and Auden Tate who were stuck behind 2-3 stud WRs (Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb in DAL and Chase, Boyd, and Higgins in CIN).

I don't see any trade scenarios unless if involves players (Jackson, Quinn, or Foles).

5 hours ago, adam said:

Cooper was going to a lot of draft capital. I still think we are going to add more draft picks than trade them away. 

I think Poles will target guys like Cedric Wilson and Auden Tate who were stuck behind 2-3 stud WRs (Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb in DAL and Chase, Boyd, and Higgins in CIN).

I don't see any trade scenarios unless if involves players (Jackson, Quinn, or Foles).

Could not agree more, even on the players.  I don't believe there is a true #1 wr that fits where the Bears are now.  Would be happy if they could get one or or both, Wilson and Tate, and then draft a possible #1

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Could not agree more, even on the players.  I don't believe there is a true #1 wr that fits where the Bears are now.  Would be happy if they could get one or or both, Wilson and Tate, and then draft a possible #1

Yeah, Mooney, Wilson, Tate, Newsome and one or two draft picks, go.

8 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It only cost a 3 for Cooper but the problem is the 20 mil cap hit for the next 3 years.

Yep, the issue for any vet now is going to be cap hit. Same with Landry. The only place I think they spend money is O Line and 3T.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Yep, the issue for any vet now is going to be cap hit. Same with Landry. The only place I think they spend money is O Line and 3T.

You got that one.  We still do not have a rostered LT, as I don't believe that is where Jenkins is suited or will be.  So, you need a starter and backup there.  I'm not sure if we have a suitable 3T on the roster either, so ditto...

13 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It only cost a 3 for Cooper but the problem is the 20 mil cap hit for the next 3 years.

Just a 5th more or less.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-agree-to-trade-for-cowboys-wr-amari-cooper

"The Cleveland Browns have agreed to acquire Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round draft pick and a swap of 2022 sixth-rounders,"

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

Just a 5th more or less.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-agree-to-trade-for-cowboys-wr-amari-cooper

"The Cleveland Browns have agreed to acquire Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round draft pick and a swap of 2022 sixth-rounders,"

I noticed that after I wrote it, I got the wrong round. Never edited it.

Poles is reportedly courting Juju Smith-Shuster.  He couldn't find a good deal last year and ended up returning to Pitt on a 1yr $8mil deal.  After an injury plagued season he'd likely bite on a similar AAV,  maybe a bit more, with bonus over 4yrs.   He can come in and be a 2 or 3 while a 4yr deal gives Poles time to find his guys and leaves room to re-sign Mooney when the time is right.  I still would like to add DJ  Chark for the deep threat but maybe we address that in the draft.  

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/13/bears-interested-in-juju-smith-schuster-nfl-free-agency/

As far as the Bears moves so far I'm on board with it because this is the first time we have had a new GM and HC in lock step since the late 70's (Jim Finks and Neil Armstrong) Ditka and Vanisi were okay for 1 year but, since that time its been " Your're Hired But Keep The Coach( Except Wannstedt) . Now we have both tied together from the start and this 56 year Bear fan is understanding this process.

16 minutes ago, adam said:

JuJu for anything more than $8M would be an overpay at this point. He played at $8M and wasn't worth that. The market will dictate it I guess. Anything over $10M is a hard pass for me.

Adam I never disagree with you but, today I do because we paid how many millions to Allen Robinson on a Franchise Tag? What did we get for that?So I ask You what is it worth to go after a real option like Christian Kirk?