Off season movement

Alaskan Grizzly

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

Adam I never disagree with you but, today I do because we paid how many millions to Allen Robinson on a Franchise Tag? What did we get for that?So I ask You what is it worth to go after a real option like Christian Kirk?

It's tough. O-Line has to be the priority, but for FA, I don't think we make a huge splash at WR this year. Slim pickings this year. 

After Adams, the next best WR available in terms of receptions is Kirk with 77. He put up 77-982 with 5 TDs. After him? Russell Gage with 66-770 and 4 TDs. That is very underwhelming for over $10M. I would say $10-12 AAV would be acceptable because of our need at WR.

I am good with JuJu or Kirk, but the Bears can't afford to overpay. We are not in a win-now mode.

I think Poles is going to go for culture guys this year. Set the tone for the organization. If JuJu blocks like he did on that one play where he leveled an LB, I am all in. 

Whoever we get needs an edge. We need to be hard to play against. Grab those guys. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adam said:

It's tough. O-Line has to be the priority, but for FA, I don't think we make a huge splash at WR this year. Slim pickings this year. 

After Adams, the next best WR available in terms of receptions is Kirk with 77. He put up 77-982 with 5 TDs. After him? Russell Gage with 66-770 and 4 TDs. That is very underwhelming for over $10M. I would say $10-12 AAV would be acceptable because of our need at WR.

I am good with JuJu or Kirk, but the Bears can't afford to overpay. We are not in a win-now mode.

I think Poles is going to go for culture guys this year. Set the tone for the organization. If JuJu blocks like he did on that one play where he leveled an LB, I am all in. 

Whoever we get needs an edge. We need to be hard to play against. Grab those guys. 

I feel like scarcity of good options at WR in FA has driven up the prices, so you either overpay or look to the draft.  To get a a decent FA WR in here we'll likely have to pay more than we should but that's the case for everyone as the market is dictating this.  We may have to accept slightly overpaying or take what we can get in the draft and sign whoever we can afford.  Sadly thanks to Pace who we bring in will probably be more cost related than talent related.  But there are always guys out there who have been overlooked or overshadowed or have question marks that can motivate them to take a prove it deal.  It is what it is, It will take Poles some time to fix the mess Pace's short sightedness put us in.  When you keep mortgaging the future to fix the present and continually fail to fix the present at some point you pay the price.  2022 is going to have to be a throw away season other than rebuilding the foundation for 2023 and beyond.  

If we end up with one of Kirk, Ju Ju, Gage, or a WR of that level I would be happy, but as you pointed out we need the right kind of player in here to help set the tone that Poles and Eberflus are trying to create here.  If we can bring in a good role player vet at WR and then draft one or two then see what we have at the end of this coming season and re-evaluate the position.  

Is La’el Collins on the radar?  With him potentially being released would he cost a lot?  I honestly don’t know why he’s not finding a trade partner, would think it has to do with money or a mix of some injuries and ‘missing a drug test’ last year.  In other tweet sources he graded out as top 15 as OT and had 2 sacks counted against him 

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Is La’el Collins on the radar?  With him potentially being released would he cost a lot?  I honestly don’t know why he’s not finding a trade partner, would think it has to do with money or a mix of some injuries and ‘missing a drug test’ last year.  In other tweet sources he graded out as top 15 as OT and had 2 sacks counted against him 

That's confusing because his contract is tolerable.  I'd throw a conditional pick in there just to not have to bid for his services.  

Never mind.  He's a RT and we have those in abundance, lol.

Edited by Mongo3451
Brain fart

There will be a lot of good players released going forward. If we did nothing until the draft we could still have a shot at some good players. We don't know how Poles eva  ulated  the Oline. He may be seeing what the market is for Daniels and thinks Mustifer has a chance to start. We may only need to add one starter and it may be in the draft. 

On 3/14/2022 at 7:18 AM, adam said:

Well since Jax threw a bag of money at him, I swung and missed on that one.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I can sit and complain , where's the OL and WRs? Or I could be complaining he gave Kirk 17 mil and signed Armsted at. 20 mil. Then next year Kirk is 2 nd on the team with 62 catches and 4 tds. Armsted only plays 10 games because he's injured.

While I will sit and complain.  Yo'ur right on both of them.  Didn't want either.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Didn’t see it anywhere and on the surface not huge news but apparently Williams went to Atlanta.  Which leaves Herbert as one of the primary backups.  To me thats a good thing. 

He just turned 30 on April 3rd.  I am all for finding a replacement in the 6th, 7th, or UDFA.  Maybe someone who is Badee Azz.