Roquan Smith requests trade

GakMan23

50 minutes ago, adam said:

Now this:

Talk about some bad judgment. Next Roquan is going to operate on himself to remove his appendix, will do his own taxes, and represent himself in court. Dude, just get an agent.

He is about to lose more money than he would've if he just paid an agent 5%. 

Waddle said by tomorrow Roquan would be over a million in fines if Poles didn't do him a solid and put him on the PUP at the beginning of camp.  There's 10% and he's not into real games.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bears are in the drivers seat.

1) they can start fining him.

2) If he doesn't play it becomes ground hog day. 

3) After the year he plays they can tag him. Top 5-17 mil a yr.

I heard they offered him 95 mil, but the the structure backs loads a lot , he may never see it. 

Smith says he's disrespected because they won't pay him the highest contract. If he wants to play, he has to budge.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

If he doesnt play this year, then he is back on the last year of his deal again next year - they dont need to tag him.

Depends how long he sits out, but you are correct. He doesn't get service credit. He has lost all leverage he had because they know they are not going to the Super Bowl this year, so there is no concern about a drop off in production from the Will on defense. 

If he loses more than $5M (half his year's salary), that would've been the same as paying an agent on a $100M deal.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

If he doesnt play this year, then he is back on the last year of his deal again next year - they dont need to tag him.

That was the reference to Ground Hog Day, the tag was when he does decide to play we can use the tag so we actually still have two yrs of service from him whether he feels respected or not.

I'm going to say what I continue to say at my work place. 

Roquan Smith is not better than:

Doug Buffone not HOF

Otis Wilson not HOF

Wilbur Marshall Not HOF

Lance Briggs not HOF

He is a talented but weird, thinking player who isn't durable or mentally stable enough for the Bears to guarantee significant money to.

1 hour ago, lemonej said:

I'm going to say what I continue to say at my work place. 

Roquan Smith is not better than:

Doug Buffone not HOF

Otis Wilson not HOF

Wilbur Marshall Not HOF

Lance Briggs not HOF

He is a talented but weird, thinking player who isn't durable or mentally stable enough for the Bears to guarantee significant money to.

Here are Smith's numbers projected to Urlacher's # of games:

Urlacher: 1046 tackles, 138 TFL, 41.5 Sacks, FF 11, INT 22
Smith:  1038 tackles, 129 TFL, 42 Sacks, FF 3, INT 15

Smith's biggest flaw is he doesn't cause turnovers. He only has 1 FF in his career. For a guy with that tackles, he should have 3-4 by now with a few more INTs as well. However, for tackles, TFLs and Sacks, he is right there with Urlacher (who is the Bears leading tackler in franchise history).

“The NFLPA has informed us that a person by the name of Saint Omni, who is not an NFLPA certified agent, is contacting Clubs and indicating he is representing Roquan Smith, who is under contract to the Chicago Bears. Mr. Omni is prohibited from negotiating Player Contracts or discussing potential trades on behalf of any NFL player or prospective player or assisting in or advising with respect to such negotiations.”

Saint Omni? This sounds like a prank.

The joke is on Roquan for trusting somebody who is not qualified to work as an agent.  Roquan has some issues with poor judgment going back to his time where he lost his iPad with the playbook.  One event on its own isn't a big deal but he has a trend over the last few years.  

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/everything-you-need-to-know-about-saint-omni-and-the-roquan-smith-situation/

"It’s pretty difficult to find much about Saint Omni. But we did some digging and learned that Saint Omni is the director of football at LifeLine Financial Group, according to this article posted by Complex back in Nov. 2021.

Saint Omni’s Facebook page, which hasn’t been updated in over two years, lists him as a “business consultant and manager for high profile NFL Athletes and celebrities.”

The Facebook page has since been deleted."

5 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

The joke is on Roquan for trusting somebody who is not qualified to work as an agent.  Roquan has some issues with poor judgment going back to his time where he lost his iPad with the playbook.  One event on its own isn't a big deal but he has a trend over the last few years.  

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/everything-you-need-to-know-about-saint-omni-and-the-roquan-smith-situation/

"It’s pretty difficult to find much about Saint Omni. But we did some digging and learned that Saint Omni is the director of football at LifeLine Financial Group, according to this article posted by Complex back in Nov. 2021.

Saint Omni’s Facebook page, which hasn’t been updated in over two years, lists him as a “business consultant and manager for high profile NFL Athletes and celebrities.”

The Facebook page has since been deleted."

This has to be a prank page that someone made and then used the name to make calls to teams. There is no way this is real.

At this point, if I am the Bears, I am pulling the deal or significantly reducing it.

50 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Something of note.  ‘Twitter speculation’ (such that it is) is that he may not return from Seattle.  And that ‘they have lots of picks’ to trade.

I hope he goes soon.  He is a distraction and a nut job.  Get what you can and be happy you don’t have to put up with his behaviour again when he wants something.  He will be a washout that will never fulfill his potential due to his vast ego

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Something of note.  ‘Twitter speculation’ (such that it is) is that he may not return from Seattle.  And that ‘they have lots of picks’ to trade.

Seattle did just lose Bobby Wagner. They still have Jordyn Brooks, but adding Roquan would be a huge upgrade over Cody Barton.

Seattle is also one of the teams with the most cap space this year ($15M) AND next year ($40M) but outside of Metcalf and Lockett, they really don't have many appealing players. Their #3 WR is Freddy Swain and Marquise Goodwin is there. Artie Burns is one of their starting CBs. 

So do the Bears just take draft picks? Smith for Barton + picks? I don't want to lose Smith just for one or two good years of Lockett as he is already 30 and signed to an expensive deal thru 2025, but he would be better than nothing. Smith for Lockett + 3rd Round pick?

54 minutes ago, adam said:

Seattle did just lose Bobby Wagner. They still have Jordyn Brooks, but adding Roquan would be a huge upgrade over Cody Barton.

Seattle is also one of the teams with the most cap space this year ($15M) AND next year ($40M) but outside of Metcalf and Lockett, they really don't have many appealing players. Their #3 WR is Freddy Swain and Marquise Goodwin is there. Artie Burns is one of their starting CBs. 

So do the Bears just take draft picks? Smith for Barton + picks? I don't want to lose Smith just for one or two good years of Lockett as he is already 30 and signed to an expensive deal thru 2025, but he would be better than nothing. Smith for Lockett + 3rd Round pick?

I think we'd want a first rounder and something. I wouldnt let a player be the big value in the trade over a draft pick. Then again, who do they have at WR?

On 8/12/2022 at 11:11 PM, BearFan PHX said:

I meant  that what ever yr he plays, we can tag him. If he sits out this yr, then we get the next two yrs with the tag.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think we'd want a first rounder and something. I wouldnt let a player be the big value in the trade over a draft pick. Then again, who do they have at WR?

Bad teams wont be trading for him, only contenders. Seattle was paying Wagner 17 mil and didnt resign him, do you honestly think they are going to trade for Smith and then pay him 20 mil a yr. No Way

Last night they alluded to the fact that Poles said the Bears were "closer" to signing Smith. I am hoping he does before the next preseason game so he can play a drive and get ready for the opener. If Adams is injured the Bears are super thin at LB. 

6 hours ago, adam said:

Last night they alluded to the fact that Poles said the Bears were "closer" to signing Smith. I am hoping he does before the next preseason game so he can play a drive and get ready for the opener. If Adams is injured the Bears are super thin at LB. 

Please for once do the right thing and dump the players who need to be dumped.  Let someone else deal with this guy and take what we can get.  And on his way out, he can take that press statement and shove it straight up his ass.

He's their best defensive player we have. A lot of good players have egos, he at least  shows up. Will is the most important spot on this scheme. He needs to get his head out of ass and sign. Trading him would not get his value back in return. I suspect he signs before the next game.

9 hours ago, adam said:

Brad Biggs apparently made a comment (haven’t been able to locate it) that he felt a deal could be done before week one and Roquan would be practicing before end of next week.