Fields compared to other QBs

adam

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

To be fair, Rogers has 24 Passing TDs to Field's 16. The reason they can say that is because of the TDs Fields rushed for too.

I think the guy that tweeted this said something to effect of ‘I’m just putting some stats down’.  

One thing I’d consider is that Justin is at the beginning of his career whereas Rodgers, not so much.  And like you said, give him some key tools to work with and the future is even more bright. 

42 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I think the guy that tweeted this said something to effect of ‘I’m just putting some stats down’.  

One thing I’d consider is that Justin is at the beginning of his career whereas Rodgers, not so much.  And like you said, give him some key tools to work with and the future is even more bright. 

I agree with all that about Fields. The stat itself was a little bit misleading. :) But hey, a TD is a TD, and they give you 6 points either way.

A very disappointing passing day for Fields, 7-21 for 75 yards was his 2nd start with less than 100 yds passing this season. This game felt like a few steps backwards. 

For running, he had another insane day with 132 yds and now has 1,143 yds on the season. He needs 64 yards to break Lamar's record next week. I feel like he is going to get it, mainly due to the ravaged OLine. 

On 1/1/2023 at 5:31 AM, BearFan PHX said:

To be fair, Rogers has 24 Passing TDs to Field's 16. The reason they can say that is because of the TDs Fields rushed for too.

But you know what? Give the man an OL and someone to catch the ball, and lets see if he isnt every bit as good throwing AND can run like that.

Ditto

5 hours ago, adam said:

A very disappointing passing day for Fields, 7-21 for 75 yards was his 2nd start with less than 100 yds passing this season. This game felt like a few steps backwards. 

For running, he had another insane day with 132 yds and now has 1,143 yds on the season. He needs 64 yards to break Lamar's record next week. I feel like he is going to get it, mainly due to the ravaged OLine. 

Nothing looked right today on offense or defense.  He's going to keep seeing a lot more Wide-9 fronts to keep him from getting outside.  Getsy will have to adapt to that for next year.     

4 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Nothing looked right today on offense or defense.  He's going to keep seeing a lot more Wide-9 fronts to keep him from getting outside.  Getsy will have to adapt to that for next year.     

Yeah for sure. I still understand why Fields doesn't have an easy checkdown on every play like other teams do. There should always be an outlet for 2-3 yards if needed. 

Fields has had 2 games in his career where he had 20+ attempts and less than 10 completions, this game and the CLE game from last year, that is how bad this game was. That was also the two games where he had as many sacks as completions. 

I am really trying to figure out what they actually practice during the week. Like what is the game plan?

On 12/31/2022 at 8:03 PM, adam said:

Ouch, sucks for Lance. He had a 2nd surgery to remove hardware put in for the first surgery. Never a good sign. Pick was a reach before but worse now. He has 102 passing attempts over the last 3 years. 

They seem to be still in the hunt with UDFA Purdy playing QB and its only Karma that they get fleeced on a trade up for a QB in the draft after they got Pace the same way.