Quinn Trade Rumors

AZ54

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I've always thought KC would be a good fit.  There are also up and comers like Philly and the Giants that have extra picks.

That's an interesting thought there especially with Philly.  Giants too would look tough if they added Quinn to their DE rotation.   I don't think their WR group is ready for a deep run in the playoffs.   Philly invested a lot to get there this season.  Quinn isn't going to interfere with a teams long term plans much and as they showed in LA, if your team is close why not get closer especially if the Bears will eat some of the salary hit in exchange for a pick.  

26 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

How much will someone will value a player making 17 mil with one sack and 5 tackles? 

my guess is someone will realize that he is the only threat on our DL, and hes getting all the double teams etc - and if they have other threats, then Quinn will be better.

Also, they wont have pay the 17 million, because a good chunk of that is guaranteed money that we will have to eat.

The big question is whether more than one teams wants him bad enough to start an auction.

8 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

my guess is someone will realize that he is the only threat on our DL, and hes getting all the double teams etc - and if they have other threats, then Quinn will be better.

Also, they wont have pay the 17 million, because a good chunk of that is guaranteed money that we will have to eat.

The big question is whether more than one teams wants him bad enough to start an auction.

Yeah, if he was traded before the next game, it would be around $8.2M for the remainder of the season and dropping 750K per game. There is $4.2M in dead money that the Bears would eat. I believe they can elect to take on more of his remaining salary, but there are only a few teams with CLE, PHI, CAR, LVR, ATL, DEN, DAL, PIT, and IND with over $7M. 

20 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The only situation where a team trades for him is if one of their pass rushers got hurt and it only cost a 6th or 7. Not sure who falls into that category. If they trade for him and cut him next yr they would be some dead money on their books. Not sure on that works.

It looks like there would be $8.4M in dead money with 2 years left on his deal. Not a lot, but with cap hits of $18M and $17M, it would be a hard sell for a buyer.

The Bears could gain $14M on next year's cap (even with the dead money) by moving Quinn this year. However, they can have the same exact cap relief by designating him as a post-June 1 cut this upcoming offseason. So ultimately they have 2 outs, trade at deadline, or post June 1 cut. Obviously the first one would be better because the Bears would get something in return for him, but financially they are the same ($4.2M in dead money in 2023). If they try to trade him in the offseason, they would incur $8.4M on the cap, which may make it easier to trade him, but cost more against the cap.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

The only situation where a team trades for him is if one of their pass rushers got hurt and it only cost a 6th or 7. Not sure who falls into that category. If they trade for him and cut him next yr they would be some dead money on their books. Not sure on that works.

See Von Miller from last year.  This year's stats aside, the entire NFL knows he's not washed up and would thrive elsewhere.  I would expect a 5th at minimum, better if we help them financially.

4 hours ago, adam said:

It looks like there would be $8.4M in dead money with 2 years left on his deal. Not a lot, but with cap hits of $18M and $17M, it would be a hard sell for a buyer.

Its not that high, wed have to eat the guaranteed portion, so his cap figure for the team trading for him would only be 14 Million and 13 Million for the next two years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/robert-quinn-7729/

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Its not that high, wed have to eat the guaranteed portion, so his cap figure for the team trading for him would only be 14 Million and 13 Million for the next two years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/robert-quinn-7729/

I was using Overthecap: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/chicago-bears

Doing a post June 1 trade this year leaves us with $4.2M in dead money and any new team would incur the remaining $8.4M. It may be different but that is what OTC is saying.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I was using Overthecap: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/chicago-bears

Doing a post June 1 trade this year leaves us with $4.2M in dead money and any new team would incur the remaining $8.4M. It may be different but that is what OTC is saying.

yes you're right about that! I meant 2023 and 2024. I think the June first thing means that 4.2 mil goes this year and then another 4.2 mil (or whatever) goes against our cap next year.

Maybe I have this wrong, but my current understanding is that all the guaranteed money goes against our cap and the new team only pays salary and signing bonuses going forward, and that's 14 Mil and 13 Mil for 2023 and 2024?

I totally encourage you to prove me wrong, because if so I will learn something, and I am very open to that!

Any value, reason or way to try and trade Quinn to the Jets for recently disgruntled-asking-to-be-traded WR Elijah Moore?  I’m not in total agreement with Infante here about who the Bears have on the block and think if anything a better Oline piece should be gotten but might be intrigued with a player like Moore.  

Wow... not sure what this does for both RB value but in our case just trade values in general.  The Rams began all this and were in on the deal so nowadays teams that are close to being a contender feel pressure to do something to close the deal.  

If, as reported, the Rams were heavily in on the CMC negotiations they are definitely looking to add pieces to get back to the Superbowl.  A 3rd Rd pick for Quinn might be feasible.  Keep in mind from Poles' point of view that's a very late 3rd Rd pick.   

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-trading-rb-christian-mccaffrey-to-49ers-in-exchange-for-host-of-draft-p

19 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

See Von Miller from last year.  This year's stats aside, the entire NFL knows he's not washed up and would thrive elsewhere.  I would expect a 5th at minimum, better if we help them financially.

Its very similar to the Von Miller trade the only difference is at the time of the trade Miller had 19 tackles and 4.5 sacks where this year Quinn has 7 tackles and 1 sack. So it would be risky for someone to trade for Quinn but with a late round pick , someone may take that chance. I dont see anyone giving a high pick for him, maybe a 5 th rounder.

5 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Its very similar to the Von Miller trade the only difference is at the time of the trade Miller had 19 tackles and 4.5 sacks where this year Quinn has 7 tackles and 1 sack. So it would be risky for someone to trade for Quinn but with a late round pick , someone may take that chance. I dont see anyone giving a high pick for him, maybe a 5 th rounder.

After what McCaffrey went for, who knows what the market will bring.  I think Lynch lost his damn mind. 

There are a lot of factors to consider on Quinn's performance. (just as McCaffrey is having a down year)  He's definitely not over the hill.  I don't think GM's are afraid to get him if they feel he takes them over the top.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

After what McCaffrey went for, who knows what the market will bring.  I think Lynch lost his damn mind. 

There are a lot of factors to consider on Quinn's performance. (just as McCaffrey is having a down year)  He's definitely not over the hill.  I don't think GM's are afraid to get him if they feel he takes them over the to

The Rams seen like the one that goes all in to get back to SB. SF doesn't have any draft  picks left after the McCaffrey trade. None of he contenders right now have a lot of cap space. Philly, Dallas, Chargers all have pass rushers in place. TB or GB , don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

There are a lot of factors to consider on Quinn's performance. (just as McCaffrey is having a down year)  He's definitely not over the hill.  I don't think GM's are afraid to get him if they feel he takes them over the top.

SF has cute since 2016 with the whole trade back with the Bears. Look at CMC and who he is ultimately replacing in Wilson. They are literally the same RB in terms of rushing. CMC does have the edge as a receiver, but that would take more away from Deebo than anyone else.

lol.PNG

Also, CMC hasn't made it thru a season in 3 years. To me, this makes Montgomery super valuable to a team who needs a lead back. 

12 hours ago, AZ54 said:

If as reported, the Rams were heavily in on the CMC negotiations they are definitely looking to add pieces to get back to the Superbowl.  A 3rd Rd pick for Quinn might be feasible.  Keep in mind from Poles' point of view that's a very late 3rd Rd pick.   

There’s been a fair amount of chatter on Twitter about interest in Quinn to the Rams.  Mostly just people like us so a lot of speculation.  But they think since Miller left, a player like Quinn would fit great.  Floyd would be opposite him who hasn’t been horrible off the edge. It was noted that if Quinn doesn’t have constant double teams, like he’s seeing in Chicago, he’s probably get more pressures.  Besides that he still hasn’t updated his own Twitter page…lol.  

D3D7F8DE-7CB8-42A9-AEF4-91A823D0929D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pixote said:

I read somewhere that the Packers were interested in Moore. SUCKS. Hope they do not sign him.

That would suck, but I don't think they have the cap to make it work.

Interestingly enough, the Bears are one of only a few teams that could take on his salary. He has a $25M cap hit next year, then $21M the next 2. Without any changes, only 9 teams have $25M in cap space right now in 2023, and only 4 have over $50M (CHI - $106M, ATL - $56M, NE - $54M, and NYG - $54M). CAR won't trade in the DIV, so ATL is out. I doubt NE would trade for someone like that, they normally go for value or older vets. NYG might be an option, but are they willing to spend without having a real QB? It feels like CHI is the perfect spot. CAR could get a high 2nd rounder and maybe another pick, and unload some salary. The dead caps for CMC and Anderson are $28M for next season putting them $3M over the cap. Moving Moore to the Bears would save them at least $10M (maybe more). 

Moore is 25, and was a former 1st round pick. This is the exact type of player and WR the Bears need. 

37 minutes ago, adam said:

That would suck, but I don't think they have the cap to make it work.

Interestingly enough, the Bears are one of only a few teams that could take on his salary. He has a $25M cap hit next year, then $21M the next 2. Without any changes, only 9 teams have $25M in cap space right now in 2023, and only 4 have over $50M (CHI - $106M, ATL - $56M, NE - $54M, and NYG - $54M). CAR won't trade in the DIV, so ATL is out. I doubt NE would trade for someone like that, they normally go for value or older vets. NYG might be an option, but are they willing to spend without having a real QB? It feels like CHI is the perfect spot. CAR could get a high 2nd rounder and maybe another pick, and unload some salary. The dead caps for CMC and Anderson are $28M for next season putting them $3M over the cap. Moving Moore to the Bears would save them at least $10M (maybe more). 

Moore is 25, and was a former 1st round pick. This is the exact type of player and WR the Bears need. 

Yes this would help opposite Mooney.  Add in the bigger WRs in StBrown and Harry, and Pettis as the 5th wheel and we'd be much better off.