Weekly Tankathon Meter

adam

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

Carolina is definitely the worst team top to bottom. We’re not far behind

Problem is there a bunch of really bad teams this season. What a terrible product the grat NFL is putting out this year.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

As a losing team , the high draft picks are the light at the tunnel but I would rather have some more wins on the schedule than perpetual losing.

There are 3 more division games, win those, go 3-3 in the division for the season. Start somewhere. Beat ARZ and ATL to finish 8-9. That would be an 8-5 finish to the season. 

GB winning helping the Bears is great to see. They now have 5 wins and they are now back in the NFL dead zone drafting between 12-16, not good enough to make the playoffs, and not bad enough for a great pick.

The Jets play today, but I don't think they have a chance against Miami, so they are hovering within the tank zone and will be drafting at #8 heading into the weekend. 

The NE v NYG game is huge this weekend, so if NE wins, the Bears will be #3. If NYG wins and TEN beats CAR, the Bears will be #4 with no other team with less than 4 wins besides the 3 teams ahead of them (CAR, ARZ, NE). ARZ is also playing the Rams, which is a very winnable game. So if NE and ARZ both win, and the Bears lose on MNF, the Bears would be back to drafting #1 and #2 (which would be crazy). 

I have a feeling the Bears will win on MNF though, which would bring them to 4 wins, but if NYG and TEN both win, the Bears would stay at #4 even with a win.

4 hours ago, adam said:

GB winning helping the Bears is great to see. They now have 5 wins and they are now back in the NFL dead zone drafting between 12-16, not good enough to make the playoffs, and not bad enough for a great pick.

The Jets play today, but I don't think they have a chance against Miami, so they are hovering within the tank zone and will be drafting at #8 heading into the weekend. 

The NE v NYG game is huge this weekend, so if NE wins, the Bears will be #3. If NYG wins and TEN beats CAR, the Bears will be #4 with no other team with less than 4 wins besides the 3 teams ahead of them (CAR, ARZ, NE). ARZ is also playing the Rams, which is a very winnable game. So if NE and ARZ both win, and the Bears lose on MNF, the Bears would be back to drafting #1 and #2 (which would be crazy). 

I have a feeling the Bears will win on MNF though, which would bring them to 4 wins, but if NYG and TEN both win, the Bears would stay at #4 even with a win.

Yep. GB winning a couple meaningless games at the end of the year to ruin their draft position bodes well for the Bears. Jordan Love is meh, which is kind of where you'd want him to be if you're a Bears fan, because it'll keep the Packers from bottoming out and drafting a better quarterback. I also don't think he's good enough to win playoff games every year, like his predecessors. 

As long as the CAR pick stays within the top 2, I'm not overly concerned with the Bears W/L record. I just don't want to fall out of the MHJ range. I'm not as enamored with Williams as some, but I'd be shocked if there was a team who didn't take him with the first pick, including the Bears. 

33 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Yep. GB winning a couple meaningless games at the end of the year to ruin their draft position bodes well for the Bears. Jordan Love is meh, which is kind of where you'd want him to be if you're a Bears fan, because it'll keep the Packers from bottoming out and drafting a better quarterback. I also don't think he's good enough to win playoff games every year, like his predecessors. 

As long as the CAR pick stays within the top 2, I'm not overly concerned with the Bears W/L record. I just don't want to fall out of the MHJ range. I'm not as enamored with Williams as some, but I'd be shocked if there was a team who didn't take him with the first pick, including the Bears. 

amen to all of that, but I could see the Bears taking MHJr with the top pick if we keep it.

With the Giants and Titans winning, the Bears could win and stay at the #4 pick. With a loss, they could slide back to #3 if ARZ wins. If ARZ and CHI both lose, the Bears stay at #4. 

It looks like Week 16 and 18 will be huge for the tankathon with 4 out of 9 teams playing against each other in those weeks. Based on current projections, the Bears would get the #1 and #5 picks. If they beat MIN, they would drop to #8.

So it seems like 3-14 will get the Bears #2, (0-6) 

4-13 will get them #4, (1-5) 

5-12 will get them #5, (2-4)* - most likely 

6-11 will get them #8, (3-3)

7-10 would have them outside of the top 10. (4-2)

ddww.png

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

can you imagine having #1 and #2? Wow. With all that salary cap room, and an already improving roster?

I would imagine any coach or GM would love to step in right now. I wonder what Kevin Warren has up his sleeve.

No I can't, that would be insane. HOU had #2+#3 this year. #1+#2 would be game changing. Poles controlled the draft this year with #1. Having #1 AND #2? They could use both, use one and trade one, or trade both.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

In that scenario - I hope Warren has Harbaugh up his sleeve. 

dude. I dunno how it would end, but Id be excited as hell next year if we got Harbaugh, #1 and #2 - my optimism would be off the charts.

Bears drafting 1 and 4, projected to draft 1 and 8.

7 teams have 4 wins, it looks like the Bears are now projected to win 6 games, which would drop them down to #8 as 7 teams are projected to have 5 wins or less. 

1. CAR plays 5 games against teams with a losing record. They are probably going to win one of those two against TB. 
  2. ARI only plays the Bears and then 4 teams with winning records. So if they don't beat the Bears, they finish with 2 wins.
  3. NE plays two 4-win teams and 4 teams with winning records. So they will probably only win one. They scored 7 pts and lost to NYG.
  4. CHI plays ARI, two teams with losing records, and CLE who is on QB3. Odds are they win at least two.
  5. WAS plays NYJ and 4 teams with winning records. So they will probably only win one.
  6. NYG plays 3 teams with losing records and PHI twice. They will probably win one of those three. They barely beat NE 10-7.
  7. TB plays CAR twice and 3 other games against losing teams. They have the easiest schedule of the group and should win 3 of 6.
  8. NYJ plays NE and two other teams with losing records. They should win at least one of those.
  9. LAC plays NE and LVR, and 4 teams with winning records. I have them winning two.
  10. TEN has the toughest schedule of the group with 6 games against teams with winning records. I have them winning one of those games because they barely beat CAR 17-10.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 073650.png