Weekly Tankathon Meter

adam

and the 2024 FA class is stacked. Tee Higgins, Chris Jones, Danielle Hunter, Brian Burns, Montez Sweat, Rashan Gary, Calvin Ridley, Michael Pittman, Jaylon Johnson. 

WRs and Pass Rushers galore!

Caleb Williams throwing to DJ Moore, Marvin Harrison Jr, and Tee Higgins? How would that look?

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-50-nfl-free-agents-in-2024-tee-higgins-headlines-deep-receiver-crop-pass-rus

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

The Bears are this generation of Browns.  Will have a team full of 1st round talent searching indefinitely for its “franchise QB”.  

Not if they get Caleb Williams. That changes a lot.

40 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

The problem is the talking heads are claiming that he is cautious about coming to Chicago

with this coaching staff, sure. but if we get coaches that are legit, no one wants to overlook the third largest media market. If you make the Bears a winner, you become a legend in Chicago.

42 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

with this coaching staff, sure. but if we get coaches that are legit, no one wants to overlook the third largest media market. If you make the Bears a winner, you become a legend in Chicago.

This city has been lame way too long. The owners all suck, maybe the Blackhawks redeem us in a couple years. Cubs are there too, but being a Sox fan I have reserved feelings for them.  I want the Bears to be legit but they just cannot 😪

Bears are going to have to earn the #1 spot this year even more than last year because of their cake schedule. 

I read an article about how teams that have started off 0-4 have had the #1 pick in 15 of the past 21 drafts. The Panthers are the only other 0-4 team right now, and the Bears just so happen to have their pick!

Carolina's next 3 weeks are @DET, @MIA, then their bye (which is super early). So they will go into their bye 0-6. 

After their bye, things lighten up with HOU, IND, and @CHI. I figure they will win at least one of those but could come into the game with the Bears 0-8 or 1-7. 

The Bears get WSH (2-2), MIN (1-3), then LVR (1-3) before @LAC (2-2) and NO (2-2) before the CAR game. Just based on probability, the Bears will win at least one of those before the CAR game and probably 2 to go into that game at 2-7. 

For draft positioning, you want the 1st pick at all costs, so the team with the better record needs to win the CAR/CHI game to push the lower team down even further. 

Here is my tankathon schedule grid. The next two weeks will have 4 of the bottom 10 teams get wins. NYJ@DEN and CIN@ARI this week and MIN@CHI and NE@LV in Week 6. 

One great projection for the Bears is Carolina only plays 1 game against one of the bottom 10 teams all year, the Bears. LV plays 6 of 10 and CHI and MIN play 5 each.

tankrank.png

1 hour ago, killakrzydav said:

I'd draft Caleb but trade the lower of the two for a team in the top ten for hopefully 3 first round picks or 2 and 2 seconds then draft Harrison, Top LT, or DE. 

You can trade that second pick down, and perhaps get a good haul for it too, but you won't be able to draft Harrison Jr if you trade back lower than #3.

Now only 7 teams with 1 win or less. The only game with 2 of these teams against each other in the next 4 weeks is this week, MIN at CHI. Week 12 and 16 will be big weeks as 2 teams each of those weeks will come away with another win. The Bears play in both of those weeks. 

The Bears have 4 games out of their next 12 against the bottom 7 teams. MIN has 3, 2 against the Bears. The Bears also have 3 of these games at home. 

Carolina has a brutal schedule, the only relief is CHI in Week 10 but on the road. They have a great chance to go 0-17.  They may be able to squeak one out against HOU or IND at home after the bye, but that's it. Maybe ATL in Week 15? 0-17 or 1-16 max. #1 pick most likely. 

Denver looks terrible, all signs point to a huge fire sale before the deadline. They may not win another game. Maybe NE in Week 16 to go 2-15. Most likely pick #1 or #2. 

The Bears are gonna win some games. Will probably end up with 6-7 wins just based on SoS alone. If Fields continues to play well and the secondary gets healthy, they may squeeze out 1 or 2 more wins and end up drafting in the teens. 6-11 to 8-9 likely. 

Minnesota will probably win 3-4 more, but if they lose to the Bears on Sunday, they will more than likely be 1-6 heading into GB in Week 8. Likely 4-13. Pick 3-5. 

NE looks as bad as Denver, the worst two losses in Belichick era the last two weeks. At most I see them winning 4 games (4-13).  Pick 3-5. 

The Giants are in the DEN / NE category without Barkley. However, if they get him back, they can probably eek out 2-3 more wins, but 3-5 wins seems like their window. Likely 5-12. Pick 4-7. 

Arizona may not win another game, or if they do, it will be in the next few weeks as their last month is SF, at CHI, at PHI, and SEA. They look like a 2-3 win team max and will probably be in the top 3 in the draft. Pick #1-#3. 

Just the way the teams are playing right now, I believe the draft order would be CAR, DEN, ARI (due to Sos), NE, MIN, NYG with the Bears out of the top 10. I think the Bears will surpass the Raiders, Texans, Commanders, Jets, and be mixed in with the Packers, Titans and Browns. 

Picture2.png

This is a bad team, they don't even need to try to lose, they will do it regardless. They are now back in 2nd at 1-5 now passing the Broncos due to SoS. Panthers are 0-6 at #1. 

They have LVR, LAC, NO before CAR. More than likely will be 1-8 when they play an 0-8 CAR team. 

This is also why you don't fire anyone in season, just let this dumpster fire keep going. 

32 minutes ago, adam said:

This is a bad team, they don't even need to try to lose, they will do it regardless. They are now back in 2nd at 1-5 now passing the Broncos due to SoS. Panthers are 0-6 at #1. 

They have LVR, LAC, NO before CAR. More than likely will be 1-8 when they play an 0-8 CAR team. 

This is also why you don't fire anyone in season, just let this dumpster fire keep going. 

Take a QB and trade pick 2 for more picks and hope you still land MHJ and a top Center rd2.