Breaking News: Alan WIlliams' house and HALAS HALL raided

BearFan PHX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I agree its going to be ugly, but something feels like its going to be something unexpected. Like theres some twist none of us have even thought of.

I still think my original theory has some legs:

1. The Bears were planning to fire Williams, told him, he said F'it I am going home, he goes and lawyers up, they direct him to resign, he resigns, lawyer makes public statement refuting other claims. That is why everyone on the Bears are so tight-lipped about it, because there could be legal charges against them.

Other theories I have seen:

2. Prescription narcotics/Drug problem

3. Gambling/betting on Bears games

4. Williams was about to come out as a Tranny or any LBGTQ+ and has AIDS

5. Domestic Problem/Affair/Sugar Momma

6. A very personal health issue, erectile dysfunction

7. Mental Health issue, suicidal

The team has said nothing on support of him.  Nothing.  2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 could have garnered him a leave of absence.  3 would not be handled so discretely.(he did have a connection to the Colts players, as he was their DB coach) Think of a scenario that would make you a pariah to your long time friends and co-workers, where they don't even wish that you get the help you need or are praying for you or that you will be missed. Why would they need his computers?  Halas Hall has been supportive of many egregious mistakes from players and coaches in the past, yet they are distancing themselves with this one.  It's stinks and it's gonna come out ugly.

1 hour ago, adam said:

I still think my original theory has some legs:

1. The Bears were planning to fire Williams, told him, he said F'it I am going home, he goes and lawyers up, they direct him to resign, he resigns, lawyer makes public statement refuting other claims. That is why everyone on the Bears are so tight-lipped about it, because there could be legal charges against them.

Other theories I have seen:

2. Prescription narcotics/Drug problem

3. Gambling/betting on Bears games

4. Williams was about to come out as a Tranny or any LBGTQ+ and has AIDS

5. Domestic Problem/Affair/Sugar Momma

6. A very personal health issue, erectile dysfunction

7. Mental Health issue, suicidal

The team never fired nor suspended Williams so I think that clearly means there was no criminal activity involved, nor gambling on games. 

From the top: 

1) Bears planned to fire him.   I don't know of any scenario in any business where you would tell an employee in advance you plan on firing them.   I can say you're performance is trending toward termination but I'm also required to state here is what you must do to retain your job.  I cannot say "I'm going to fire you no matter what you do".  This does not mean these coaches can't be fired on-the-spot.  Nor does that seem like Poles MO as he has had many difficult discussions with people face to face.  

2) Drugs.    Can't rule it out completely but again, the team has never offered anything that sounded like help or assistance (i.e. our thoughts are with him at this time)

3. Gambling on games is immediate suspension by the league pending investigation.  Didn't happen.

4.  Alphabet community paranoia that everyone is after them. 

5.  Domestic problem.  From a resignation standpoint this could fit but again the team was ont very conciliatory about him working through some problems.  Seems unlikely.

6.  ED.   Not sure what job standards Flus might have for his DC but this doesn't seem like one of them.  Likewise with personal health no conciliatory messages whatsoever from the team. 

7. No conciliatory messages from team, no offers at all for support.  See Roquan's issues in the past. 

I'm still thinking he was demoted from play calling because he was bad at it.   He didn't like it and walked away to think about it and then decided to quit.  This being a performance management issue Flus wanted to keep it in-house.   Maybe there is a juicy tidbit behind the scenes.  I don't think any players have spoken about this either.    

1 hour ago, Mongo3451 said:

The team has said nothing on support of him.  Nothing.  2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 could have garnered him a leave of absence.  3 would not be handled so discretely.(he did have a connection to the Colts players, as he was their DB coach) Think of a scenario that would make you a pariah to your long time friends and co-workers, where they don't even wish that you get the help you need or are praying for you or that you will be missed. Why would they need his computers?  Halas Hall has been supportive of many egregious mistakes from players and coaches in the past, yet they are distancing themselves with this one.  It's stinks and it's gonna come out ugly.

The Indy player connection is an interesting data point. 

1 hour ago, AZ54 said:

The team never fired nor suspended Williams so I think that clearly means there was no criminal activity involved, nor gambling on games. 

From the top: 

1) Bears planned to fire him.   I don't know of any scenario in any business where you would tell an employee in advance you plan on firing them.   I can say you're performance is trending toward termination but I'm also required to state here is what you must do to retain your job.  I cannot say "I'm going to fire you no matter what you do".  This does not mean these coaches can't be fired on-the-spot.  Nor does that seem like Poles MO as he has had many difficult discussions with people face to face.  

2) Drugs.    Can't rule it out completely but again, the team has never offered anything that sounded like help or assistance (i.e. our thoughts are with him at this time)

3. Gambling on games is immediate suspension by the league pending investigation.  Didn't happen.

4.  Alphabet community paranoia that everyone is after them. 

5.  Domestic problem.  From a resignation standpoint this could fit but again the team was ont very conciliatory about him working through some problems.  Seems unlikely.

6.  ED.   Not sure what job standards Flus might have for his DC but this doesn't seem like one of them.  Likewise with personal health no conciliatory messages whatsoever from the team. 

7. No conciliatory messages from team, no offers at all for support.  See Roquan's issues in the past. 

I'm still thinking he was demoted from play calling because he was bad at it.   He didn't like it and walked away to think about it and then decided to quit.  This being a performance management issue Flus wanted to keep it in-house.   Maybe there is a juicy tidbit behind the scenes.  I don't think any players have spoken about this either.    

Yeah, if he was going to be demoted, then said, you know what, f'it, if I can't call plays, then I don't want to be here. Like you said, went home for a week to discuss with family, then came back and resigned. If all of that was a shock to the rest of the staff and they feel jaded, then it could fit.

Now if any of the raid rumors are true, the demote > resign scenario would not make sense. However, that raid stuff seems like it could be total BS. If it was and people were putting that out there as fact (sources telling me), I would sue the hell out of them for libel.

One last scenario, is there any connection between Mel Tucker and Alan Williams? The timing of the allegations against Tucker and Williams taking a leave of absence was very closely aligned. Could be a complete coincidence, but a former Bears Coordinator and current one in the news the same week. 

If this is about shaving points, I can imagine where the FBI hasnt arrested him because hes agreed to cooperate as a witness, and no one at the Bears wants to tell the players because if they felt a coach left them out there to dry on the field - thats a great way to lose a locker room.

But if it was me - Id be worried about what theyd think when it finally comes out and they realize that I DIDNT tell them. Im sort of shocked the Bears didnt tell the players.

Whatever it is, I guess the cover 2 means CYA too.

So now, if all this is true, it might be fair to start looking at how the Bears have handled this, which looks like: EXTREMELY poorly.

This isn't "health" - it sounds like he was hitting on someone who works there, or had an affair, or got caught smoking marijuana or something like that. Maybe he got caught jerking off in his office? But to let these rumors swirl while you just leave them hanging in the wind is stupid as hell.

On day two when the rumors had started, Poles or Eberflus should have just said "We will remain silent on this, except to say that this does not involve anything illegal other than possibly laws surrounding the workplace, which we must avoid commenting on either way because an employee has just resigned, and all the corporate stuff that would always go with that any time an employee resigns for any reason."

What the actual hell.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

What the actual hell.

One huge unfortunate part of all this are the players having to be distracted with all this extra “noise”.  They’re having a hard enough time with their performance on the field and being called out about that then this comes along. At some point, someone(s) internally will need to lead them away from this and help keep them focused.  

If I had to guess, the teams legal counsel is more than likely driving how this is being handled internally.  If it is an HR issue then there’s not a lot the “team” can say about it without themselves facing some form of liability. However the team’s PR group could do a better job with the flow of information (externally) and not leave it as open to interpretation.  They should get with legal and ask for guidance in that regard if they haven’t already. 

56 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

One huge unfortunate part of all this are the players having to be distracted with all this extra “noise”.  They’re having a hard enough time with their performance on the field and being called out about that then this comes along. At some point, someone(s) internally will need to lead them away from this and help keep them focused.  

If I had to guess, the teams legal counsel is more than likely driving how this is being handled internally.  If it is an HR issue then there’s not a lot the “team” can say about it without themselves facing some form of liability. However the team’s PR group could do a better job with the flow of information (externally) and not leave it as open to interpretation.  They should get with legal and ask for guidance in that regard if they haven’t already. 

Exactly. And if you are an NFL football team, and you let legal and HR bully your PR department, you're going to fail. You can't sacrifice the product in the service of the company.

If you sell Ketchup, you can say nothing, but if you sell an entertainment product you cant. And especially not when you need players to focus and win as you said.

McDonalds cant stop selling hamburgers because some employees are vegan and file a grievance. Youre not protecting the company at that point. You need strong leadership to decide which is the more threatening of the competing damages. Just because the legal department isnt in charge of the morale or image of the team, doesnt mean it's not also a threat, and a larger one at that.

This one goes to Kevin Warren. If he didnt make decisions to get us here, he needs to make decisions to get us out.

What a total disaster.

Yeah, things like this just show how bad this organization is from top to bottom. 

So if there was a forensics vehicle at Halas Hall, it may have not been "raided" but any law enforcement visit would be close enough. So that dude who tweeted it originally was more accurate that not.

20 minutes ago, adam said:

Yeah, things like this just show how bad this organization is from top to bottom. 

So if there was a forensics vehicle at Halas Hall, it may have not been "raided" but any law enforcement visit would be close enough. So that dude who tweeted it originally was more accurate that not.

it might be a forensic service hired by HR and have nothing to do with law enforcement.

But yeah, the Bears' messaging has been atrocious.

6 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

it might be a forensic service hired by HR and have nothing to do with law enforcement.

But yeah, the Bears' messaging has been atrocious.

From my understanding the Bears hire the computer tech to secure the devices and make sure nothing is missing, info wise is my guess.  They do this with every fire,resign, cut etc. 

5 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

So now, if all this is true, it might be fair to start looking at how the Bears have handled this, which looks like: EXTREMELY poorly.

This isn't "health" - it sounds like he was hitting on someone who works there, or had an affair, or got caught smoking marijuana or something like that. Maybe he got caught jerking off in his office? But to let these rumors swirl while you just leave them hanging in the wind is stupid as hell.

On day two when the rumors had started, Poles or Eberflus should have just said "We will remain silent on this, except to say that this does not involve anything illegal other than possibly laws surrounding the workplace, which we must avoid commenting on either way because an employee has just resigned, and all the corporate stuff that would always go with that any time an employee resigns for any reason."

What the actual hell.

To be fair the Bears never said it was a health issue, at least I never heard that.   I believe that was just internet speculation.  I"m not sure how many HR investigations folks have taken part in on the first couple days you have no idea where things are going.  Just because you are someone's manager doesn't mean HR tells you why they are doing an investigation because  they can be investigating you too.  Nor can you come out and tell people either on the team or in media there is an investigation because legally you are liable if you try to influence the investigation.     

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

From my understanding the Bears hire the computer tech to secure the devices and make sure nothing is missing, info wise is my guess.  They do this with every fire,resign, cut etc. 

right. I agree. And if the Bears know that, why let the messaging spiral out of control?

The brass found something in Alan Williams behavior that deserved him being fired. They offered him to resign to save face. Not sure any organization is going to tell everybody what happened in real time.  Does anyone have the exact information or is everyone just speculating? If it's a criminal offense that might come later, we still might get the story. Bears put a not to talk about it order so I'm sure the story won't be  in a press release. 

I compare this to your (of age) son does something inappropriate and you don't say anything but have him move out of the house. 

For the Bears it's a catch 22 situation, you look bad no matter how you deal with it.