Breaking News: Alan WIlliams' house and HALAS HALL raided

BearFan PHX

I'm hearing that Williams' house was raided after the week 1 game, and that today authorities raided Halas Hall as well in connection to Williams.

I'm also hearing that Eberflus cried when he heard what the charges were.

Only a few things fit. All are ugly. This isn't good at all.

In a football sense it probably won't hurt us much. But it's gonna be a big scandal it seems.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I'm hearing that Williams' house was raided after the week 1 game, and that today authorities raided Hallas Hall as well in connection to Williams.

I'm also hearing that Eberflus cried when he heard what the charges were.

Only a few things fit. All are ugly. This isn't good at all.

In a football sense it probably won't hurt us much. But it's gonna be a big scandal it seems.

We don't know what exactly has happened. Some writers are blowing this story up. There was no police at Halas Hall today. Williams has a health issue.

They dont raid your house for cancer. This is going to be something else.

And it wasnt that Flus hugged him and cried - it was when he was told (along with Warren), by Peanut Tillman, who has connections to the FBI, that he cried. Williams wasnt there, and he wasnt the one that told Flus or Warren - if it was cancer or even drugs, hed have told them himself after the raid, after he was out for personal time. But they didnt know then. So its something else.

I think the raid tweet on Halas Hall was fake, but it may be that it wasnt a raid, just the FBI took his computer with the Bears agreeing. So not a raid per se?

We heard that Tillman broke the news to the Bears brass, so that sounds legal.

Then I read here that Williams' lawyer was on the score denying that its legal, but if its not something legal, why is his lawyer involved?

Also has anyone refuted that Williams' house was raided?

All we know is that this is crazy.

34 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think the raid tweet on Halas Hall was fake, but it may be that it wasnt a raid, just the FBI took his computer with the Bears agreeing. So not a raid per se?

We heard that Tillman broke the news to the Bears brass, so that sounds legal.

Then I read here that Williams' lawyer was on the score denying that its legal, but if its not something legal, why is his lawyer involved?

Also has anyone refuted that Williams' house was raided?

All we know is that this is crazy.

Jerry Azumah said that it was all lies.  Tillman is a close friend of his.  I am leaning on Jerry's word. 

People who have agents also have lawyers to represent them. 

I am sure his lawyer or agent will have to make a statement at some point in regard to this to clarify. 

I have a feeling there will be many people deleting tweets like with Davis.  Maybe a family member is in trouble, we do not know so everything right now is speculation.

36 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Jerry Azumah said that it was all lies.  Tillman is a close friend of his.  I am leaning on Jerry's word. 

People who have agents also have lawyers to represent them. 

I am sure his lawyer or agent will have to make a statement at some point in regard to this to clarify. 

I have a feeling there will be many people deleting tweets like with Davis.  Maybe a family member is in trouble, we do not know so everything right now is speculation.

It is good that Azumah said it wasnt true.

Youre right about players having representatives. But it seems like if it's a health issue, that would have been announced earlier.

I fully admit i dont know anything more than anyone else here does - but it sure does smell fishy.

I think the organization was respecting his personal life. Its up to him to tell media if it becomes a story. Everyone got on Davis for being lazy and then his mother was dying , then died. Its not a law that sports teams have to report on personal issues of their employees. I admire that they dont. The lawyer is Chicago based and was friends with his agent ,when all this (its a criminal nature ) came out he addressed the media that its not true. All of that seems logical to me. PHX can you show the media story of the raid that happened? I read the Tribune everyday and I cant find that story.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think the organization was respecting his personal life. Its up to him to tell media if it becomes a story. Everyone got on Davis for being lazy and then his mother was dying , then died. Its not a law that sports teams have to report on personal issues of their employees. I admire that they dont. The lawyer is Chicago based and was friends with his agent ,when all this (its a criminal nature ) came out he addressed the media that its not true. All of that seems logical to me. PHX can you show the media story of the raid that happened? I read the Tribune everyday and I cant find that story.

nope - I have the same (lack of) information that you have. I thought the denial of Halas Hall being raided did not include a denial of his home being raided so I was going with that, but now that has been refuted too, so I have nothing.

I hope he's OK. I still "feel" like there's more to this story, but I freely admit I have zero actual information.

I think there is more to this story - but I also think highly unlikely the reports out there are true. I actually am thinking right now - what if Williams is going through a serious health and/or family situation that is real and now when he is stressed with that he has to deal with fake news swirling of the most disgusting type around him. 

My guess is this is like an addiction thing - but I will say it’s real odd how Bears press release didn’t wish him luck or anything.

yeah all the (relatively) benign explanations dont really fit. something is up, and I can make guesses, but like Stinger rightly says, I dont actually know crap.

But something bad is going on here, more than just a health scare I think. But again, I admit Im guessing.

So I just read Ian Rappaport's twitter thread on this, and he says that the FBI did not raid Halas Hall, and Peanut Tillman was not part of this etc - excpet he said nothing about whether Williams' house was raided. So far the only person refuting that that I know of is Williams' lawyer.

If this was a pure health thing, then why didnt the Bears already know about it? And why the resignation?

I really think there is more to this story.

Flus' reactions on Williams' status at today's press conference was pretty non-descript.   That was immediately after he said he and the team have Davis and his family in their thoughts (paraphrasing).  If Flus won't give Williams the same kind of sentiment, and this has now been through 3 press conferences, then to me it just doesn't feel like a family or medical type of issue. 

Flus was asked if he had fired Williams and he said no but he also didn't say Wiliams would be back calling plays.  Which I continue to interpret to mean Flus took over the play calling for the rest of the season or at least until he feels like things are on the right track. 

I know nothing of the other rumors and I'll keep it that way until something more official comes out.   I think if there were any truth to the legal issue rumors (which sound very criminal) the team would just cut ties with Williams more officially.  Or at least come out and say he was suspended pending investigation.  

9 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It's official, he resigned. No details yet. Seen !mentioned health issue. Someone seem Flus hugging I'm and tearing up. They were also friends besides coaching together.

That might be the most contrite press release ever.  Not even a little thank you.  

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/alan-williams-resigns-as-bears-defensive-coordinator

The Bears on Wednesday released the following statement:

"Alan Williams submitted his resignation as the team's defensive coordinator this afternoon."

It seems like Williams went to Flus last week and told him he had some problems at home and needed to go home. The lack of communications started between Williams and Flus . Didnt get better when he told Poles. I think Flus was trying to be protective with his 6 year friend and was vague with the brass at that point. So the story got lost in transition from there. Williams has 3 boys that are probably teenagers' ( couldnt find that information) . He's 53 so I am speculating on that. Could something have happened with one of his kids  and that's why all the secrecy? I know if there was a issue with one of my children I wouldnt want to tell the world about it.  So Alan himself doesnt have a criminal issue but maybe something is going on with one  of his children? The bears lost two in a row, and the LT occurs an injury that no one was aware of so everything hits the news on the same day. It turns into a bizarre news day. All speculation on my part. 

The whole circumstance is very odd, and the process should be called into question more than what is going on with Williams himself.

Where is the team's statement? Just stating that Williams resigned is not a statement. 

Why all the conflicting info? Ian Rappaport says he resigned in the morning, yet the Bears website says afternoon.

Biggs says the media was told throughout the week that it was NOT health or family related. Then the statement comes out and says exactly that it was health and family related.

Then a lawyer representing Williams comes out and makes a statement refuting some of the rumors going around. Why does Williams need a lawyer to do that? Why not just do it yourself?

If the team allowed Williams to take off for personal reasons, why not just give him more time off, a month, etc? Just state that the team is allowing Williams to step away for awhile to take care of personal issues, but Williams will still be employed by the Bears.

My suspicion is that the Bears told Williams he was going to be fired (probably Flus tipped him off), so he could resign or be fired. So he probably spent a week getting legal advice and reviewing his options before ultimately deciding to resign. So there may be a lawsuit against the Bears coming from Williams for breach of contract or something along those lines.