Breaking News: Alan WIlliams' house and HALAS HALL raided

BearFan PHX

This just all reeks of the history of Bears doing strange things at strange times.  Is it so horrible to ask them not to continually be a dumpster fire in the eyes of the entire civilized and uncivilized world? If it's truly Williams, health...I hope he'll be OK.  But the anecdotal evidence certainly says it's something else.  That said, at least one lousy coach is gone. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat McAfee said that he has a source that said the FBI did raid Alan Williams house. That is why some of the tweets that came out only mentioned Halas Hall not being raided. 

Ian said Peanut is not involved "in THIS matter". What matter? I thought there was no matter?

I'm not sure they want to answer on behalf of Williams. Not sure because they didn't mention it means it happened. I refer to his lawyer that spoke publicly on several interviews that stated no raid occurred. The only way to verify a raid at his  home is with  a local police or a FBI report. No one can produce that. I spent an hour trying to find out what  city he lives in to check that and couldn't find that information. Don't think it happened.

30 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

If you notice, everyone now, including Poles in his press conference today, say that Halas Hall was not raided, and say nothing about Williams' home. That's not an accident. Something is up.

I heard that an agent discretely came to Halas Hall to get his laptop.  That's not necessarily a raid, if even true.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

There is  also a disclaimer at the end of his show so they dont get sued. His source is X accounts that have no source. I think there is more to the story but I dont think its from a raid.

Oh, I didn't see the disclaimers. When he said it, he said it was his source. So I was assuming someone employed by his team.

Now that Williams is no longer an employee, the Bears technically cannot speak about Williams, especially if there is any type of pending litigation.

I still feel like there is something fishy going on. My own theory stands: they told him he was going to be fired, he said screw that, I am taking a leave of absence, got legal counsel, and then resigned. Now he is probably looking at ways to get compensation from the team thru legal means. 

53 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I'm not sure they want to answer on behalf of Williams. Not sure because they didn't mention it means it happened.

Logically, you're right. There is that possibility.

But if this really was a health situation, they'd be clear about that and remove all the swirling speculation that is a distraction. It'd be easy to say "this really is just a health thing, and we wish him a speedy recovery" but they don't say that, and not saying that speaks volumes in corporate-speak.

I don't KNOW anything. That is true. But at the same time, I've watched enough corporate statements in my life to be able to read between these lines. It's kind of glaring.

There is no way this is just cancer or something.

Or let me put it this way - if it IS just cancer or something like that, then everyone at the Bears should be fired for how poorly they are handling this message. At this point the organization is taking actual damage, and it IS their job to protect the organization. That they cant do that is a huge signal.

Here's from an article in the Sun Times:

"When Bears defensive position coaches spoke to reporters Thursday evening, they were clearly uneasy when Williams’ name came up.

“I’m just excited for the game,” said linebackers coach Dave Borgonzi, who had worked with Williams since 2018 when both were assistants under Matt Eberflus. “My focus is the game. That’s where my mind is right now.”

and

"When cornerbacks coach Jon Hoke was asked if there were well wishes for Williams given that he said in his statement he was resigning to attend to his health and family, he replied, “Yeah. I’m sure. Absolutely.” 

Safeties coach Andre Curtis said he was “not qualified” to answer questions about Williams."

Where are the "hes been a big part of our team and we are going to miss him" or even "we wish him the best" NO WHERE. And they arent sad they are uncomfortable.

Something awful is going on.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023/9/21/23884751/bears-dc-candidates-dave-borgonzi-jon-hoke-alan-williams-matt-eberflus-defensive-coordinator

7 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I heard that an agent discretely came to Halas Hall to get his laptop.  That's not necessarily a raid, if even true.

I think part of that ‘story’ had to do with Tillman potentially going to Halas Hall to notify the team of what was occurring.  And where you may have read that Eberflus’ response was extreme disbelief and was “tearful”. 

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Here's from an article in the Sun Times:

"When Bears defensive position coaches spoke to reporters Thursday evening, they were clearly uneasy when Williams’ name came up.

“I’m just excited for the game,” said linebackers coach Dave Borgonzi, who had worked with Williams since 2018 when both were assistants under Matt Eberflus. “My focus is the game. That’s where my mind is right now.”

and

"When cornerbacks coach Jon Hoke was asked if there were well wishes for Williams given that he said in his statement he was resigning to attend to his health and family, he replied, “Yeah. I’m sure. Absolutely.” 

Safeties coach Andre Curtis said he was “not qualified” to answer questions about Williams."

Where are the "hes been a big part of our team and we are going to miss him" or even "we wish him the best" NO WHERE. And they arent sad they are uncomfortable.

Something awful is going on.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023/9/21/23884751/bears-dc-candidates-dave-borgonzi-jon-hoke-alan-williams-matt-eberflus-defensive-coordinator

Definitely something real bad/strange. Bears just denied Halas Hall raid, nothing about denying Williams stuff.

It is a strange situation when a team has lockdown orders to not speak about Williams. Clearly something bad is going on for a lawyer to speak with guarded words. It is probably under some kind of investigation that results have yet to surface. When people mention raid that would mean they have concrete evidence but that would already be public knowledge. Lots of speculation with people just thinking they know what's going on. In time it will surface but  one thing happened when Flus met with Alan on his way out the door, they hugged and Flus teared up. Several journalists stated that. Not good vibes.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

It is a strange situation when a team has lockdown orders to not speak about Williams. Clearly something bad is going on for a lawyer to speak with guarded words. It is probably under some kind of investigation that results have yet to surface. When people mention raid that would mean they have concrete evidence but that would already be public knowledge. Lots of speculation with people just thinking they know what's going on. In time it will surface but  one thing happened when Flus met with Alan on his way out the door, they hugged and Flus teared up. Several journalists stated that. Not good vibes.

not being snarky, really actually just curious - can you find me a link that says that Eberflus hugged him and that Williams was there when he cried?

3 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

not being snarky, really actually just curious - can you find me a link that says that Eberflus hugged him and that Williams was there when he cried?

This is the account on Twitter that also broke the news on the raids. Who know is this guy is full of shit.

1 hour ago, BearFan PHX said:

Right, so no one (that Ive seen so far) said that Eberflus hugged Williams, or that Williams was even there when Flus got emotional (if that even happened).

I saw a tweet earlier where CB Stevenson stated Eberflus hasn’t yet addressed the team.  And that they are focused on playing KC.

A lot of what we’ve been reading and hearing is based on conjecture.  A lot of story without filling.  Kind of the norm these days with how social media works.  We do know that Eberflus took over defensive play calling last weekend. We know since then Williams has resigned.  We know his reasons cited ‘health and family’.  We also know the organization has claimed ‘no one raided Halas Hall (at least not the FBI).  However this evidently occurred over the last week as well (below).  To say this team doesn’t have a lot of potential distractions would be outright wrong. 

IMG_5618.jpeg

It's true that any actual conclusions about what specifically happened are all conjecture. But the way the team is reacting is real, and it isnt how they would behave if this was just a health issue. So something is up - but to guess exactly what that is would be impossible right now. All I know is that it isnt just a regular health thing.

29 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

It's true that any actual conclusions about what specifically happened are all conjecture. But the way the team is reacting is real, and it isnt how they would behave if this was just a health issue. So something is up - but to guess exactly what that is would be impossible right now. All I know is that it isnt just a regular health thing.

Not that I don't care about Williams, but at this point, he is no longer on the team, I wish him well unless he is a criminal, then I retract my wish.

I just hope all of this hasn't been a distraction and they don't get blown out really bad in KC on Sunday. 

At this point, every worst outcome has almost occurred. Injuries to O-Line and secondary, probably the thinnest groups to start the year; Fields not playing well; the defense missing sacks and dropping INTs, coaching changes in the first 2 weeks of the season; media spotlight looks like it is getting to some of the players; Velus still hasn't done anything; Foreman was a healthy scratch (why did you sign him?); and now you are on the road at the Super Bowl champs house with a super annoying QB wife and brother.

7 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Right, so no one (that Ive seen so far) said that Eberflus hugged Williams, or that Williams was even there when Flus got emotional (if that even happened).

Cris Emma from the SCORE mentioned it in an interview and seen two people note it on a few X accounts. It very well could not be true but when I see it mentioned serval times ,I assume it is. but you may be right I seen many people say Williams house was raided and that wasnt true. It seems like when two friends say goodbye something like that is normal behavior. If you have the Audcy app you can go back and listen to Score segments. I think it was when Grote was  on before a Cubs game.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Cris Emma from the SCORE mentioned it in an interview and seen two people note it on a few X accounts. It very well could not be true but when I see it mentioned serval times ,I assume it is. but you may be right I seen many people say Williams house was raided and that wasnt true. It seems like when two friends say goodbye something like that is normal behavior. If you have the Audcy app you can go back and listen to Score segments. I think it was when Grote was  on before a Cubs game.

Thanks Stinger - I hadnt seen it written anywhere, so thats very helpful.

To me, If Eberflus hugged him, thats a different signal than the one it seems were getting from the press conferences, so naturally im very interested to hear it.

And I dont believe it any more or less than anything Im reading too. It's all possibly crap. It's just WEIRD and there has to be a reason?