2024 Draft Board

Pixote

I was surprised when TheAthletic.com website came out with their new top 50 Draft Board. Here are the top 10 slots listed by Dane Brugler: (the top 3 surprised me in the order they were listed, #4 a TE? Really? Is he that good?)

1 - Drake Maye QB North Carolina
2 - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio State
3- Caleb Williams QB USC
4- Brock Bowers TE Georgia
5- Olu Fashanu OT Penn State
6- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
7- Dallas Turner Edge Alabama
8- Keon Coleman WR Florida State
9- Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
10- JC Latham OT Alabama

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pixote said:

I was surprised when TheAthletic.com website came out with their new top 50 Draft Board. Here are the top 10 slots listed by Dane Brugler: (the top 3 surprised me in the order they were listed, #4 a TE? Really? Is he that good?)

1 - Drake Maye QB North Carolina
2 - Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio State
3- Caleb Williams QB USC
4- Brock Bowers TE Georgia
5- Olu Fashanu OT Penn State
6- Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
7- Dallas Turner Edge Alabama
8- Keon Coleman WR Florida State
9- Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA
10- JC Latham OT Alabama

Brock Bowers is a stud.  Drafting him will be like drafting a number one receiver.

Edited by Mongo3451

3 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I like him but hope he doesn't start off like Kyle Pitts. 

I haven't even seen him play this year and I know Bowers is a more complete TE than Pitts just based off last year's games.  He's also a freak of nature with his contact balance, strength, and speed not to mention his great hands.  

3 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Kyle Pitts went for 1000+ yards his rookie year.  One of the most dominant seasons a rookie TE has ever had.  With that said - last year he had a down year, but he also hasn't had anyone to throw him the ball the past couple of years.  Pitts is really good.  

As a receiver yes but if that’s all you want in a player you can just go draft a receiver.  
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/10/kyle-pitts-not-100-after-knee-surgery-blocking-ability-affecting-playing-time

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Okay so if our picks end up being  3 and 10, who do we pick? 

Assuming 2 QBs go 1-2, it has to be MHJ at 3. At 10, I would probably look to trade back. It gets tricky after that.  If you can't, I would lean Edge or CB (if Johnson is not extended).

2 hours ago, adam said:

Assuming 2 QBs go 1-2, it has to be MHJ at 3. At 10, I would probably look to trade back. It gets tricky after that.  If you can't, I would lean Edge or CB (if Johnson is not extended).

This offseason will be a show for sure.  I want MHJ paired with Moore.  I also want a QB that can produce but I am not sure if any QB can with the coaching.  Is there a such thing as a pocket passer anymore that will fit what Flus and Getsy want.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

I like the idea of drafting a QB...in the later rounds for the sake of competition.  I'm not as convinced as I once was that you can find your franchise QB in the first round...but could find one in any of the top three rounds...probably.  That's not to say I don't think Justin can't be the guy.  I think there's still a chance.  Especially if he has some competition and gets a better team and coaching staff around him.  Once this season plays out and I see more of JJ McCarthy (assuming he forgoes his senior year) I'd be interested in seeing him join the Bears.  And I would presume he might even go 2nd or 3rd round (???)  

In the meantime, the first two picks  (IMHO) should go for MHJ first and then some form of oline (yes Jason would be so happy to see this change in me). Either Fashanu, Latham (Alabama) or OC Van Pran from Georgia.  

50 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I like the idea of drafting a QB...in the later rounds for the sake of competition.  I'm not as convinced as I once was that you can find your franchise QB in the first round...but could find one in any of the top three rounds...probably.  That's not to say I don't think Justin can't be the guy.  I think there's still a chance.  Especially if he has some competition and gets a better team and coaching staff around him.  Once this season plays out and I see more of JJ McCarthy (assuming he forgoes his senior year) I'd be interested in seeing him join the Bears.  And I would presume he might even go 2nd or 3rd round (???)  

In the meantime, the first two picks  (IMHO) should go for MHJ first and then some form of oline (yes Jason would be so happy to see this change in me). Either Fashanu, Latham (Alabama) or OC Van Pran from Georgia.  

If Braxton comes back and plays well, I doubt they take a OT in the first round. I would like to draft a OT to be a swing OT in a mid round. The centers arent ranked real high but still grab one.

• adam changed the title to 2024 Draft Board
30 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

There's only one top ten 3T. That's homie from Illinois, Newton.  Homie from Miami, Leonard, Is good too. Those are likely the only first round 3Ts.  Hall from OSU had a top ten grade earlier but his production is trash.  Same with Ruke from Clemson....no production.

Is Massen Smith or Kris Jenkins any good? Never seen them play yet.

3 hours ago, adam said:

The trenches are so important. They need a new Center, and I am not sold on Dexter or Pickens yet. They won't go Center that early, but maybe with their 3rd rounder, but 3T still seems like an option in the top 10.

I like Newton from illinois, but that is if they don't change defensive schemes. I would like to see them keep consistency and stick with Flus, but he needs a great DC to get them elevated. Maybe bring back Ron Riveria if he is let go.