Week 16 Official Game Thread - Cards at Bears (Tankathon Bowl), DEC 24th, 3:25pm, FOX, CHI -4.5, O/U 44.5

adam

Cards are 2-3 in their last 5, Murray is back, McBride (TE) is having a huge year, Conner is very solid on the ground. 

Bears are favored by 4.5, which says Vegas likes them this week. I am going Bears 24-17 which hurts the Bears draft position and helps the Cards stay close to the Panthers. The Bears normally beat bad teams.

• Pixote pinned this topic
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think i've ever been able to say this since I moved to Arizona in the 1990s but I haven't watched a single Cards game all year.  I have no clue what that team looks like on the field.  Beyond Kyler Murray I can't even name a single Cards player.  But it is Dec and us Arizonans hate cold weather, at least those of us in the southern part of the state.   Bears win. 

2 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

But it is Dec and us Arizonans hate cold weather, at least those of us in the southern part of the state.   Bears win. 

I’ll be in the area coming up in a few weeks. Visiting daughter in Northern Cali.  But possibly taking a road trip to Tempe to check out ASU for younger kid.  Hoping for good weather.  

This post courtesy of Angel’s Envy. 🥃

We easily could lose these games or win them. It seems to always have a handful of plays that change a game.  Murray was a high draft pick that was supposed to be great but never really got there consistently. Blame it on injuries, but no one considers him elite. QBs drafted high fail more than they become elite. Something to think about in taking a QB at one. We should win this game. Cleveland was a winnable game but defense matters. Rarely does anyone look good against them. AZ isn't special but still could keep it close.

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

We easily could lose these games or win them. It seems to always have a handful of plays that change a game.  Murray was a high draft pick that was supposed to be great but never really got there consistently. Blame it on injuries, but no one considers him elite. QBs drafted high fail more than they become elite. Something to think about in taking a QB at one. We should win this game. Cleveland was a winnable game but defense matters. Rarely does anyone look good against them. AZ isn't special but still could keep it close.

In AZ they blame it on the fact Murray quit on his team.  That was the topic on the Cards show last night plus how do we get out of this contract.  

So many aspects go into being an elite QB in this league. Just look at all them drafted since Mahomes came into the league only a handful are considered elite. He has shown flashes but attitude matters. He was a #1 pick in the draft, be careful what you wish for. Williams numbers are great but his intangibles are questionable. Every move Poles makes has risk, I trust him to make the best move for the future of the Bears.

The Bears are still in the hunt. With a win and the following, their playoff chances go up to 10%:

1. LAR beats NO (LAR -4 at home)
2. TEN beats SEA (tough with how SEA looked but it is short week, TEN +2.5 at home)
3. PHI beats NYG (PHI -12 at home)

All home teams, TEN the only Dog at +2.5. Under 3 is really promising.

22 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

I may vomit 'cause I want the Panthers to lose.

They got their win out of the way.

GB, JAX, and TB are all definitely better than ATL and it would take an epic collapse by any of those teams to lose to the Panthers with so much on the line. 

Young is 2nd in the NFL in sacks with 51. His sack rate is still less than Fields at 1 sack per 8.7 passing attempts. Is the NYG OLine the worst ever? Jones+DeVito= 65 sacks. 

8.7 Young
8.4 Fields
8.0 Z. Wilson
5.3 D. Jones (IR)
4.6 Devito

whether we root for them to win, or root for an increased draft outcome, we are all rooting for the Bears one way or another.

I think it should also be said that if we are firing Eberflus, then whatever culture happened around winning or tanking gets reset when the new guy comes in anyway, so I dont think it carries over. Especially if your QB is gone too?

Also, Eberflus has the worst winning percentage of any coach in Bears history, so not much of a culture to preserve?

I do think the locker room is full of high character guys, and if anything that's where our culture lies, and thats Poles as much as anyone.

But all that said, it's hard to root against them, especially when the defense is on the field.

Personally at this point, I feel more like an observer than someone who is "rooting" - I want to watch every chapter of the story of this team, and I look forward to having them be winners in contention again.

• adam unpinned this topic