Week 16 Official Game Thread - Cards at Bears (Tankathon Bowl), DEC 24th, 3:25pm, FOX, CHI -4.5, O/U 44.5

adam

Just now, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I like fields a lot as an individual - but I don’t see any stat that would say he is a franchise guy. Does he have tools - sure, but this was a bad d and he could have done more. 

They won though and I am happy for him for that. I do like that throw he just made to ice the game to Moore. His wideouts had an awful game today. Moore due to injuries probably, no one else did a damn thing. Kmet and Herbert were good 

That pick was awful and the only reason why the Moore pass even occurs. If they score instead of the pick the game is already over. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, adam said:

Thank God, two score lead with a minute left. If they were going to win, I was hoping for a blowout and huge game, but this game gives Poles a great picture on what he needs to do going into the offseason. 

Thank God Fields played a great game and willed the Bears to victory. Get him some help and we will be contending. 

Merry Christmas, Bears win. Besides winning their last two, the Bears need this help:

Week 16
Eagles beat Giants

Week 17
Giants beat Rams
Steelers beat Seahawks
Vikings beat Packers

Week 18
Falcons beat Saints
Cardinals beat Seahawks
49ers beat Rams

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Thank God, two score lead with a minute left. If they were going to win, I was hoping for a blowout and huge game, but this game gives Poles a great picture on what he needs to do going into the offseason. 

I agree. If this was supposed to be an audition to show that Fields can execute the offense as intended, it didnt work.

It was another example of how good Fields is at everything else. He really is. But it wont beat good teams in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Thank God Fields played a great game and willed the Bears to victory. Get him some help and we will be contending. 

Not sure 15/27 170 1TD 1 INT and 9 for 93 and 1 TD is a great game, but it shows he does what he needs to do to win a football game and ultimately winning is the most important statistic. The play calling sucks, no one will look good at QB if Gesty is still here next yr.

A win is a win, but it's another game where the win occurs when the opponent scores 20 or less. 

At least we going into Christmas with a win and not feeling crappy all week. 

They need to strap up and get ready for ATL who just beat down IND 29-10. I was hoping for a game like that for the Bears. Every game is a playoff game now. 

1 minute ago, Stinger226 said:

Not sure 15/27 170 1TD 1 INT and 9 for 93 and 1 TD is a great game, but it shows he does what he needs to do to win a football game and ultimately winning is the most important statistic. The play calling sucks, no one will look good at QB if Gesty is still here next yr.

His only receiver didn't return after the half.  Moore was hurt and Mooney sucks. Scott, Jones Jr, and Tonyan wouldn't make the Cowboys PS.  Sure Fields wasn't great, but it was enough to win

• adam unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

His only receiver didn't return after the half.  Moore was hurt and Mooney sucks. Scott, Jones Jr, and Tonyan wouldn't make the Cowboys PS.  Sure Fields wasn't great, but it was enough to win

I think Moore was back, but he was definitely hobbled.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

mostly inconsistent because they are good on the first drive or two in every game - the scripted plays. other than that, it's generally awful, .interspersed with amazing highlight hero ball plays and no read plays like rollouts and screens with pre-programmed reads.

Is that a condemnation of the OC's inability to call advantageous plays real-time, the QBs inability to read defenses at an NFL level, or both?

The answer to the question is likely known in Halas Hall, and will probably determine what they do in the draft.

1 hour ago, jason said:

Is that a condemnation of the OC's inability to call advantageous plays real-time, the QBs inability to read defenses at an NFL level, or both?

The answer to the question is likely known in Halas Hall, and will probably determine what they do in the draft.

oh in some ways it's gotta be both, and if I had an insider's view, I wouldnt be surprised if there was a lot of blame that Getsy deserves - especially on 3rd and 4th and short - it's been ridiculous at times this year.

But Ive also wondered, if you had a QB that wouldnt pull the trigger, might you not call more rollouts and screens that have preprogrammed throws rather than reads to try to get the ball out of the QBs hands?

But youre right, they probably know a lot more at Halas Hall than my guesses here. And my guess is that theres blame to go around.

On a side note, are the Bears ever going to get any calls? Jordan Love got hit legally after a throw, boom, 15 yards. Then they got a pass that clearly hit the ground out of bounds called as a catch, even after review. Those calls allowed GB to win, which actually helped the Bears with the Panthers pick, but the Bears always have the calls go the other way.

There were even two phantom calls against the Bears, one hold on the long Fields run and a DPI on the next drive that was BS. 

The game is hard enough that if you have to also overcome the officials, it makes it near impossible to win. Yet, the Cards never got a holding call against their offense, but both of their long plays only happened because of holds. Very frustrating.

Fields only sacked 1 time, which was the first time this season he had anything less than 2. Even in the game he got hurt in, he had 4 sacks before getting hurt. So having only one sack is notable. You have to go all the way back to GB in 2022, Week 4 to find the last game where he had one sack or less. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

On a side note, are the Bears ever going to get any calls? Jordan Love got hit legally after a throw, boom, 15 yards. Then they got a pass that clearly hit the ground out of bounds called as a catch, even after review. Those calls allowed GB to win, which actually helped the Bears with the Panthers pick, but the Bears always have the calls go the other way.

There were even two phantom calls against the Bears, one hold on the long Fields run and a DPI on the next drive that was BS. 

The game is hard enough that if you have to also overcome the officials, it makes it near impossible to win. Yet, the Cards never got a holding call against their offense, but both of their long plays only happened because of holds. Very frustrating.

The Bears absolutely are upside down with the refs. Are all teams like that or do we just notice because we watch it more?

22 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

The Bears absolutely are upside down with the refs. Are all teams like that or do we just notice because we watch it more?

CAR got shafted against GB. PHI gets away with a ton of holds. The Bears aren't the only ones, but they are definitely in the group of teams that get hosed more times than not.

On 12/25/2023 at 1:50 PM, adam said:

CAR got shafted against GB. PHI gets away with a ton of holds. The Bears aren't the only ones, but they are definitely in the group of teams that get hosed more times than not.

The only way to get the Jordan rules is to be a winner.  Or have a friend on the inside.  The BS hold on Patrick looked as corrupt as when ASU basketball players were throwing games for Vegas.