The Chicago Bears are on the clock! OFFSEASON OPEN THREAD!

adam

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adam said:

DE depth piece, probably filling Green's role. Can't be as bad as Green was when he was in there.

I find it interesting that all these insiders that state ( we're drafting Caleb and trading Justin) have not known one free agent signing we've gotten. Poles plays with his cards to his vest.

after saying "there are a handful of things that would scare the shit out of me" he says "I dont know if they are true" which i think is important for context LOL

4 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

after saying "there are a handful of things that would scare the shit out of me" he says "I dont know if they are true" which i think is important for context LOL

It will come out or prove to be no big deal. We all assume it's Williams but that's not a 100% for sure.  

10 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

It will come out or prove to be no big deal. We all assume it's Williams but that's not a 100% for sure.  

yeah I don't know what Poles will do, but what he SHOULD do is take Caleb Williams.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

yeah I don't know what Poles will do, but what he SHOULD do is take Caleb Williams.

He probably will but is there any scenario that might change his choice? With Fields gone, does Washington load up the haul to get pick one? What could change his mind? 

I'm not routing for a different outcome but since we don't have anything to fight about anymore, what are all our options?

Poles loves athletic players, Jayden Daniels is that, had the best 2023 year in college,  offers a better run option. 

Trade: pick 1 for 

Pick 2

Pick 36 + 40

Pick 78

Pick 152

2025 pick one

2026_pick one

What say you

3 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Does anyone believe the media, who already made up a bunch of shit about Caleb, are actually sitting there burying a story?

No chance in hell. The media wants nothing more to scoop someone or to sit as a talking head blabbing and ripping some kid of there was reason to (they usually don’t even need much reason to to do so). 

So I don’t buy it for one second. 

56 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

Does anyone believe the media, who already made up a bunch of shit about Caleb, are actually sitting there burying a story?

No chance in hell. The media wants nothing more to scoop someone or to sit as a talking head blabbing and ripping some kid of there was reason to (they usually don’t even need much reason to to do so). 

I agree the media is crap. I also know there are some questions that come along with Caleb. 

He dad is running the show. ( interference)

No agent

Attitude comes across as wanting to be treated special. ( rookie salary cap unfair)

He has some bad habits, fumbling, hero ball, holds on to the ball to long. I seen a breakdown of his throws and he had 60 passes where he held the ball for over 6 seconds in 2023. That's insane. 

Will he hold out if he wants to go to Washington and gets us? That is not out of the question.

None of these are deal killers but still to be determined.

I don't care if he wears a dress after work as long as he balls out. He can go hang out with Aaron Rodgers for all I care of which I think he compares more to than Mahomes.

1 hour ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

For sure. Caleb is the best chance this franchise has had to be dominant in a long time. Let's go.

1 hour ago, Lucky Luciano said:

come on dude, there are kids reading this site. tone it down some.

I'm also guilty. I made a post that was not "kid-friendly," which ignited his response.

My apologies to everyone who I may have offended.

10 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

He probably will but is there any scenario that might change his choice? With Fields gone, does Washington load up the haul to get pick one? What could change his mind? 

I'm not routing for a different outcome but since we don't have anything to fight about anymore, what are all our options?

Poles loves athletic players, Jayden Daniels is that, had the best 2023 year in college,  offers a better run option. 

Pick 2

Pick 36 + 40

Pick 78

Pick 152

2025 pick one

2026_pick one

What say you

I think the value is spot on. I'd have been more comfortable not taking CW if JF was here. 

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Pick 2

Pick 36 + 40

Pick 78

Pick 152

2025 pick one

2026_pick one

What say you

I love it!

I posted this link before, not sure if anyone checked it out as there was no response.

I love the QB analysis series by Kurt Warner. He does an awesome review of prospects.

He is very high on J Daniels. He points out that the last QB taken from LSU, who was also a Heisman Trophy winner, was Joe Burrows. He thinks Daniels could be every bit as successful. He also states that a few NFL Execs have Daniels rated above C Williams!

A trade down to #2 with the draft picks gained from your proposed trade would allow us to draft Daniels at #2 and then finish the offseason goals to strengthen all of our weaknesses identified last year. We could get our WR with pick 9 if one of the top 3 is there. We could get our Center, Edge,  and DT taken care of. Check out the link. The video is less than 5 minutes, so it's well worth the time!

Kurt's QB Insider: Jayden Daniels' strengths and weaknesses

1 minute ago, Pixote said:

I love it!

I posted this link before, not sure if anyone checked it out as there was no response.

I love the QB analysis series by Kurt Warner. He does an awesome review of prospects.

He is very high on J Daniels. He points out that the last QB taken from LSU, who was also a Heisman Trophy winner, was Joe Burrows. He thinks Daniels could be every bit as successful. He also states that a few NFL Execs have Daniels rated above C Williams!

A trade down to #2 with the draft picks gained from your proposed trade would allow us to draft Daniels at #2 and then finish the offseason goals to strengthen all of our weaknesses identified last year. We could get our WR with pick 9 if one of the top 3 is there. We could get our Center, Edge,  and DT taken care of. Check out the link. The video is less than 5 minutes, so it's well worth the time!

Kurt's QB Insider: Jayden Daniels' strengths and weaknesses

A trade down from #1 would be a shocker, but I don't think it is off the table. 

To me Jayden Daniels has a ton of positives, but I do see one glaring negative that i think will prevent him from being elite or possibly even successful in the NFL. It's very similar to the way that Justin had a ton of gifts, but one fatal flaw too.

So the positives on Daniels are easy to see:

He has an elite arm - makes all the throws with velocity and excellent placement
He can run
He makes good presnap reads
He delivers the ball to his primary receiver on time and in tempo.

and to be fair, he has excellent receivers and often the primary receiver is where the ball needs to go.

but I also see he NEVER turns his head to look at anyone else. and when his primary receiver is covered, he runs. He also locks on to his primary receiver from the snap, and doesn't look safeties off. So his eyes are not reading more than one receiver, and not manipulating the defense.

If he doesnt learn to fix this, then he will be solved by NFL defenses just as Justin has been.

However, he's a young guy, and there is nothing written in stone that says he wont develop these skills with next level coaching. He will have his few years to grow, and if he can learn this, then his skill set will bring him a lot of success.

But you rarely see people going from never doing something to doing it well. So for me, he is QB4 in this draft behind Williams, Maye and even JJ McCarthy.

There is no way I'd take Daniels with a top 3 pick.

The good news is that it looks like the Vikings have amassed enough ammo to trade up to pick #3, and he does feel like a Viking QB to me. I'd love to have our zone oriented defense feast on his poor eye discipline and lack of reading ability.

Two caveats:

1) I am watching Chase Daniels break him down right now, and Daniels said "he has all the tools and reads defenses well" but all I see are excellent pre snap reads, not moving through progressions, it's as if once the ball is snapped, his neck is fused.

2) Daniels is slight of stature, and while I dont think every good QB has to have prototypical size, if he ends up on the Vikings, I will enjoy Sweat folding him like laundry :)

On 3/16/2024 at 11:30 AM, Mongo3451 said:

That analyst is good.

Yeah he highlighted a whole bunch of things Caleb has to fix.   But he ignored a ton of the underneath wide open routes just like Caleb ignores them.  

On 3/16/2024 at 10:30 AM, Mongo3451 said:

That analyst is good.

Found the same guy do an All-22 breakdown on Daniels (below).  I have to admit he does a nice laymen termed breakdown of what he's seeing. Really helps with the analysis.  As I see more of these and now with Justin out of the picture, I'd have to say Daniels has moved up for me.  Before it was Nix but only as a developmental piece after we gave Justin one more year.  From watching the review on this, I see a player complete passes pretty much wherever.  I don't see him locking onto players as much and where Williams falters (on the long ball) he does much better at.  I also like the fact he's more 'prototypical' in being 6'4" vs Williams 6'1' (allegedly).  The one thing I don't like is that he's a Heisman winner and goes against my concern of how Heisman winners traditionally don't pan out; at the very least don't win Super Bowls as often.  Daniels' record while at LSU (an SEC team) was 19-7.  Oddly enough he split against Alabama losing to them this year (the video example below) but beat them last year.  

Comparatively for the 2023 season here's how Daniels did head-to-head against Williams:

Williams:  266/388   3,633 yards 9.4 avg 30 TDs 5 INTs (170.15 rating)

Daniels:   236/327   3,812 yards 11.7 avg 40 TDs 4 INTs (208.0 rating)      

• adam unfeatured this topic