14th pick

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to keep bringing in prospects till we hit pay dirt.

That means Orton and Grossman must go, neither are going to be able to fill the role.

Grossman has had 5 years and should be there by now, but still isn't close.

Orton just looks like he'll never be there.

Griese can stay if nothing is available in FA. He's not great, but he was a good mentor to Orton. I would drop him for something better.

This year has good prospects at QB, and if we don't get one, that's just another year we'll have to wait added to development time.

There's some good OT's available, but they will need as long as a QB to develop. This team isn't paticularlly great developing OLmen either.

They are successful at bringing in FA's for the Oline. The Bears have never had a franchise QB. It's time to do all they can to get one.

no thanks giving a massive contract to a 32-year old guard. My dream: Draft Clady, sign Maurice Williams, re-sign Brown (and draft his future replacement)...

LT-Clady, LG-Brown, C-Kreutz, RG-Williams, RT-Tait

You're right, why sign one of the best lineman in the game? Dumb idea.

oh yeah, while watching the rose bowl and scouting Baker, he was decent. He lunged a whole lot and as a result wound up on his ass a lot. But at times he showed good technique and was able to get to the next level. Overall, from at least watching this game, Baker isn't worth the 14 overall pick at this moment. But the combine will be huge for him and if tests good, he could jump back up... but I don't see him doing that.

A guy that intrigues me however is Martin O'Donnell, LG, for the Illini. 5 star recruit if I recall, he has really gotten better over these past 2 years. He had a pretty good game. I wouldn't mind him on day 2 as a developmental guy.

We need to keep bringing in prospects till we hit pay dirt.

That means Orton and Grossman must go, neither are going to be able to fill the role.

Grossman has had 5 years and should be there by now, but still isn't close.

Orton just looks like he'll never be there.

Agreed on prospects. Disagree on Orton. IMO - he's played better than the other two, without the lead time. He's probably playing a little tight knowing all he needs to do it not F it up. Which he also did as a rookie. Give him time to relax a little and I think the accuacy will come. IMO - Orton has a little toughness and moxey that Rex and Griese do not. He has also not recieved a complete fair shot thusfar his carreer.

Trade Griese, sign Rex to an incentive laden deal and let a QB earn the job. FYI - The QB out of Michigan looked really good.

Henne has the tools to make all the good throws and there is a decent chance he ends up being a day 2 pick. I'd have zero problem with Chad Henne.

Henne looked really good. I wouldn't mind him on Day Two at all. After that performance, he may have jumped up into Day One though.

I've watched alot Michigan games and yesterdays game was his best. He is worth a look with one of the 3rd's or maybe 4th round pick. Also we should be looking a Michigan for other possibilities such as WR, S and RB,. Long will be gone before we pick but guys like: (Arrington, Manningham, Hart and Adams) they have a couple prospects that are needs for us.

Just want to clear something up. I just stated Henne looked good. In no way am I suggesting he be drafted by us in the 1st round. You all can think I'm an idiot for other reasons, just not that one! LOL!! :headbang

Yeah, I wasn't implying that you thought he'd be a good 1st round pick when I added that caveat, and I didn't take that from your post. I just wanted to be clear about what I was saying, with the thread title and all. :cheers

Agreed on prospects. Disagree on Orton. IMO - he's played better than the other two, without the lead time. He's probably playing a little tight knowing all he needs to do it not F it up. Which he also did as a rookie. Give him time to relax a little and I think the accuacy will come. IMO - Orton has a little toughness and moxey that Rex and Griese do not. He has also not recieved a complete fair shot thusfar his carreer.

Trade Griese, sign Rex to an incentive laden deal and let a QB earn the job. FYI - The QB out of Michigan looked really good.

What they do at QB is going to depend on Rex. If JA can sign him at a reasonable cost, I'd say that Griese is gone and they draft someone on day two. Then again, I don't think they can get Rex on the cheap, and some team is going to offer him a deal that he won't turn down. The we probably keep Griese and look for a QB day one of the draft.

I think we need a day one QB regardless. Our 3 headed monster at QB isn't worthy enough to rely on long term. Either 3 can keep the seat warm while we groom a youngster. I think Orton should be the seat warmer, because my bet is Rex goes elsewhere. There's too many teams with the need, not enough good FA's, and Rex has been hammered here too much justly or unjustly.

What they do at QB is going to depend on Rex. If JA can sign him at a reasonable cost, I'd say that Griese is gone and they draft someone on day two. Then again, I don't think they can get Rex on the cheap, and some team is going to offer him a deal that he won't turn down. The we probably keep Griese and look for a QB day one of the draft.

If we had an awesome OLine with weapons as good as Edwards and Winslow Jr., I'd think a little bit about Anderson but then realize any half-decent QB would put up good stats with the Browns offense. Plus, Anderson has probably worse decision making skills then Grossman... just say no.

However, I see some team giving up a similar package to the one the Falcons got for Schaub.

It'll probably be Baker OT from USC. Seems like a sure bet. The kid from Boise looks good too...but SC is virtually pro football and I think counts for a lot.

I would personally like to see Mendenhall for RB, but it won't happen.

AR

maybe in the second round for Baker, but definitely not the first.