Chris Brown to Texans

vegas1211

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that there is mutual interest between the Bears and RB Chris Brown. Brown had finished with 102 rushes for 462 yards and five touchdowns while playing behind LenDale White. He is currently visiting Houston. I am not really sure how I would feel about this if it went through. I am inclined to lean toward the draft for RB and would rather we use free agent money on an guard.

I think this would be an excellent move. His injuries have more than likely dampened his value, he could well be a legit value signing, and he fills the hole of a guy to run next to Benson if he does stay healthy. This would narrow the list of places where the Bears would likely want to spend a draft pick more towards O-Line, and give them one last year where they go with Benson since he's still under contract and hard to cut at this point.

Mutual interest from Chris Brown, Bears?

By Vaughn McClure, 3:48 p.m.

There might be a homecoming for running back Chris Brown after all.

The former Naperville North star and unrestricted free-agent has attracted interest from the Bears, a source close to the player said Wednesday. Brown, who played with Tennessee this past season, signed with the Titans in June after talking with the Bears, signing a one-year, $1.8 million deal.

Brown is scheduled to visit Houston on Wednesday.

Brown's role was limited in 2007. He finished with 102 rushes for 462 yards and five touchdowns while playing behind LenDale White. Brown did have the Titans' longest rush of the season 42 yards.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Brown, who turns 27 next month, is known as an upright runner who has success with draws and catching balls out the backfield. The Bears need help at running back, with Cedric Benson still having a lot to prove and Adrian Peterson more of a third-down back.

The team could seek help through the draft as well.

Mutual interest from Chris Brown, Bears?

By Vaughn McClure, 3:48 p.m.

There might be a homecoming for running back Chris Brown after all.

The former Naperville North star and unrestricted free-agent has attracted interest from the Bears, a source close to the player said Wednesday. Brown, who played with Tennessee this past season, signed with the Titans in June after talking with the Bears, signing a one-year, $1.8 million deal.

Brown is scheduled to visit Houston on Wednesday.

Brown's role was limited in 2007. He finished with 102 rushes for 462 yards and five touchdowns while playing behind LenDale White. Brown did have the Titans' longest rush of the season 42 yards.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Brown, who turns 27 next month, is known as an upright runner who has success with draws and catching balls out the backfield. The Bears need help at running back, with Cedric Benson still having a lot to prove and Adrian Peterson more of a third-down back.

The team could seek help through the draft as well.

I like this idea. Brown and Benson fight it out for #1 RB with the loser being #2. Leave Wolfe at #3 with AP your special teams leader (replacing Brendan).

Peace :bears

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that there is mutual interest between the Bears and RB Chris Brown. Brown had finished with 102 rushes for 462 yards and five touchdowns while playing behind LenDale White. He is currently visiting Houston. I am not really sure how I would feel about this if it went through. I am inclined to lean toward the draft for RB and would rather we use free agent money on an guard.

The guy rushed for 462 yards and 175 of them were in the season opener against Jacksonville, who at the beginning of the year couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

Brown seems more like a nice #2. Adrian Peterson is a nice #2. Wolfe is a nice change of pace back. Cedric would be good playing in Canada, and that's about it.

I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I was really hoping RB would be a position we'd work to upgrade. We're not thrilled with AP's talent, and we're not thrilled with ANYTHING Cedric does.

But if we're not going to draft a running-back in rounds one or two, why the hell not sign him? Unfortunately he's the best available.

Being in Titans' country, I can tell you that he's not all that impressive, and the move would do nothing but upset us as Bears fans.

1) He's essentially the offensive version of Mike Brown when it comes to injuries. He was out for four games last year, and banged up during many others.

2) He's not all that explosive.

3) He's not all that good at breaking tackles.

So, in the Bears' present scheme, he won't do too well. I will give him this, however...he's a good cutback runner. When he can get the defense leaning, he can make the quick transition the other way and pick up big chunks.

Guest TerraTor
Can we afford to put more money into mediocre runners? He has never played a full season over 5 years. I would pass unless it was something really cheap.

we put 17Million into a less than mediocre runner already.

That would already surpass Benson production the last few years - sign Brown!

I think it makes the most sense. He's going to be fairly cheap. If Benson works out next year, it's still money well spent for one year of insurance. If he doesn't, we have someone who can at least theoretically carry the load. Plus, it would let us focus on other needs in the draft.

I think it makes the most sense. He's going to be fairly cheap. If Benson works out next year, it's still money well spent for one year of insurance. If he doesn't, we have someone who can at least theoretically carry the load. Plus, it would let us focus on other needs in the draft.

Personally I think we can find a comparable/better runner in rounds 5-6 of the draft. That pick would be cheaper than Brown and less likely to have his tires fall off midseason if asked to carry the load. I don't see any reason to spend even the vet min on this guy.

No to Chris Brown and Shawn Alexander. I want a young guy with a little fire in his belly. I don't think a couple of laid back vets are going to push or inspire Benson, nor will they be very productive. To get through our line, it's going to take the explosion only young legs produce.

I also kind of wonder if Angelo is waiting to see what happens with Shaun Alexander before moving on a FA RB.

Man I hope not. The guy got paid and has sucked ever since. There is a reason Seattle wnet so hard for RB in FA. Duckett and J Jones were worth more to them than him. Come to think of it, I would of rather had a Navy/Orange Julius too...

After the draft, not before. I talked about Brown a couple months ago. At that point, this was looking like a very weak RB class in the draft. Today, the group looks not only strong, but deep.

Sorry, but it would be foolish beyond belief to sign Brown now, before the draft. I am not among those screaming to draft Mendenhal in the 1st, but I can see several situations that could make his pick our best choice. Further, beyond him in the first, there is a decent chance we have a RB at the top of our board w/ our next few picks.

Especially w/ the OL we are may be throwing out there, Benson is giong to flop. Then what. If we sign Brown, we will not have a future starter. That means we will be searching for our starting RB next year. I would much rather we find a young RB now, who can contributre today and provide us a potential starter later.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports a deal between the Texans and free agent Chris Brown is expected to be completed by Thursday.

It sounds like Houston may be offering Brown a multi-year deal, but we won't know for sure until the contract is finalized.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports a deal between the Texans and free agent Chris Brown is expected to be completed by Thursday.

It sounds like Houston may be offering Brown a multi-year deal, but we won't know for sure until the contract is finalized.