Cutler

Boston Boxer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the quarterback's trade out of Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer."

This was an interesting fact that I did not previuosly know about and think it could be possible for Jay to be traded and Chicago better be at least one of the teams discussing what it would take.

"Cook is the same agent who represents Brett Favre and helped facilitate the quarterback's trade out of Green Bay to the New York Jets last summer."

This was an interesting fact that I did not previuosly know about and think it could be possible for Jay to be traded and Chicago better be at least one of the teams discussing what it would take.

This is the time that Angelo needs to make himself legit. What did he say early on about getting a QB??? Getting Cutler in Chicago would be a monumental event. Let's hope.....

C'mon Angelo!!!!!!!

What do we give in return? Us nor the Vikings have a QB that the Broncos will say "Give us him and a 1st and you got yourself a deal".

Do they really go into next year with Patrick Ramsey?

I'll trade this year's first pick and next year's second for Cutler. Bringing in a young, Pro-Bowl QB would surely be worth it.

I'll trade this year's first pick and next year's second for Cutler. Bringing in a young, Pro-Bowl QB would surely be worth it.

There not going to want Orton, so it will definitly a first and a third this year? The problem is many teams will be bidding for his services and we wont have enough to offer. Detroit is making a play and they have higher picks and more of them.

I am with you. I feel bad, as Orton is finally coming into his own I believe, but this is a chance to get a young pro-bowl QB who is still on the rise. He could lock up the QB position for this team for the next decade. I am not that big of a Cutler fan either, but I could work on that. We won't have this kind of chance again. We need to figure out what it takes and then get it done. Period. It also helps that he is the one wanting the trade. So he should have a decent say in who he goes to. I seem to remember it mentioned earlier that he grew up a Bears fan so that can't hurt our chances if he does have a big say in it.

I am sure there is no way Denver trades a QB like Cutler w/o getting a viable starter in return. I doubt they would consider Orton a substitute for Cutler and their backup now is I believe Chris Simms? I seriously question that DEN would accept Draft picks alone in compensation.

I am sure there is no way Denver trades a QB like Cutler w/o getting a viable starter in return. I doubt they would consider Orton a substitute for Cutler and their backup now is I believe Chris Simms? I seriously question that DEN would accept Draft picks alone in compensation.

They might. They have a new owner and a new coach, and all new coordinators. Their top WR is a suspension waiting to happen, and their franchise qb publically wants out. They might want to stock up on picks and start over. I think the Bears would be a more attractive trading partner than the Lions though. The 1st pick is not a desirable pick, particularly with this qb class. The Bears pick at 18 is more desirable than either the #1 pick or the #20 pick. Second, Cutler to Calvin highlights would be on ESPN every night. He wouldn't have anyone to throw to in Chicago, so they'd be less likely to look stupid for trading him.

I think the 49ers would make even more sense. They have a better pick (#10) and more QBs to choose from in return.

They might. They have a new owner and a new coach, and all new coordinators. Their top WR is a suspension waiting to happen, and their franchise qb publically wants out. They might want to stock up on picks and start over. I think the Bears would be a more attractive trading partner than the Lions though. The 1st pick is not a desirable pick, particularly with this qb class. The Bears pick at 18 is more desirable than either the #1 pick or the #20 pick. Second, Cutler to Calvin highlights would be on ESPN every night. He wouldn't have anyone to throw to in Chicago, so they'd be less likely to look stupid for trading him.

I think the 49ers would make even more sense. They have a better pick (#10) and more QBs to choose from in return.

If we could get Cutler can you see him throwing to his old buddy Bennett? And I know for sure that he can throw the ball to let Hester run under it instread of waiting on it. He would make our passing game better...oh and he can run too.

If we could get Cutler can you see him throwing to his old buddy Bennett? And I know for sure that he can throw the ball to let Hester run under it instread of waiting on it. He would make our passing game better...oh and he can run too.

I would love to get Cutler. I would at least visit the idea to see what it would take. I would consider a 1st and 3rd this year. Cutler would immediately upgrade our Offense because he has the ability to throw deep.

I dont how having Calvin highlights would favor the Bears? Having Bennett on this team might make it more attractive to Culter but Detoit can offer more and I dont think the coaching staff cares where Culter would want to go.

FWIW, here's the statment the Broncos put out:

"That's what we have communicated ever since the deal with Cassel didn't happen," McDaniels said. "Other teams have called, but we're not interested in getting draft picks for Jay. I never made a statement [saturday] that 'you can be traded at any time.' They asked a question and I told them it was the time of year when people inquire about your team. Your job, as a head coach and general manager, is to listen and not bypass any opportunity to help your team improve."
I find it difficult to believe that the Bears weren't one of the many teams that called to see what the Broncos were thinking. This is going to be a long, long process if he does wind up moving. There's certainly no guarantee the Bears can put together the best offer (The Lions you know, do need a QB, and if I were them I'd move their pick for him). Denver is going to be the stubborn one here.

Rumor is Cutler's list of teams include the TItans and Bears with the Bears potentially being his preferred destination. He's worked with Williams and Bennet in the past as well so I really think Cutler would be a tremendous fit. A 26 year old QB whose about to enter his prime is a very valuable asset. Plus, if Lovie sucks this year the Bears can go out and spend the money on Shanny. Cutler instantly becomes the best QB since Luckman and clearly has the best abilities of any QB in franchise history.

I"d give up this years and next years first rounder to get him too. The Bears have money to pay him as well and than still go out and target a veteran WR like Holt or to go after a guy like Matt Jones whose a solid WR that would be a nice compliment to the other WR's the Bears have. I realize we would lose a top pick, but man, Cutler could be taking snaps in Chicago for the next 10 years and thats a pretty damn valuable thing to have.

OK, I'm sold!

Rumor is Cutler's list of teams include the TItans and Bears with the Bears potentially being his preferred destination. He's worked with Williams and Bennet in the past as well so I really think Cutler would be a tremendous fit. A 26 year old QB whose about to enter his prime is a very valuable asset. Plus, if Lovie sucks this year the Bears can go out and spend the money on Shanny. Cutler instantly becomes the best QB since Luckman and clearly has the best abilities of any QB in franchise history.

I"d give up this years and next years first rounder to get him too. The Bears have money to pay him as well and than still go out and target a veteran WR like Holt or to go after a guy like Matt Jones whose a solid WR that would be a nice compliment to the other WR's the Bears have. I realize we would lose a top pick, but man, Cutler could be taking snaps in Chicago for the next 10 years and thats a pretty damn valuable thing to have.

He would also have his old college LT protecting his blind side again.

One reason why McDaniels wanted Cassel, besides him coaching him, is b/c Cassel manages the ball. Too bad we didn't expose Kyle last year, b/c thats what the experts were saying about his play last year.

Trade Hester and a 2nd Rd pick. If they want him I'd throw in Orton plus a 3rd Rd pick next year.

They get a dynamic KR/PR and a WR who seems to be able to develop into a decent #2. It takes big bait to catch a big fish and this one will keep fan interest in Denver and won't run the coach out of town but I think they'll want to take Sanchez at #12. In other words I wouldn't expect a deal unless it's blockbuster until draft day. I'm assuming they'd like Sanchez but if they pull that off they have Orton to handle the reigns for year if needed and Sanchez as the future. That gives the new coach a reasonable chance of success in year one with a brighter future in year two.

We get a franchise QB and with our draft picks this year we can still fill in OT/WR/S all key needs. We will also take a big cap hit losing Hester but we have the cap space so it's moot point IMO. Although I can't remember the details of his contract the flipside for Denver should be a reasonable contract for Hester. We will only have the rookie WR plus Bennett and if this deal went through I'd over spend to get Holt on our roster or we're taking a WR in Rd 3 too.

What do we give in return? Us nor the Vikings have a QB that the Broncos will say "Give us him and a 1st and you got yourself a deal".

Do they really go into next year with Patrick Ramsey?

The Broncos did sign Chris Simms! so Ramsey is not their only option.

I am with you. I feel bad, as Orton is finally coming into his own I believe, but this is a chance to get a young pro-bowl QB who is still on the rise. He could lock up the QB position for this team for the next decade. I am not that big of a Cutler fan either, but I could work on that. We won't have this kind of chance again. We need to figure out what it takes and then get it done. Period. It also helps that he is the one wanting the trade. So he should have a decent say in who he goes to. I seem to remember it mentioned earlier that he grew up a Bears fan so that can't hurt our chances if he does have a big say in it.

What's not to like about Jay unless we let him go to a divisional rival that we have to face 2 times per yr for the next 12 years!!!!! What ever it takes this is worth it!!!

The Broncos have Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, I don't think they'd have much interest in Hester. If you are going to trade a player plus picks, it would have to be one of our defensive players, plus high draft picks. I personally would give up a 1st and 2nd this year or this and next years first no problem.

There not going to want Orton, so it will definitly a first and a third this year? The problem is many teams will be bidding for his services and we wont have enough to offer. Detroit is making a play and they have higher picks and more of them.

Who's to say that Culter and his agent can not dictate t o which team he will go to? He could flat out say these are the teams I am willing to play for make it happen or I am holding out and won't report to the new team unless it is one of my teams? Not sure how much leverage Culter and his agent will be able to have but they will atleast bluff.

I would not say the bears do not have enough to offer....I would dangle tommie harris and next years 1st!

Who's to say that Culter and his agent can not dictate t o which team he will go to? He could flat out say these are the teams I am willing to play for make it happen or I am holding out and won't report to the new team unless it is one of my teams? Not sure how much leverage Culter and his agent will be able to have but they will atleast bluff.

I would not say the bears do not have enough to offer....I would dangle tommie harris and next years 1st!

I thought long and hard about Harris. I know the Broncos were kind of interested in Haynesworth so they might very well be interested in Harris. Clearly Harris is one of our better players but at the same time, you build your franchise around QB's, not defensive tackles and Harris play has clearly dropped since his injuries happened. I love Harris attitude but as a whole would be completely down with moving him if it got the Bears Cutler. Not certain about the cap rammifications for trading Harris (how much that would hinder the Bears from being able to pick up guys that could semi replace him via FA or the draft this year) but Cutler's salary is small so that wouldn't be an issue (although the Bears would clearly have to sign him to an extension).

I'd move Harris too. I look at him as having 3 maybe 4 good years left. We have Harrison to step in and he's supposed to have pretty good talent. Again getting a big name Pro Bowl player like that makes the deal easier to sell to fans especially if they can get Sanchez in Rd 1. I think they'd look at that as a good situation especially with all the defensive woes they've had the last few years. I know there'd be a draft pick thrown in there too. Make it happen.

As good as cutler is, i feel like Orton has as much potential. If you look at what he had incompared to any other QB last year, he's right up there with them in stats. I like cutler cuz he is/was a bears fan, but i have faith in what the bears have in orton.

As good as cutler is, i feel like Orton has as much potential. If you look at what he had incompared to any other QB last year, he's right up there with them in stats. I like cutler cuz he is/was a bears fan, but i have faith in what the bears have in orton.

I am on the fence on this one. My worry is that Cutler can be prone to bad games and as we know our fan base can be ridiculously harsh on such things. Can you imagine: Good Jay/Bad Jay???