85 err... I mean Ocho Cinco?

Alaskan Grizzly

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/10507...n=chicago-bears

Intriguing. From what I've been reading, Emery doesn't strike me as high profile big spender. I suspect they are going to try and get a deal done for Forte. This would make some sense, and I think he might be past his silly stage... Or would that matter?

I still like Burress (as he could be available) or even better Marshall. But hey..what do I know?

Sounds like pure speculation... Any remotely available WR could be considered for Chicago.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/10507...n=chicago-bears

Intriguing. From what I've been reading, Emery doesn't strike me as high profile big spender. I suspect they are going to try and get a deal done for Forte. This would make some sense, and I think he might be past his silly stage... Or would that matter?

I still like Burress (as he could be available) or even better Marshall. But hey..what do I know?

I still disagree on the TO talk (he'd help), but Ocho Cinco is beyond washed up. He played THIS year and didn't make an impact.

Ocho is better than TO. And I don't really want either guy, but there is a reason that Ocho was on a roster this year and TO wasn't. TO's tryout that you keep talking about was a giant laughing stock. Owens was slow as shit and couldn't cut worth a damn.

Ocho is about 5 years younger and while TO was the better player over the career, Ocho's problem, which was well documented, was the fact that he couldn't figure out the Pats offense without a full training camp and as a result, he was just behind in the curve. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go somewhere and catch 5 or 6 TD's and 700 yards.

Ocho is better than TO. And I don't really want either guy, but there is a reason that Ocho was on a roster this year and TO wasn't. TO's tryout that you keep talking about was a giant laughing stock. Owens was slow as shit and couldn't cut worth a damn.

Ocho is about 5 years younger and while TO was the better player over the career, Ocho's problem, which was well documented, was the fact that he couldn't figure out the Pats offense without a full training camp and as a result, he was just behind in the curve. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go somewhere and catch 5 or 6 TD's and 700 yards.

Dude, if the tryout was a laughing stock, your comment about Ocho being better is a comedy show. Ocho has never been better than TO. As for 5 or 6 TDs and 700 yards next year (which I doubt will happen), TO eclipsed those numbers two years ago in less than a full season. In fact, he eclipsed Ochocinco's numbers for that season as well. If TO were on the Bears this year, do you honestly think he wouldn't have been able to get 5 or 6 TDs and 700 yards on pure God-given talent alone? 15 catches and 1 TD from Ocho this year?! Behind the curve my ass. TO may not be the same guy he was a decade ago, but he would have put up better numbers on the Pats, and if TO is washed up, then Ochocinco's washed up. Hell, TO didn't even play in the NFL this year and nearly had the same stats as Ocho.

Dude, if the tryout was a laughing stock, your comment about Ocho being better is a comedy show. Ocho has never been better than TO. As for 5 or 6 TDs and 700 yards next year (which I doubt will happen), TO eclipsed those numbers two years ago in less than a full season. In fact, he eclipsed Ochocinco's numbers for that season as well. If TO were on the Bears this year, do you honestly think he wouldn't have been able to get 5 or 6 TDs and 700 yards on pure God-given talent alone? 15 catches and 1 TD from Ocho this year?! Behind the curve my ass. TO may not be the same guy he was a decade ago, but he would have put up better numbers on the Pats, and if TO is washed up, then Ochocinco's washed up. Hell, TO didn't even play in the NFL this year and nearly had the same stats as Ocho.

One is still in the league. The other, unfortunately, as the result of injury is complete garbage.

And I completely agree, TO was the better player and always was. The big difference in our opinions is the fact that TO is no longer healthy. He is slow and can't cut and that is why no one even considered signing him. Now maybe he's gotten better and will show that, but until he goes out and shows some sort of regained speed and cutting ability, he won't be an effective player and he most certainly isn't worth the risk of signing him.

The other component I'd point out is that Ocho in 2010 had 800+ receiving yards in 14 games. Yes, it was less than Owen's but I'm not arguing that Johnson was better than Owen's that year, I'm arguing Ocho is better than the current post-injury TO. And I have read quite a few articles on the Pats talking about the fact that Johnson's issues in New England weren't related to talent and were related to his ability to be in the right spot. Given the minimal amount of practice time and the way the Pats offense work, I am not overly surprised that he wasn't able to make an impact. That isn't me saying he should have had 1000 yards, rather, that I think he can still be a productive NFL wide-out (as a solid red zone target and veteran #3 or #4 wideout).

I am of the mind of lets not go down the extreme veteran road anymore and if your sites are set on a veteran FA WR like Bowe,Jackson or Colston that would be okay.The veterans that are hanging on by a thread like TO,Ocho and Houshm.... and even Lloyd should not be the focus of this team. With Bennett really the only big investment at WR right now everyone else should have to work for their spots meaning Knox,Hester and Sazenbacher(who should also be fighting for a roster spot this next TC.

Summary:Sign a FA WR as a number one option, sign a second tier WR as a second option and pick up a WR in the draft maybe 2nd or third round.This sends Hester to returnman full time,Bennett to the slot WR and Knox on notice or IR,PUP.Sazenbacher to his resume.

Wish list: Bowe and Meachem in FA and Rueben Randle of LSU in the draft.

I am of the mind of lets not go down the extreme veteran road anymore and if your sites are set on a veteran FA WR like Bowe,Jackson or Colston that would be okay.The veterans that are hanging on by a thread like TO,Ocho and Houshm.... and even Lloyd should not be the focus of this team. With Bennett really the only big investment at WR right now everyone else should have to work for their spots meaning Knox,Hester and Sazenbacher(who should also be fighting for a roster spot this next TC.

Summary:Sign a FA WR as a number one option, sign a second tier WR as a second option and pick up a WR in the draft maybe 2nd or third round.This sends Hester to returnman full time,Bennett to the slot WR and Knox on notice or IR,PUP.Sazenbacher to his resume.

Wish list: Bowe and Meachem in FA and Rueben Randle of LSU in the draft.

I would be cool with that,but prefer Toon instead.

One is still in the league. The other, unfortunately, as the result of injury is complete garbage.

And I completely agree, TO was the better player and always was. The big difference in our opinions is the fact that TO is no longer healthy. He is slow and can't cut and that is why no one even considered signing him. Now maybe he's gotten better and will show that, but until he goes out and shows some sort of regained speed and cutting ability, he won't be an effective player and he most certainly isn't worth the risk of signing him.

The other component I'd point out is that Ocho in 2010 had 800+ receiving yards in 14 games. Yes, it was less than Owen's but I'm not arguing that Johnson was better than Owen's that year, I'm arguing Ocho is better than the current post-injury TO. And I have read quite a few articles on the Pats talking about the fact that Johnson's issues in New England weren't related to talent and were related to his ability to be in the right spot. Given the minimal amount of practice time and the way the Pats offense work, I am not overly surprised that he wasn't able to make an impact. That isn't me saying he should have had 1000 yards, rather, that I think he can still be a productive NFL wide-out (as a solid red zone target and veteran #3 or #4 wideout).

Fair enough, and we can agree to disagree. If the Bears sign a long in the tooth veteran, I'd rather them spend less money on a guy with more talent who I believe will do better than Ochocinco anyway. But I think we can all agree that if they sign a vet, we'd rather see a Vincent Jackson/Dwayne Bowe type of vet.

Fair enough, and we can agree to disagree. If the Bears sign a long in the tooth veteran, I'd rather them spend less money on a guy with more talent who I believe will do better than Ochocinco anyway. But I think we can all agree that if they sign a vet, we'd rather see a Vincent Jackson/Dwayne Bowe type of vet.

Completely agree. I want Dwayne Bowe bad. I think the Bears end up with Colston though (after the Saints franchise Nicks). Or at least I certainly hope they end up with one of Bowe, Jackson (V not D), Colston, Johnson). I had wanted Manningham as the other signing but given his superbowl performance that will probably change (someone will overpay and give him too much money). The scary thing is the other wideouts are probably going to be ridiculously overpaid.

What hurts the Bears is they have a decent amount already tied into a crappy wide receiver corp's. Bennett is paid decently (and fairly for a #2) but Hester gets a lot of money as well and clearly isn't that. He is the best return guy in the game today but he's also by far the highest paid return guy in the league.

Completely agree. I want Dwayne Bowe bad. I think the Bears end up with Colston though (after the Saints franchise Nicks). Or at least I certainly hope they end up with one of Bowe, Jackson (V not D), Colston, Johnson). I had wanted Manningham as the other signing but given his superbowl performance that will probably change (someone will overpay and give him too much money). The scary thing is the other wideouts are probably going to be ridiculously overpaid.

What hurts the Bears is they have a decent amount already tied into a crappy wide receiver corp's. Bennett is paid decently (and fairly for a #2) but Hester gets a lot of money as well and clearly isn't that. He is the best return guy in the game today but he's also by far the highest paid return guy in the league.

Thats why I have Meacham as my target for a 2nd option because he is opposite Colston and I believe that the Saints will go all out to retain Colston and give Meacham an opportunity to try and establish himself with another team. Given Emery's area of scouting was the Southeast,Tennessee and LSU are in the SEC conference so I'm trying to match up what I believe Emery would go for.

Thats why I have Meacham as my target for a 2nd option because he is opposite Colston and I believe that the Saints will go all out to retain Colston and give Meacham an opportunity to try and establish himself with another team. Given Emery's area of scouting was the Southeast,Tennessee and LSU are in the SEC conference so I'm trying to match up what I believe Emery would go for.

Meacham would be a good pickup and given the Bears cap space they could afford signing a #1 and Meachem. They would not be able to afford both of those guys and a DE though which means you than need to look at DE and LT early in the draft.