Alshon Jeffrey

DABEARSDABOMB

Yep that's the game I was talking about. Nice work and compilation. It shows him being a pain in the arse to opposing coverage. He's going to be perfect in Chicago.

The only concern I have with him is the talk about his weight starting off 2011. Apparently he came to camp heavy but was noted to be a sleek 215(?) during the Combine. Sounds like he ended the previous year injured so that could be a part of why he was heavier... either way I'm not OVERLY worried. Still a great pick!

PFW has him ranked as the 49th best player

NFP has him ranked as the 99th best player

GBND has him as the 40th best player

Draftcountdown has him at 59.

He seems to have a lot of varied opinions on him, just hope he does well for us.

It seems that Emery has a plan and it doenst include much help for the OL.

There is no way that he was the 99th best player, have you seen some of the names before him? The actual rating is crap. Brian Quick was ranked 138.

I would say he was anywhere from 40-50.

Yep that's the game I was talking about. Nice work and compilation. It shows him being a pain in the arse to opposing coverage. He's going to be perfect in Chicago.

The only concern I have with him is the talk about his weight starting off 2011. Apparently he came to camp heavy but was noted to be a sleek 215(?) during the Combine. Sounds like he ended the previous year injured so that could be a part of why he was heavier... either way I'm not OVERLY worried. Still a great pick!

I would be depressed and eating too if I had to try to catch passes from some of those South Carolina QB's.

There is no way that he was the 99th best player, have you seen some of the names before him? The actual rating is crap. Brian Quick was ranked 138.

I would say he was anywhere from 40-50.

Just showing how different peoples opinions vary quite a bit, most sites have him in that range, so we got valve where were at. The player most like him in the NFL is B. Marshall, so we will have to see how this plan plays out.

Just showing how different peoples opinions vary quite a bit, most sites have him in that range, so we got valve where were at. The player most like him in the NFL is B. Marshall, so we will have to see how this plan plays out.

Oh I know, just funny to see him rated that low. That would be a 4th round grade. To have one Brandon Marshall on a team is awesome, to have two is going to be silly. Talk about matchup nightmares.

Hell yes! It is nice to have a pick that the majority is happy with. That being said, where is Jason?

I've been prepping for a marathon all day.

As for the pick, I think it's a great value. I would have rather seen Mike Adams there, but it's hard to argue with Alshon where he was selected.

Problem now: There is still a LT hole, and the talent at OT is absolutely non-existent (edit: Massie). BPA makes the most sense now.

We still need help on the OLine to get this potent offense going, running out on our potenial canidates to help .

This year will probably prove or disprove my point.

Cutler + Forte + Bush + Marshall + Jeffery + Bennett + Hester = No excuses.

If it doesn't turn into a top-10 offense (or very damn close), that validates what I've been saying for years.

Hell yes! It is nice to have a pick that the majority is happy with. That being said, where is Jason?

See this is just what Jason and i were fussing about, I told him we were going to get three WR thsi year, but were actually got four Jeffrey, Marshall,Weems, and Thomas. And we also got two big WR like I asked for to give Cutler someone to throw to other than the smurfs we have.

See this is just what Jason and i were fussing about, I told him we were going to get three WR thsi year, but were actually got four Jeffrey, Marshall,Weems, and Thomas. And we also got two big WR like I asked for to give Cutler someone to throw to other than the smurfs we have.

HAHA. Dude, your wet dream of two tall WRs has finally been set up. Break out the Jergens.

Having said that, how many times does everyone have to tell you, Weems and Thomas will virtually never see the field as WRs. They were picked up as ST. Period. They got two WRs, Marshall and Alshon.

I am being told from some gamecocks fans that Alshon was pretty much garbage this year and was being constantly questioned about his drive.

Did those same fans tell you his starting QB was dismissed from the team in November?The kid that took over was an option style qb. The previous year he and Garcia had a good connection going and it amounted in some very impressive stats.

I am being told from some gamecocks fans that Alshon was pretty much garbage this year and was being constantly questioned about his drive.

My bro-in-law loves the Gamecocks like we love the Bears, and he thinks it's a great pick. He said sometimes Jeffrey tries to show off with one-handed picks, or maybe doesn't run full routes, but he thinks the Bears will be very happy with the pick.

The difference now is he's coming in to a perfect situation. He's not going to be the #1 and he's not going to be double covered. He'll have ever opportunity to succeed right away in this league. I think within 2-3 full seasons, he should be a Pro bowl quality receiver. Both Marshall and Jefferey have that "100 catch" type of talent. Not saying both of them will grab 100 balls but Jeffery, at his best, I believe is that type of possession (move the chains) type of receiver that's going to be targeted quite often, especially in the redzone.

I like the pick and it's hard to believe our WR corps has gone from weakness to how are they going to stop them? I guarantee our division opponents know exactly what they will face.

I know QB protection is still a question mark but if teams want to use the formula of press coverage while knowing the pressure will get to Cutler in 3 sec. it won't work like it did with Knox and Hester. Marshall and Jeffrey will get the release they want.

Think teams will go 8 in the box to shut down Forte and leave a single high safety? With these two WRs Cutler does not have to wait for them to get separation, he can "throw them open" right as his back foot hits on the last step of his drop because both can track the ball very well and both can go up high to get it. Miss a tackle and look out.

I know I'm in the minority on this but I liked Jeffrey's quote about his stats were low due to the team running the ball but it worked as they won 11 games. I'm willing to bet he wasn't thrilled about those game plans featuring the runs early in the season but people grow up and looking back on it maybe he realized it was the right thing to do and it worked. Translation... if he's bought into run blocking...we now have him and Marshall blocking for Forte and that's a whole lot better than Hester and Knox. Forte should just roll up the difference between the contract offers into Pro Bowl bonuses and sign the deal because those are checks he will cash.

Jason, you are right. This is going to prove the theory Oline versus skill players. As long as Tice calls halfway intelligent plays I believe the talent we now have on offense can be very successful even with Webb at LT (we can scheme to help him too). Kurt Warner took the Arizona Cardinals to the Superbowl behind a mediocre Oline (remember our former LT who failed here was there at LT) relying on Fitzgerald, Boldin, and average RB. Jeffrey won't be Anquan Boldin but OTOH we have Forte.

Agreed it's so nice to have a posiition of strength. Normally we'd draft Jeffrey and talk about him as being our #1. Hell, we drafted Mark Bradley in round #2 and needed him to be an impact WR. Jeffrey will not have the job handed to him and he'll have pretty good competition. We're hoping he'll be great, but we're not desperate for him to be great.

I like the pick and it's hard to believe our WR corps has gone from weakness to how are they going to stop them? I guarantee our division opponents know exactly what they will face.

I know QB protection is still a question mark but if teams want to use the formula of press coverage while knowing the pressure will get to Cutler in 3 sec. it won't work like it did with Knox and Hester. Marshall and Jeffrey will get the release they want.

Think teams will go 8 in the box to shut down Forte and leave a single high safety? With these two WRs Cutler does not have to wait for them to get separation, he can "throw them open" right as his back foot hits on the last step of his drop because both can track the ball very well and both can go up high to get it. Miss a tackle and look out.

I know I'm in the minority on this but I liked Jeffrey's quote about his stats were low due to the team running the ball but it worked as they won 11 games. I'm willing to bet he wasn't thrilled about those game plans featuring the runs early in the season but people grow up and looking back on it maybe he realized it was the right thing to do and it worked. Translation... if he's bought into run blocking...we now have him and Marshall blocking for Forte and that's a whole lot better than Hester and Knox. Forte should just roll up the difference between the contract offers into Pro Bowl bonuses and sign the deal because those are checks he will cash.

Jason, you are right. This is going to prove the theory Oline versus skill players. As long as Tice calls halfway intelligent plays I believe the talent we now have on offense can be very successful even with Webb at LT (we can scheme to help him too). Kurt Warner took the Arizona Cardinals to the Superbowl behind a mediocre Oline (remember our former LT who failed here was there at LT) relying on Fitzgerald, Boldin, and average RB. Jeffrey won't be Anquan Boldin but OTOH we have Forte.