Lovie Smith FIRED as HC

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious to see bitter former players. From Hunter Hillenmeyer:

https://twitter.com/hthill/status/285781251074445312

5 wins my ass. This was a 13 win team taken down to 10 wins by Lovie.

But with an awful lot of players not under contract who may not be back with new coaches. We could easily see a major house cleaning & rebuilding

Thanks Lovie for leading us back to respectability after the Wanne/Jauron wilderness years but its time & 1 playoff run in 6 years just doesn't cut the mustard

But with an awful lot of players not under contract who may not be back with new coaches. We could easily see a major house cleaning & rebuilding

Thanks Lovie for leading us back to respectability after the Wanne/Jauron wilderness years but its time & 1 playoff run in 6 years just doesn't cut the mustard

of the 14 UFA's, only 4 were technically starters, 5 if you count Hayes who came in when Urlacher went down. We will also have a bunch of guys coming off IR as well, which should help at least for depth. Cutting dead weight like Hester, Davis, and Spaeth will help as well.

UFA's:

Jonathan Scott*

Chris Spencer

Jason Campbell

Josh McCown

Kahlil Bell

Brian Urlacher*

Henry Melton*

Nick Roach*

Geno Hayes

Israel Idonije

Amobi Okoye

D.J. Moore

Zackary Bowman

Olindo Mare

He's just a loyalist...

And a not very good analyst. Jim Miller is light years better. And that's not saying much...

Hilarious to see bitter former players. From Hunter Hillenmeyer:

https://twitter.com/hthill/status/285781251074445312

5 wins my ass. This was a 13 win team taken down to 10 wins by Lovie.

I'll always love Hester...

I hope he does retire is his heart isn't into it. He'll go out as the best return man ever in my eyes...

Hester considering retirement according to Bigg's twitter. Says he was furious over Lovie's firing.. All I can say is SEEYA DEVIN! You would have been gone anyways.

of the 14 UFA's, only 4 were technically starters, 5 if you count Hayes who came in when Urlacher went down. We will also have a bunch of guys coming off IR as well, which should help at least for depth. Cutting dead weight like Hester, Davis, and Spaeth will help as well.

UFA's:

Jonathan Scott*

Chris Spencer

Jason Campbell

Josh McCown

Kahlil Bell

Brian Urlacher*

Henry Melton*

Nick Roach*

Geno Hayes

Israel Idonije

Amobi Okoye

D.J. Moore

Zackary Bowman

Olindo Mare

Youve got to look at 2013 also though as some of them may not get extensions

After 2013 (24): Kyle Adams, Joe Anderson, Cory Brandon, Blake Costanzo, Jay Cutler, Kellen Davis, Dom DeCicco, Jerry Franklin, Roberto Garza, Robbie Gould, Devin Hester, Tim Jennings, Pat Mannelly, Sherrick McManis, Matt Spaeth, Craig Steltz, Charles Tillman, Matt Toeaina, Harvey Unga, Anthony Walters, J’Marcus Webb, Edwin Williams, Corey Wootton, Major Wright

Not saying its a done deal but I can see it happening just as easily as not

I'll always love Hester...

I hope he does retire is his heart isn't into it. He'll go out as the best return man ever in my eyes...

One of the most exciting players I've ever witnessed. I was so happy when the Bears drafted him. His failures at WR, and the bad "Hester Package" sort of did him in. Not to mention the loss of speed and ability to return kickoffs and punts. Sometimes, when it goes, you don't ever get it back. He was lucky enough to get it back once.. Twice? Idk. I think he should only have been used in the slot as a WR, and for whatever reason, the Bears thought he was going to be this awesome #1 outside receiver. Didn't work. Maybe things would have been differently had they gotten a real offensive person that could best utilize his skill set.

One of the most exciting players I've ever witnessed. I was so happy when the Bears drafted him. His failures at WR, and the bad "Hester Package" sort of did him in. Not to mention the loss of speed and ability to return kickoffs and punts. Sometimes, when it goes, you don't ever get it back. He was lucky enough to get it back once.. Twice? Idk. I think he should only have been used in the slot as a WR, and for whatever reason, the Bears thought he was going to be this awesome #1 outside receiver. Didn't work. Maybe things would have been differently had they gotten a real offensive person that could best utilize his skill set.

I was the opposite. I want the Bears' to draft Leonard Pope with that pick, the big TE out of Georgia. Obviously, I was pissed about Hester. He didn't have a true position.

Like you, however, he was one of the most electrifying players to ever play in the NFL. He'll probably never make the Hall of Fame, but he was simply amazing in 2006 and 2007.

Now, though, he is horrible. He's not fast, he can't catch, makes stupid plays, doesn't seem to know the plays, and continuously runs backwards on kicks and punts. His game yesterday on KR might have been one of the worst I've ever seen from any player. The Bears made him a rich man. He made a lot of money from them and endorsements. If he retires, all the power to him, but if not, I really hope he's not a Bear in 2013.

Definitely the biggest decision of Emery's GM stint in Chicago thus far. This could be one of his defining moments. However this goes and whoever he gets we all need to give it some time. It seems we've been here before. When Angelo was brought in he was saddled with Dick Moron. A year later Angelo was given the power to fire and then hire his own coach. Now Emery is in that position.

Things I want in a head coach, mostly based on deficiencies in Smith's staff's.

• Offensive mind or connections and ability to build a solid offensive coaching staff.
  • A coach who is good with QB's and will bring in the right guys to help Jay and also will be able to develop QB's
  • A coach who has good player evaluation, and development skills and will get the most out of his players
  • A coach who will put his players in the best position to succeed and will field the best players regardless of salary, loyalty, etc.
  • A coach with a killer instinct not one who will get a lead and try to sit on it the rest of the game but keep the pedal down till the game is out of reach.
  • A coach who earns and commands respect from his players by pushing them to be the best they can be, not by going easy on them.

Definitely the biggest decision of Emery's GM stint in Chicago thus far. This could be one of his defining moments. However this goes and whoever he gets we all need to give it some time. It seems we've been here before. When Angelo was brought in he was saddled with Dick Moron. A year later Angelo was given the power to fire and then hire his own coach. Now Emery is in that position.

Things I want in a head coach, mostly based on deficiencies in Smith's staff's.

• Offensive mind or connections and ability to build a solid offensive coaching staff.
  • A coach who is good with QB's and will bring in the right guys to help Jay and also will be able to develop QB's
  • A coach who has good player evaluation, and development skills and will get the most out of his players
  • A coach who will put his players in the best position to succeed and will field the best players regardless of salary, loyalty, etc.
  • A coach with a killer instinct not one who will get a lead and try to sit on it the rest of the game but keep the pedal down till the game is out of reach.
  • A coach who earns and commands respect from his players by pushing them to be the best they can be, not by going easy on them.

So...Jon Gruden?

here are the top coaches i would like to see in chicago (sean payton is off the market):

1. bill cowher: although defensive minded this guy still can coach and knows how to surround himself with good personnel. maybe the only defensive minded coach i give the keys to the franchise to.

2. andy reid: i understand the problems in philly but this guy can still coach and has tons of experience. a new venue may be just what he needs to succeed.

3. mike holmgren: another very good coach but BAD gm/coach. in truth i would bring him in with NO reservations at all as a head coach. he knows qb's and knows how to get the most out of an offense. brings in good support coaches also. i would also like him in the position that sweaty teddy is in even with the cleveland situation.

4. a dark horse is seriously jimmy johnson. this guy can work with a very young group of players and sift out the flotsam. a proven winner with an offensive mind.

5. a very dark horse... brian billick. never did a lot with the ravens offense but i still think this guy knows offensive football. just maybe.

i have chosen the above because... i want a good proven coach who has done it before. call them retreads or whatever you want. i am TIRED of on the job training for head coaches. at this point we need someone to move us UP the ladder. we have never hired a head coach in this franchises modern history who has been a head coach in the NFL. it's time.

some others will surface but for now this is my short list.

No Gruden?

Gruden loves Cutler and Marshall. He won a ring with Brad Johnson and got Rich Gannon and MVP. He wore out his welcome in Tampa as most coaches eventually do. I'd love him as the next Bears' coach, but I doubt it happens.

No Gruden?

Gruden loves Cutler and Marshall. He won a ring with Brad Johnson and got Rich Gannon and MVP. He wore out his welcome in Tampa as most coaches eventually do. I'd love him as the next Bears' coach, but I doubt it happens.

Gruden benefited from a team Tony Dungy built. Plain and simple.

I was the opposite. I want the Bears' to draft Leonard Pope with that pick, the big TE out of Georgia. Obviously, I was pissed about Hester. He didn't have a true position.

Like you, however, he was one of the most electrifying players to ever play in the NFL. He'll probably never make the Hall of Fame, but he was simply amazing in 2006 and 2007.

Now, though, he is horrible. He's not fast, he can't catch, makes stupid plays, doesn't seem to know the plays, and continuously runs backwards on kicks and punts. His game yesterday on KR might have been one of the worst I've ever seen from any player. The Bears made him a rich man. He made a lot of money from them and endorsements. If he retires, all the power to him, but if not, I really hope he's not a Bear in 2013.

After his performance this year, I can't see Emery paying him with Weems on the roster. Weems has been a ST stud and can handle return duties as well. Hester was electric in his prime, but he has lost a step or the rest of the league has gotten faster, because doesn't make anyone miss anymore. Sad to see his decline because I thought he had 2-3 good years left.

After his performance this year, I can't see Emery paying him with Weems on the roster. Weems has been a ST stud and can handle return duties as well. Hester was electric in his prime, but he has lost a step or the rest of the league has gotten faster, because doesn't make anyone miss anymore. Sad to see his decline because I thought he had 2-3 good years left.

Agreed. I'm not sure I'd even entertain his agent with a phone call.

Now the hard work begins. Finding a good coach isn't easy. Bears better be willing to pay and they better be prepared to move quickly. Their are a lot of teams trying to hire guys and on paper, Bears have one of the best roster (if not the best roster) of all these teams with vacancies.

Ur right DBDB. I believe we have the most attractive job out there. We have the atar players to make it a quick turn around. Its Chicago so its a great market to be in. If anyone could lure chuky out of booth its us but i don't see it happening. Im hearing alot of Mike McCoy and i would be in favor of that

Btw ppl im back after a couple yrs away. Hope nothing has changed. Where's my good friend pixote at

Ur right DBDB. I believe we have the most attractive job out there. We have the atar players to make it a quick turn around. Its Chicago so its a great market to be in. If anyone could lure chuky out of booth its us but i don't see it happening. Im hearing alot of Mike McCoy and i would be in favor of that

Btw ppl im back after a couple yrs away. Hope nothing has changed. Where's my good friend pixote at

Haven't seen Pix in a bit. Welcome back!!! Hope all is well :)

I'm intrigued with McCoy. He seemed to do a good job adjusting to Tebow a year ago but its hard to evaluate anyone when you have Manning. I could like good as an OC with Peyton as my QB. That said he made Delhomme look solid for a while and seems to have other good experience. I'm kind of intrigued by Muschamp. Not a name I had ever thought about and he's a defensive guy but if you bring in a guy like Norv to be the OC, could be interesting. I wonder if the Bears look at the Falcons OC (Koetter). I was so bummed when we lost out on hiring him last off-season (and really...that is why Lovie is gone...no one wanted to come be his OC and thats why we got Martz/Tice).

Haven't seen Pix in a bit. Welcome back!!! Hope all is well :)

I'm intrigued with McCoy. He seemed to do a good job adjusting to Tebow a year ago but its hard to evaluate anyone when you have Manning. I could like good as an OC with Peyton as my QB. That said he made Delhomme look solid for a while and seems to have other good experience. I'm kind of intrigued by Muschamp. Not a name I had ever thought about and he's a defensive guy but if you bring in a guy like Norv to be the OC, could be interesting. I wonder if the Bears look at the Falcons OC (Koetter). I was so bummed when we lost out on hiring him last off-season (and really...that is why Lovie is gone...no one wanted to come be his OC and thats why we got Martz/Tice).

Yeah man i could go for koetter as well. With McCoy i look at he made orton look pretty damn good 1 yr then was able to change schemes to fit tebow mid season and make playoffs albeit on luck. I agree anyone would look good with peyton at qb.

Good to see u still here bud. Everything is good. Boys growing like weeds and im still driving but for a better company and with my dad so business is looking up. Actually looking to buy new trk maybe mid yr

My God, you are alive, :D

Great to see you post! miss hearing from you.

Been very busy with my internet marketing trying to stay afloat. Have not had much time to post but come to the site daily to get caught up on my Bears' news.

Been very busy with my internet marketing trying to stay afloat. Have not had much time to post but come to the site daily to get caught up on my Bears' news.

There's my good frien. Good to see u man. Can't keep me away forever although im sure a few back in the day would prefer it lol

There's my good frien. Good to see u man. Can't keep me away forever although im sure a few back in the day would prefer it lol