We're now officially rebuilding

CrackerDog

I see all the happy feet grave dancing on Lovie (and last year on JA) and I wonder how many of you really understand the big picture here. No, I'm not going to stick up for Smith because there's plenty of reasons over the last 9 years to say goodbye to him at this time. But this season at 10-6 with that god damn shitty O Line isn't one of them. I'm a Bears fan and I hope like hell Emery knows what he's doing but I saw no evidence in his personnel moves thus far that he honestly understood the most glaring problem he faced when he took over. You can't blame him for patching a few holes and giving Cutler some weapons but there's a long way to go guys. We won't likely be an 8 win team next year unless this off season is full of miracles. Again, Lovie is gone and that's fine with me. But get a clue guys, we aren't going to plug in Gruden and win the Superbowl next season. Dream on.

Now, if we're all in agreement that we need to rebuild, it's time to cut ALL the dead weight and that includes players as well as coaches. Big names like Hester and probably Urlacher. We need two solid upgrades on the O Line and depth everywhere. A lot will depend on what D the new coach wants to run but many of our current players won't fit other schemes.

In short, you got what you wanted, get ready for things to be ugly for a while and I think we have to stand by the leaders of the team for a while as things hopefully turn around. Let's not be whiny little crybabies at the first sign of adversity.

I see all the happy feet grave dancing on Lovie (and last year on JA) and I wonder how many of you really understand the big picture here. No, I'm not going to stick up for Smith because there's plenty of reasons over the last 9 years to say goodbye to him at this time. But this season at 10-6 with that god damn shitty O Line isn't one of them. I'm a Bears fan and I hope like hell Emery knows what he's doing but I saw no evidence in his personnel moves thus far that he honestly understood the most glaring problem he faced when he took over. You can't blame him for patching a few holes and giving Cutler some weapons but there's a long way to go guys. We won't likely be an 8 win team next year unless this off season is full of miracles. Again, Lovie is gone and that's fine with me. But get a clue guys, we aren't going to plug in Gruden and win the Superbowl next season. Dream on.

Now, if we're all in agreement that we need to rebuild, it's time to cut ALL the dead weight and that includes players as well as coaches. Big names like Hester and probably Urlacher. We need two solid upgrades on the O Line and depth everywhere. A lot will depend on what D the new coach wants to run but many of our current players won't fit other schemes.

In short, you got what you wanted, get ready for things to be ugly for a while and I think we have to stand by the leaders of the team for a while as things hopefully turn around. Let's not be whiny little crybabies at the first sign of adversity.

I think the new coach should stick with the same style of D while revamping the O. Just my opinion

Although I don't agree with everything you said (although you're onto something with the term "rebuilding") I love the delivery. Felt like I was reading an excerpt from Gen. Pattons diary.

It's not going to be a re-build until they cut ties with Cutler, which doesn't seem like it's going to happen at least for another year. Maybe down the road, but I didn't get that sense listening to Emery's press conference. He basically said they will try and build upon what they already have to get better as a club. Re-tooling would be the word I would use.

Hester and Urlacher will be gone anyway, with Davis, Spaeth, etc. So I don't see this as a complete rebuild. Our main players will still be there. We have the Big-3 on the offense, and Peppers, Tillman, and Briggs will be there on defense. We will hopefully re-sign Melton, still have Jennings, and a whole slew of young safeties. We get a new MLB, address the O-Line via draft and FA, add a decent TE, and maybe add another WR (please Amendola), and we will be right there again next year.

Many teams do a modified rebuild. What I mean by that is restructure one side of the ball (O or D). Indy was supposed to rebuild with the departure of Manning- look at those immediate results! In today's era of NFL parody, I believe there is no such thing as a true rebuild. If upgrading the offensive line and adding some younger defenders is a rebuild than so be it.

In Emery I trust! The dude earned my respect this past week.

I wouldn't call it a rebuilding at all. What I can see is the polar shift all the scientists we're predicting for 2013. :P

And by that I mean the Bears turn into a more offensive orientated team. The defense will still be there but I see more emphasis on the offensive side of the ball....And really all that means is a few new OL, a TE and maybe a speed receiver who can actually catch the ball. That might all spell the end of Urlacher and possibly Peppers but with the potential on offense I'm ok with that.

No way they go into a total rebuild when they're so damn close to being title contenders.

no need to rebuild the entire team, just the OLine and TE. I think we are solid everywhere else...just add to the already good D thru the draft and this is a good team.

Well lets face the facts lovie had a lot to do with that dreadful offensive line... he and tice assured that it was okay i'm not gonna put emery on the line for not drafting one last year... lovie gave his seal of approval and that was his undoing... emery got us a legit no. 2 wr and we don't know much about everyone. else. keep in mind emery played a part in us drafting urlacher... i personally would love to ssee the same magic by us going to a 3-4 and mclellin goin to olb like when url went from safety to lb i think that's why emery drafted him... he has a plan

Well much better to move forward than sideways every year. Time for a change and had the same needs whether Lovie was here or not. At least a fresh start could give us some offense. Like score some points. I dont know how Emery will do going forward, but one thing is for sure, he will take responsibly for he. No more holier than thou attitudes around here.

Well lets face the facts lovie had a lot to do with that dreadful offensive line... he and tice assured that it was okay i'm not gonna put emery on the line for not drafting one last year... lovie gave his seal of approval and that was his undoing... emery got us a legit no. 2 wr and we don't know much about everyone. else. keep in mind emery played a part in us drafting urlacher... i personally would love to ssee the same magic by us going to a 3-4 and mclellin goin to olb like when url went from safety to lb i think that's why emery drafted him... he has a plan

Drafts cant be judged for at least 2 and more realistically 3 years. Emery got thrown in to it last year with Lovies influence. Lets see what he does with a better perspective this year.

I think you pretty much nailed it...

I don't beleive for a minute, anyone thinks that it'll be plug n play and easy street to the SB next season.

Many teams do a modified rebuild. What I mean by that is restructure one side of the ball (O or D). Indy was supposed to rebuild with the departure of Manning- look at those immediate results! In today's era of NFL parody, I believe there is no such thing as a true rebuild. If upgrading the offensive line and adding some younger defenders is a rebuild than so be it.

In Emery I trust! The dude earned my respect this past week.

Until we get another SB, we haven't got what we wanted...

This move hopefully gets us there faster than waiting on the same old song & dance we've seen before.

Not sure anyone has said we're SB bound next season, even if Billicheck came to our team. I think everyone expects reasonable growing pains.

Until we get another SB, we haven't got what we wanted...

This move hopefully gets us there faster than waiting on the same old song & dance we've seen before.

Not sure anyone has said we're SB bound next season, even if Billicheck came to our team. I think everyone expects reasonable growing pains.

Well said...

You make it sound as if the Bears have to start over at the beginning, yet you are ignoring the 10-6 record.

The Bears don't have that many problems in comparison to most other teams. It's one of the main problems everyone had with Lovie: he didn't maximize talent.

Given the fact that Emery went out and got Marshall - who is probably the best WR in Bears history - I'm feeling confident he'll identify the issues on the team and address them.

LOVE this idea. And while we're talking about using players to best suit their talents, let's move Rodriguez out from FB, hand him the starting TE role right now, tell him it's his to lose in training camp, and go into the season with at least a threat at the TE position. FBs are not priorities for the most part. If we need one, I'm sure one could be found.