Manti Te'o is a disgusting human being

Bears4Ever_34

I don't know if you read the article that I posted in the quote, but here is an excerpt that pretty much explains my thoughts..

Not sure who this guy is writing this story or where he got the info. Or if this website is reputable. I will say the GF story seemed off when it happened.... I never understood why there were no interviews with her family, no pictures... Very little info ever given about her... I have read other things supporting Manti... Going to wait and see what unfolds

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who this guy is writing this story or where he got the info. Or if this website is reputable. I will say the GF story seemed off when it happened.... I never understood why there were no interviews with her family, no pictures... Very little info ever given about her... I have read other things supporting Manti... Going to wait and see what unfolds

The info is all documented in the article.

I'm normally the most cynical person I know, but there are reasons to pause and believe Teo is actually a target of fraud:

1) Why did he need more sympathy when his grandmother already died the same day?

2) The verb "met" is often interchangeable for younger people today.

3) For a devoutly religious person, it's possible communicate for quite some time before worrying about the intimate, the physical.

4) I doubt flowers would be returned from any funeral home.

5) Highly elaborate schemes like this happen frequently enough online that the word catfish has become a verb, and has spawned both a movie and a TV show.

6) No way Notre Dame goes all-in supporting Teo if they don't have at least some evidence.

7) Many families whose loved ones die do not seek notoriety or publicity - it's just that we expect differently a lot of times because of the type of society we have eroded into.

Having said all that, the one issue I have is with the communication is...no Face Time? No Skype? Teo is a college senior raised in the information age. Surely that would have come up.

The info is all documented in the article.

Documented from deadspin... Not a reputable source.. The other articles dont show up. The SI article does not prove anything...

If it turns out he was involved then I will be the first to say he is scum. He has earned enough respect from me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Answer me this, to all doubters. How does one receive letters from an already dead person?

Manti Te’o discussed Lennay Kekua in an interview with Notre Dame Athletics on November 13. He told the interviewer he received the last letter from her before the Stanford game on Oct. 13. The game was 31 days after her supposed death on Sept. 12. If we can assume he didn’t forget Notre Dame’s schedule, it seems he believed (or pretended to believe) she wrote the letters ahead of time? This story just keeps getting weirder.

[Video via @cfbsection]

UPDATE: Pete Thamel references these letters in this article from Sports Illustrated. Te’o mentions a specific letter before the Michigan game to Thamel and claimed Kekua’s brother Kainoa read it to him. Thamel’s article references a letter received for the Senior Day game against Wake Forest. Thamel claims Te’o was read the letters by family members before being emailed them.

Te’o told the Notre Dame interviewer the last letter came before the Stanford game on Oct. 13 (interview more than four weeks after that game). Te’o then told Thamel he received another letter from her before the Wake Forest game on Nov. 17.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/0...after-she-died/

Answer me this, to all doubters. How does one receive letters from an already dead person?

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/0...after-she-died/

It's definitely odd, but perhaps the person/people perpetrating this hoax acted as family members and forwarded along letters she had already written? It wouldn't be uncommon for people to pour out their heart and soul while withering away in a hospital bed from a terminal disease. It also wouldn't be unheard of for a family member to deliver such correspondence postmortem. Maybe the perpetrators said to him, "She would have wanted you to have these."

Based on the concept of "do the eyes tell the truth," (which may or may not be BS), he moved his eyes in a way that would suggest he's remembering something that actually happened. And that could support the concept that he was duped.

Perfect! Now the Bears can draft him in the fourth! Huge upside from that perspective. I don't give a shit about what he does off the field. Give me ball players.

Jason I knew I could count on you. With all the knuckleheads already in the league for me to pass judgement on a 21 year old kid that may or may not have made a mistake would make me a hippocrate. Even when I was in my 30's I did some bonehead things that I feel embarrassed about ,but I was still able to pursue work with no one asking me anything about my personal mistakes. So lets look at this in a realistic ND sports info way.What would bring the greatest attention to our university besides a national championship? Lets fabricate a story that is so heartwarming that T'eo would win the Heisman Trophy. No football players could come up with something like that because that is too far-fetched.So why not grill the sports info director at ND? Why would a kid from Hawaii decide that after 3 years at ND I'm going to conjure up a story about my grandparent dying and 6 hours later my girlfriend dies?

Based on the concept of "do the eyes tell the truth," (which may or may not be BS), he moved his eyes in a way that would suggest he's remembering something that actually happened. And that could support the concept that he was duped.

I have been to numerous IDB (Identifying Deceptive Behavior) trainings, Interview & Interrogation trainings, FBI Trainings as a police officer spanning around 150 Hours worth....

This website you posted is absolute garbage.

It's definitely odd, but perhaps the person/people perpetrating this hoax acted as family members and forwarded along letters she had already written? It wouldn't be uncommon for people to pour out their heart and soul while withering away in a hospital bed from a terminal disease. It also wouldn't be unheard of for a family member to deliver such correspondence postmortem. Maybe the perpetrators said to him, "She would have wanted you to have these."

Not if he is left-handed, then the direction is swapped:

*** A typical left-handed person would have the opposite meanings for their eye-directions.

I agree. This isn't criminal at all. If anything he could slip to us at 20 but no way he gets past 1st

I listen to the score all day and they provided lots of information. One point to make, after he found out this was a scam, did he continue to try to gain sympathy for a dead girlfriend? They talked to one of his teammates and he said they all thought something was fishing and every time he bought her name up in public interviews, they all laughed about we a good actor he is. If this actually was true, wouldnt he go visit her in the hospital when she was sick? He never visted her grave, in California when they played at Stanford. There is a ton of information out there, where he lied over and over, even after he told ND about the scam. sounds pretty self serving to me.

I have been to numerous IDB (Identifying Deceptive Behavior) trainings, Interview & Interrogation trainings, FBI Trainings as a police officer spanning around 150 Hours worth....

This website you posted is absolute garbage.

Interesting. I've only been to very basic briefings on things like that, which is why I said the website could be BS. Are you saying a person's eye movement has absolutely no relation to the portion of the brain they may be accessing?

Interesting. I've only been to very basic briefings on things like that, which is why I said the website could be BS. Are you saying a person's eye movement has absolutely no relation to the portion of the brain they may be accessing?

The website is not complete BS, it is just not that rudimentary. There is more to it than just the basics they showed there. It is just not eye's only, but tone of voice, body language, posture, etc. The best way to know is to ask similar questions, worded slightly different that should yield the same answer. Within the same interview you would be surprised how much a story that is made up changes.

To me, I think he was tricked, but then tried to hide it after he found out to possibly avoid embarrassment, but the story got out, and now it looks even worse.

If you're the big man on campus, you don't settle for some internet girlfriend you've never met for years on end. There's something else going on here. At the least Manti is either incredibly stupid or he has some sort of emotional/mental problem. Normal people do not do what Manti has allegedly done. Even the posters on here talking about the stupid things they once did would never have done something like this. In fact, normal people of any age wouldn't do such a thing period, much less ones who are also in the public eye and with so much to lose. If I'm GM, I'm going to be very careful that I'm not drafting a flake, especially at a high pick.

I will agree that though that if he was in on it, he didn't do it to try to win the Hesiman. As possible as that seems in hindsight, beforehand that would have seemed incredibly hare-brained to anyone also clever enough to pull it off.

I have been trained eyes can tell a lot.

Our brain has two sides: a memory side and a creative side.

If you ask someone, "How many people died on the Titanic?" No one knows the answer off of the top of their head...but watch their eyes before they answer. That person will go to the top of their head at some direction. Whether it is top right or top left- every person is different. That person will indicate to you which side is their memory side to answer this question. Lets say for example the person you asked this question went to their top right....they've indicated the right side of their brain is their memory side.

Now if you ask someone, "If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world- where would you go?" This same person who went to their top right to answer the Titanic question will go to their top left....they're going to their creative side.

Now this is just a simple crash course as there are meanings for every direction of your eyes. However, there must be other bodily indicators and how verbal is used when answering these questions to help indicate whether or not the person is being truthful. These indicators need to be timely and consistent when you obtain answers.

With all of that being said.....Manti is 100% full of it.

I have been trained eyes can tell a lot.

Our brain has two sides: a memory side and a creative side.

If you ask someone, "How many people died on the Titanic?" No one knows the answer off of the top of their head...but watch their eyes before they answer. That person will go to the top of their head at some direction. Whether it is top right or top left- every person is different. That person will indicate to you which side is their memory side to answer this question. Lets say for example the person you asked this question went to their top right....they've indicated the right side of their brain is their memory side.

Now if you ask someone, "If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world- where would you go?" This same person who went to their top right to answer the Titanic question will go to their top left....they're going to their creative side.

Now this is just a simple crash course as there are meanings for every direction of your eyes. However, there must be other bodily indicators and how verbal is used when answering these questions to help indicate whether or not the person is being truthful. These indicators need to be timely and consistent when you obtain answers.

With all of that being said.....Manti is 100% full of it.

It sounds like your crash course supports the basics of the website I provided. :blink:

Anyone who thinks he'll drop to the 4th round yet alone the 2nd is an idiot.

Take the whole girlfriend saga out of play. What I saw from Te'o was a guy that benefitted from a dominant defensive line and MLB friendly defensive scheme. To me, he does not look like 1st round talent. Being productive in college is nothing like the pro's, especially when your talent is maxed out. Sometimes when a player, especially from ND, gets media hype, it's easy to get an elevated opinion of that player. Time will tell.

If it somehow turns out that he had nothing to do with it, he is one of the most gullible human beings ever. This is something that went on for 3 years! A lot of questions remain. Doesn't explain why Te'o said that the two of them were soul mates and connected eye-to-eye, implying that they had met before. This, among many other things that he had said. This story is not over.

Breaking news is Touisospo(sp?). Has confessed to the whole story and te'o knew nothing. Now can we get passed how he is a wretched human being

He did not admitt to it fully. That's false. And if/when he does, it shows that Te'o is a dumbass. How do you fall for this for this long? Like Biggs brought up, this could turn NFL teams away. Why would they want someone who gets caught up in off the field situations so easily? He brought up that being so gullible can get him into a lot of trouble.