Te'o

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light and slow huh? Sounds like comments after the bama game....

Also underwhelming in the broad jump, which is a good measurement for explosion. Pretty much validates what I saw in the Alabama game. He struggles with the short area quickness needed to get off blocks and tackle in space. Pass coverage won't be a strong suit either, which is a big reason why he's not a fit in a Cover 2 similar system.

I'm fairly certain I could run a 4.81 right now, in work clothes, without any preparation.

Running that slowly shows an alarming lack of awareness and preparation right before the draft.

With a bum right hip, a bad disc in my lower back and using a cane it would take me longer than that to walk 10 feet. LOL

I would avoid him altogether, he looked really slow and sort of validated his play against Alabama. If he dropped weight he should've been faster than a 4.80.

That's the weight he has always looked tohave had. College teams tend to inflate stats as part of the hype machine. At that size and lack of speed, he will be spiralling down.

I may have only seen 8 quarters of ND football across a few games all season long (I made it through two in the championship game) but the 4.8 forty validates what I saw out of Te'o. He never had a play that made me say sit up and wonder who that was. In fact, if the damn media wasn't slobbering all over him before and after games I'd never have singled him out in any game.

Where's bowlingtwig to come and tell everyone here that he has no bias and we all hate ND?

Im right here and im stunned he ran that slow. At this point he would need an amazing pro day just to sniff the 1st rd. Im guessing he will fall to mid 2nd now. However i still believe he will have a good career

Im right here and im stunned he ran that slow. At this point he would need an amazing pro day just to sniff the 1st rd. Im guessing he will fall to mid 2nd now. However i still believe he will have a good career

I agree on him having a good career, he's an instinctive player but just doesn't appear he'll be able to perform well in pass coverage at the pro level. Folks were talking about him as a good 2-down LB and you don't grab one of them in top 20.

I ran a 5.22 @ 320 pounds(Outdoors)...if I cut down to 240 I could probably run a 4.8.....not that any of this matters at all.

so whats your point? If he goes back up to 255 for his playing weight, he runs a 5.00? The combination of off field antics, bad national game, and poor athletic showing puts him in the second round and if he is there at 2 for us, we have to consider it. He will not be a star but will be a starter in the NFL. Probably a good comparison would be Ray Malaluga? Starter but doesnt shine at the next level.

Marathon means nothing when talking forty speed... You are prolly in great shape... How old are ya and what was your best 40 time?

You're right on the first and the second part.

I'm a shade under 40, and just out of high school I was in the very low 4.5s. I'm still very fast. I officiate football and regularly keep up with D1 athletes. There are a few SEC skill players (the ones I was privileged enough to officiate) who did not outrun me to the goal-line on breakout touchdowns.

I would smoke Te'o in a race. And that is not good for his draft prospects.

You're right on the first and the second part.

I'm a shade under 40, and just out of high school I was in the very low 4.5s. I'm still very fast. I officiate football and regularly keep up with D1 athletes. There are a few SEC skill players (the ones I was privileged enough to officiate) who did not outrun me to the goal-line on breakout touchdowns.

I would smoke Te'o in a race. And that is not good for his draft prospects.

I've actually seen that before and it is pretty funny when the ref or side/back judge is running faster than the player in the open field at a full sprint.