Timothy Tebow

scs787

If Trestman is who we think he is? Yes. Maybe not significantly but when you add in what he can do with his feet and you throw in his leadership ability I think he would give us a much better chance to win than MCCown.

According to the media though we're not interested so I guess we can just close this down.

I would say it should have never been brought up, so closing it down is a good idea. NO,NO,NO. McCown is just a guy,we dont need projects to practice playing QB. Get him and play him at TE or something. Your a smart guy but you attach yourself to some bad talent. Tebow, Webb, jump on the bandwagon of some good players.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say it should have never been brought up, so closing it down is a good idea. NO,NO,NO. McCown is just a guy,we dont need projects to practice playing QB. Get him and play him at TE or something. Your a smart guy but you attach yourself to some bad talent. Tebow, Webb, jump on the bandwagon of some good players.

Amen

Just in time for this to be "shut down" but I think any ideas shouldn't necessarily be ignored. So this "circus" everyone keeps talking about? Who is it that fostered that? Tebow or the fans? In NY it was the Jets that were and still are the "circus". Until Rex Ryan leaves there, that is the way it'll be. The dude chose to keep Mark Sanchez as his starter and he (Sanchez) is as frustrating as they come. No wonder the fans were chanting for Tebow on a regular basis. In Denver, he played backup to Orton. Obviously a disparity in playing styles. McDaniels did select Tebow and eventually was let go more on his inability to actually coach a team, not because he chose Tebow. John Fox wasn't a fan of Tebow's....but how good is he at judging QB talent? Didn't he bring Caleb Hanie in as a backup at one point? He (Fox) has a manager that does know something in QB's in John Elway...hence the addition of Manning. Elway wasn't a fan of Tebow's either. So after Peyton made his way to Denver off went Tebow to the Ringling Bros of the NFL.

Now before I get flamed I am in no way making a case for Tebow to be the starter in Chicago. Just a backup....why not #2 or even 3? I mean, allegedly Trestman is this "QB guru" so why not consider it?

A few thoughts to consider before I close out. Tebow was voted #95 (of the top 100 NFL players) in 2012. A list voted on players in the NFL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828b...-top-100-player

And this: http://www.stableytimes.com/news/the-case-...nchez-for-jets/

Just in time for this to be "shut down" but I think any ideas shouldn't necessarily be ignored. So this "circus" everyone keeps talking about? Who is it that fostered that? Tebow or the fans? In NY it was the Jets that were and still are the "circus". Until Rex Ryan leaves there, that is the way it'll be. The dude chose to keep Mark Sanchez as his starter and he (Sanchez) is as frustrating as they come. No wonder the fans were chanting for Tebow on a regular basis. In Denver, he played backup to Orton. Obviously a disparity in playing styles. McDaniels did select Tebow and eventually was let go more on his inability to actually coach a team, not because he chose Tebow. John Fox wasn't a fan of Tebow's....but how good is he at judging QB talent? Didn't he bring Caleb Hanie in as a backup at one point? He (Fox) has a manager that does know something in QB's in John Elway...hence the addition of Manning. Elway wasn't a fan of Tebow's either. So after Peyton made his way to Denver off went Tebow to the Ringling Bros of the NFL.

Now before I get flamed I am in no way making a case for Tebow to be the starter in Chicago. Just a backup....why not #2 or even 3? I mean, allegedly Trestman is this "QB guru" so why not consider it?

A few thoughts to consider before I close out. Tebow was voted #95 (of the top 100 NFL players) in 2012. A list voted on players in the NFL http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828b...-top-100-player

I think it comes down to is if Trestman wants him not any of us, and I think he has stated , NOT INTERESTED.

I know me, and maybe Jason (I think he was on board in the past) will be the only ones on board with this but I feel we'd have a better chance to win with Tebow as our backup than Josh McCown. Tebow has TWTW, the will to win.

We've got the QB whisperer Marc Trestman who can (continue to) work on his mechanics as a QB and we can run the read option Trestman talked about which complements Tebows game. The WCO is also a good fit for Tebow.

Yes. It was me. I'm on board. He's a better option than McCown. This is not even up for debate.

And given the new staff's desire to run some read-option stuff, Tebow is a perfect choice.

Put another way, it's 3rd and 1, who do you want in the game? Cutler or Tebow?

What amazes me is that since we got cutler all of us have been banging this board for our FO to do something about the oline. Thinking if we protect cutler then the offense has a great chance at succedding while also keeping cutler clean and healthy. Now our FO finally goes out and does something to completely upgrade the oline and ppl are now pissed that we didn't upgrade at backup qb. WTH?????? Sorry but if cutler goes down god(tebow) won't save us. Neither will mccown. At least I know mccown won't blow up a locker. He doesn't have a circus following him around. If tebow were here u know that after the 1st into cutler throws all his minions will be screaming "tebow should start at least he won't throw picks". When my response would be "yeah but the receiver has no clue where he's gonna put ball cuz dude can't hit broad side of a barn". We criticize jay on his completion % yet with Tim ppl ignore all stats and says he has the will to win. Give me a flipping break. So your telling me Jay doesn't want to win. Sorry done with my rant

I'm not pissed about a backup QB. I'm elated the front office (i.e. not JA and Lovie) finally addressed the OL. It was, quite simply, the primary reason the Bears have not been able to make the next step. It was plain to see, but the experts decided against making the upgrade year after year after year.

As for the rest...what makes you think Tebow will blow up the locker room? If anything I'd say he'd help the locker room. People love this dude. Does he need mechanical work? Yes. Does he need an improvement in accuracy? Yes. But, then again, don't most backup QBs? Conversely, doesn't he bring attributes to the table that most backup QBs do not? Absolutely.

The plain and simple truth is, Tebow is better than McCown in nearly every possible way, and has proven himself to at least be a capable competitor on an NFL field. Ideally he would have had better success with completion percentage, but his upside next to McCown's upside is a ridiculous comparison. To put it another way, Tebow's upside is somewhere north of the middle point of the Sears Tower (I don't care what the new name is), and McCown's upside is barely climbing above the Billy Goat Tavern (regarding geographic height, not quality of food).

Yes. It was me. I'm on board. He's a better option than McCown. This is not even up for debate.

And given the new staff's desire to run some read-option stuff, Tebow is a perfect choice.

Put another way, it's 3rd and 1, who do you want in the game? Cutler or Tebow?

I strongly disagree, and 3rd and 1 I want a guy in who can complete a pass if needbe.

GREAT post. Tebow's time on the Broncos should be judged, not his time on the ridiculous Jets team. Why not Tebow as a #2 or #3? He competes and he gets a job. He doesn't, and he's gone. Easy. I have not doubt he'd beat McCown out of the backup role.

I strongly disagree, and 3rd and 1 I want a guy in who can complete a pass if needbe.

I'm guessing on 3rd and 1, with Tebow in the game, the teams load up on the run. Tebow can hit the short 5 yard pass pretty easily. He has trouble with the deeper developing throws, and even then it was more a matter of "trying to ensure the DB didn't intercept the pass" instead of "giving the WR the chance to catch it."

Tebow on 3rd and 1 and the Bears success percentage goes up significantly.

I'm guessing on 3rd and 1, with Tebow in the game, the teams load up on the run. Tebow can hit the short 5 yard pass pretty easily. He has trouble with the deeper developing throws, and even then it was more a matter of "trying to ensure the DB didn't intercept the pass" instead of "giving the WR the chance to catch it."

He has trouble with accuracy on every pass.

Why not just have Matt Forte in there as the qb with Bush as the running back then? I bet Forte is even more accurate on passes ;)

Thanks for the positive reponse. Kinda creepy, you and I agreeing.

So I'll say this, what you suggest here is more "gimmicky" and a good reason NOT to bring in Tebow if to no other. I would truly like to see him as a #2 or 3 and learn from both Cutler and Trestman (accuracy, timing, defense reads and all the things you mentioned earlier). Again, and as you pointed out, he wont be costly and if for nothing else younger than McCown.

A team gives $100 million to Peyton Manning with a neck injury.

A team drafts Geno Smith in the 2nd round and wants Mark Sanchez instead.

These were 2 scenarios where Tim Tebow was shown the door. The Broncos took a $100 million risk on a QB with 4 neck injuries and the Jets would rather try their situation with a 2nd round QB and a horrible, veteran QB, both over Tim Tebow. Now, I'm supposed to want Tebow on the Bears when the Bears' 30 year old QB with everything to gain in a contract year is about to finally be with an offensive coach?

Tebow sucks. No thank you. And plus, there is a 0% chance he is playing in Chicago next year. Case closed.

A team gives $100 million to Peyton Manning with a neck injury.

A team drafts Geno Smith in the 2nd round and wants Mark Sanchez instead.

These were 2 scenarios where Tim Tebow was shown the door. The Broncos took a $100 million risk on a QB with 4 neck injuries and the Jets would rather try their situation with a 2nd round QB and a horrible, veteran QB, both over Tim Tebow. Now, I'm supposed to want Tebow on the Bears when the Bears' 30 year old QB with everything to gain in a contract year is about to finally be with an offensive coach?

Tebow sucks. No thank you. And plus, there is a 0% chance he is playing in Chicago next year. Case closed.

You call these "supporting arguments" for your claim? In Denver, John Elway took a chance...and it paid off....with Manning. How is that an indictment on Tebow? Manning was done in Indy (incidently, they gambled too with Luck..and for now it looks like a decent wager). So someone had to take the "chance". He wasn't going to sit around and do nothing all year.

And anything substantive case you TRY to make about the Jets and that they know what they are doing, especially while Rex Ryan is head coach, is just plain silly.

I know me, and maybe Jason (I think he was on board in the past) will be the only ones on board with this but I feel we'd have a better chance to win with Tebow as our backup than Josh McCown. Tebow has TWTW, the will to win.

We've got the QB whisperer Marc Trestman who can (continue to) work on his mechanics as a QB and we can run the read option Trestman talked about which complements Tebows game. The WCO is also a good fit for Tebow.

count me in on that. The kid is a leader and i am sure he is better than McCown. If not QB, then i think he would be a servicable ST, TE or H-back of some sort. I would not mind having him on the Bears at all

count me in on that. The kid is a leader and i am sure he is better than McCown. If not QB, then i think he would be a servicable ST, TE or H-back of some sort. I would not mind having him on the Bears at all

He has turned down several times the thought of changing positions. So that's out of the question

You call these "supporting arguments" for your claim? In Denver, John Elway took a chance...and it paid off....with Manning. How is that an indictment on Tebow? Manning was done in Indy (incidently, they gambled too with Luck..and for now it looks like a decent wager). So someone had to take the "chance". He wasn't going to sit around and do nothing all year.

And anything substantive case you TRY to make about the Jets and that they know what they are doing, especially while Rex Ryan is head coach, is just plain silly.

Yeah, they gave an old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries $100 million. If Tebow was so good and such a leader, why didn't he stick with him? You act like getting Manning was a small gamble. You don't give that much to him if your current QB has any talent whatsoever.

Yes, using the Jets situation is valid here because his competition was a guy who is just as shitty, yet he barely saw the field there.

Yeah, they gave an old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries $100 million. If Tebow was so good and such a leader, why didn't he stick with him? You act like getting Manning was a small gamble. You don't give that much to him if your current QB has any talent whatsoever.

Yes, using the Jets situation is valid here because his competition was a guy who is just as shitty, yet he barely saw the field there.

But Brian what I'm talking about is in relation to a BACKUP role with a chance to learn. Allegedly from some "QB guru". Where has he had that chance? You are comparing what Denver needed in a starting QB to what I'm suggesting as a backup role. And who did they choose as their backup again?

Getting Manning was a gamble. What if got injured right off the bat? What if he couldnt throw the ball with accuracy after being hit? You paid $100 million for a guy that could potentially be an advisor. THAT was the 'risk' I'm referring to.

But Brian what I'm talking about is in relation to a BACKUP role with a chance to learn. Allegedly from some "QB guru". Where has he had that chance? You are comparing what Denver needed in a starting QB to what I'm suggesting as a backup role. And who did they choose as their backup again?

Getting Manning was a gamble. What if got injured right off the bat? What if he couldnt throw the ball with accuracy after being hit? You paid $100 million for a guy that could potentially be an advisor. THAT was the 'risk' I'm referring to.

1 thing all qbs that trestman worked with had in common is they all at least had the talent and he found a way to get out out of them. Tebow has worked with several qb gurus going back to per draft workouts yet his mechanics still suck. Can't hit broad side of barn and still has a super long throwing motion and I'm supposed to believe that Marc I'd so great he can do it Lol. I swear some forget how lucky he got. We saw it 1st hand. U cant tell me he caused dude to run out of bounds inexplicably. Or he caused dude to fumble or he kicked that 58 yd fog Lol. Go back and check out stats from 2011 with Denver. 7 games completing 10 or fewer passes. Actually had a 3 game stretch where he completed 20-46. What's that 1 really bad game from cutler. Instead all his tebowites can talk about during that 3 game stretch is that "HE WON" all 3 of those games. If tebow really steps up his game we are talking about what a 50% completion instead of 47% why can't we demand more out of our qb. If tebow is here we must win on defense and running the ball 40+ times per game. And if we fall behind at all we screwed. At least with mccown I know I can have him throw it 25 times.

1 thing all qbs that trestman worked with had in common is they all at least had the talent and he found a way to get out out of them. Tebow has worked with several qb gurus going back to per draft workouts yet his mechanics still suck. Can't hit broad side of barn and still has a super long throwing motion and I'm supposed to believe that Marc I'd so great he can do it Lol. I swear some forget how lucky he got. We saw it 1st hand. U cant tell me he caused dude to run out of bounds inexplicably. Or he caused dude to fumble or he kicked that 58 yd fog Lol. Go back and check out stats from 2011 with Denver. 7 games completing 10 or fewer passes. Actually had a 3 game stretch where he completed 20-46. What's that 1 really bad game from cutler. Instead all his tebowites can talk about during that 3 game stretch is that "HE WON" all 3 of those games. If tebow really steps up his game we are talking about what a 50% completion instead of 47% why can't we demand more out of our qb. If tebow is here we must win on defense and running the ball 40+ times per game. And if we fall behind at all we screwed. At least with mccown I know I can have him throw it 25 times.

Trestman worked with Tebow for nine days before he was drafted. If Trestman thinks something is there, we may pull the string. But, I doubt it...