Bears @ Redskins, 10/20/13

balta1701-A

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Redskins are trash. They are lucky they won. Injuries + bad defense + awful 2nd half officiating = win for them. But wtf was McCown doing checking the ball down on that 2nd attempt? You have one timeout left. THROW THE BALL DOWNFIELD. You have three receivers over 6'3. You probably aren't going to win anyways, but at least give them a chance. Horrible job at the end to take a sack.

If there is one thing I know now after this game is that the Bears are either a really really bad team w/o Cutler or they are, at best, a one and done playoff team with him. The defense is bad enough as it is, but the injuries make them one of the worst, if not thee worst, D in the entire league.

Bottom line, as I said at the beginning of the season, they had the talent to win 10 or 11 games this year if they stayed healthy. With injuries, they might be an 8 or 9 win team. It sucks, but that's the NFL. It takes a lot of luck, and the Bears just don't have any.

If there is one thing I know now after this game is that the Bears are either a really really bad team w/o Cutler or they are, at best, a one and done playoff team with him.

McCown had a 119.6 QB rating and lead 4 scoring drives in a half of football with out preparing to start. I wouldn't say the Bears are a really really bad team w/o Cutler.

The D was bad with out most their starters, that's about all I saw.

McCown had a 119.6 QB rating and lead 4 scoring drives in a half of football with out preparing to start. I wouldn't say the Bears are a really really bad team w/o Cutler.

The D was bad with out most their starters, that's about all I saw.

You really think he can hold that up week after week after teams get more film on him? They also won't be playing the Redskins defense every week either, so I have to take that into account.

You really think he can hold that up week after week after teams get more film on him? They also won't be playing the Redskins defense every week either, so I have to take that into account.

Maybe not, but I didn't see anything today that indicated that the team would self destruct with out Cutler.

Maybe not, but I didn't see anything today that indicated that the team would self destruct with out Cutler.

Agreed. McCown played smart and has a tendency to do that. All he needs are good players; Marshall, Bennett and Forte and he'll turn out fine.

My next "bold" prediction; Cutler is done in Chicago.

Agreed. McCown played smart and has a tendency to do that. All he needs are good players; Marshall, Bennett and Forte and he'll turn out fine.

I agree, Trestman was able to open up the playbook more with McNown, which leads me to believe either Cutler can't handle it mentally or wont handle it because of an attitude.

The offense had more flow and McNown was able to make better pre snap reads.

Yeah I think WCO plays more to the conservative approach. Which is not Cutlers style. McCown showed the team is not that bad off with Cutler out. He's not nearly the risk taker Jay is.

Forte put the team on his back and McCown played well and you have to tip his cap because he's prepared. It was also against a sieve of a defense and the Redskins weren't prepared for McCown which could help. If we have to go an extended period of time with McCown, we are in trouble.

I agree, Trestman was able to open up the playbook more with McNown, which leads me to believe either Cutler can't handle it mentally or wont handle it because of an attitude.

The offense had more flow and McNown was able to make better pre snap reads.

The offense did seem to open up a lot more with McCown at QB over Cutler, which seemed odd. They ran more screens today than they have all season combined. I don't know if that was the plan going into the game, or because they didn't want McCown to have to throw the ball down field like Cutler is capable of doing.

If Culter does not play another snap this year, I would say he is done. No way you can give a big contract to someone who can't stay healthy.

Peace :dabears