Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Mongo3451,

    There are many good players on this team, so let's fix it. My thoughts are simple and always have been. We start by fixing the OL. Spend two high draft picks on OL. Spend one on QB. After that, draft speed on D. Clearly, Nagy has struggled this year and nobody is looking at Helfrich. I suggest Nagy hire a more conservative OC to balance his mad scientist style. I believe Helfrich is not a counter balance. Then, Nagy has to listen. On defense, Pagano needs to find his inner Fangio on defense. We heard how aggressive Pagano is. I haven't seen it. Lastly, stop trading up. It rarely works and sends an instant message to the drafted player saying,…

  2. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    @patrickfinley: Interesting that John Fox today said Alshon Jeffery was overweight at times last year. @ianrappaport Jay Cutler met with #Bears personnel without his agent as deadline approached for guaranteed money in 2016. Team left convinced he’s the guy and are now considered fanboys @adamjahns #Bears coach John Fox said Shea McClellin will get first look at inside linebacker in 3-4. He said he was high on him coming out in draft.

    • 17 replies
    • 4.1k views
  3. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    The trade was made. Panthers are now on the clock Compensation update, per sources: Bears trading No. 1 overall pick to Carolina for: ?pick No. 9 ?pick No. 61 ?a first-round pick in 2024 ?a second-round pick in 2025 ?WR DJ Moore

    • 55 replies
    • 4.1k views
  4. Hi Folks It's about that time of year to run our annual TalkBears Mock Draft, if we have people interested. Here's the general way we run it, but I'm more than happy to change based on suggestions. You get a team, you handle their draft as the GM. We can decide whether we want to allow trades or not. You get 24 hours on the clock, so sometimes picks come fast and then there's a small delay. If we start in a couple days, there's probably time to get 2 rounds in. Sadly, no one gets to be the Bears this year, since they're pickless, but that makes things easier on me. Carolina also doesn't pick til the 2nd round, so we can wait on filling that one if you're interes…

    • 21 replies
    • 4.1k views
  5. Started by fenom283,

    Johnathan Stewart is a beast he is the Guy I really want in the first but after today I doubt he will last to us. RB is a must Benson is not the answer this guy makes us a dangerous team. I would carry 4 RB's and maybe 1 FB or 2 TE's.

    • 11 replies
    • 4.1k views
  6. Started by nfoligno,

    It is difficult to make any significant changes during a regular week. You can tweak this or that, but larger scale changes are difficult during a regular week, when you have to spend about 1/2 the week specifically game planning for the opponent, rather than focusing too much on internal changes. So often teams look to the bye week as an opportunity to make larger scale changes. Also a time when many teams make coaching changes/adjustments, which also affect scheme. Anyway, will we make any significant changes, or will we continue to say our scheme and game planning are fine, and that it is all on execution. There is plenty of history with Lovie to …

    • 17 replies
    • 4.1k views
  7. Started by scs787,

    Didn't wanna take away from the other thread so I'll start a new one. I'm cap illiterate so I was trying to figure out how much the bears would save if they cut him next year.... I read this on roto So to me that sounds like the bears save nearly 14 mill by cutting him while only being on the hook for a little over 4M right?

  8. Started by jason,

    So, the draft is over. We know where everyone was selected. Without imaginary trades, what do you wish the Bears would have done with the players available when they picked? 1st - Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin 2nd - Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State 3rd - Clint Boling, OL, UGA 5th - Quan Sturdivant, LB, UNC 6th - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama

    • 16 replies
    • 4.1k views
  9. Started by CrackerDog,

    Link Pretty interesting. They've covered a lot of ground and plugged plenty of holes already.

    • 17 replies
    • 4.1k views
  10. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    The 2009 draft started today and we had the #1 overall pick. From everything you have heard about, what you expect is our biggest weakness, etc., who would you take and why?

  11. Started by BearFan2000,

    I'm seeing breaking news reports that Aaron Rodgers is possibly wanting GB to trade him. Things have been slowly devolving there concerning his contract past the 2021 season. How crazy is this. Per Adam Schefter that Rodgers is so disgruntled that he has told some members of the organization that he does not want to return to the team. Curious what it would take. Wouldn't the Packers have to take a huge cap hit to trade him? I know his guaranteed money is all paid out after 2021 and they could even cut him (not that they would) next year with no hit. Holy crap what timing for that story to come out as the 2021 draft starts tonight.

    • 35 replies
    • 4k views
  12. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/ SOURCE: BROWNS PURSUING COWHER Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2008, 5:00 p.m. A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Browns have approached former Steelers coach Bill Cowher regarding the possibility of becoming the next coach in Cleveland. Per the source, the Browns are willing to give Cowher a contract worth $8 million to $9 million per year. Presumably, Cowher’s arrival would occur only if G.M. Phil Savage were fired or significantly marginalized. (Maybe Savage can go work for the Bills — or if all else fails he can root for them.) Cowher would want final say over perso…

  13. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    I'm going to guess that Leftwich is Tampa's QB. Rumors out of Tampa are is that whoever wins the starting job, the loser will get dealt in order to make Freeman the #2 QB. What would you be willing to give up to make McCown our #2, if anything at all?

  14. Started by BearsFan1974,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,4136759.column Newly elected Pro Football Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk had some choice comments about the Bears and the Mike Martz offense: "In this offense if you run a slant and a defender is coming down on you then you have to cross his face," he said Tuesday on "Chicago Tribune Live." "But every time I see Johnny Knox run a slant he goes behind the defender and you see an interception go the other way and everyone looks at Jay Cutler and says, 'How did he throw that pass?' That is going to be a mistake no matter who the quarterback is." On the quality of the Bears wide receivers: "I see no pure wideout.…

  15. Started by DGBears,

    I am very excited to see that we signed him as an undrafted free agent and even though his speed is put into question, id rather have a guy that can play football with a very high level of intelligence rather than have someone who is just out there to run. His stats look phenomenal and am looking forward to monitoring his progression.

    • 19 replies
    • 4k views
  16. Started by GakMan23,

    5 YEARS 35Million, per score

    • 48 replies
    • 4k views
  17. He won't be coming here though... https://twitter.com/RedLineRadio/status/1369345676484751362?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1369345676484751362|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbeargoggleson.com%2F2021%2F03%2F09%2Fchicago-bears-kyle-long-returns-nfl%2F

    • 1 reply
    • 4k views
  18. Started by AZ54,

    Pretty damning stuff but probably won't shock anyone on this board. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...SPT-bear15.stng ''Cedric has always been lazy,'' Haynes said. ''Cedric was lazy when he first got to Chicago, and I guarantee you he is lazy now. It's the work ethic that a lot of teammates didn't like. When I was there and things didn't work out, I always showed up and I always worked hard. I tried really hard, and I never complained.'' --------------------- For the first time publicly, Haynes acknowledged he was the source of a Sun-Times story in August 2006 that revealed Benson had left Soldier Field at the beginning of a preseason game agai…

    • 17 replies
    • 4k views
  19. Started by scs787,

    At this point, 19 days before the draft, the direction I'm going with the 1st 2 pick is replacing these 2 guys. Those 2 guys played the biggest roles for our beloved Bears who have yet to be replaced. You can say we replaced Izzy with Turk Mcbribe and replaced DJ Moore with Hayden/Bowman but I believe we could still use an upgrade over those guys. Mcbride wasn't able to find that much time playing for the terrible Saints D, Hayden ranked in the bottom half of free agent CBs according to PFF, and Bowman was relegated to almost strictly ST work. I'm really leaning towards Trufant in the 1st, I think he would offer the most value to the Bears next year and in the futu…

    • 26 replies
    • 4k views
  20. Started by Connorbear,

    See the article from the Sun Times. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/03/sc...ks_on.html#more Peace

    • 12 replies
    • 4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.