Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
So I’m perusing multiple media site; the growing sentiment is that this season is strictly about Fields’ development. Article upon article mainly focusing on his week to week growth. I’m starting to feel like the narrative is that a losing season is acceptable as long as Justin develops. I’m not sure this sits well with me. Pace and Nagy should be held for the collective performance.Nagy on delivery of yet another lower third offense, not acceptable if you are hired with a background on that side of the ball. Pace for continuing to ignore the trenches, which is the foundation for winning programs. I fear George is going to buy this storyline and just chalk the season up t…
-
- 36 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Most of you know that I deliver the Chicago Tribune and while I was delivering it I saw a little headline that said Bowman to get the nod, but I didn't have time to read it so I came home and found the article. Many of us were hoping it would happen and I think this is the coaching staff saying that they aren't afraid to make changes like we thought in the past. Kudos to Lovie Smith. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1143111.story
-
- 14 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Passing: Cutler needs 25 TD passes to pass Sid Luckman to have all the Bears all-time Passing records. During the Carolina game, Cutler (63rd) passed Bob Griese, Ken O'Brien, and Joe Theismann on the all-time yardage list. In the next few weeks he will pass Jeff Garcia, Jim Plunkett, and Jim Harbaugh. By the end of the season he will be close to 50th all-time in passing yards. Rodgers has 120 passing yards than Cutler. With 3 more passing TDs, Cutler will pass Kitna for 61st on the all-time list. He should break into the top 50 by the end of the year. With 38 more completions he will pass Ron Jaworksi for 54th on the list and will move into the top 50 in compl…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Haven't seen a poll in awhile. So where does Lovie's performance stand this year from a pure HC perspective.
-
- 19 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
HESTER HAS HURT HAMMY Posted by Michael David Smith on July 25, 2008, 7:23 p.m. Although Bears receiver/return man Devin Hester reported to training camp today, he did not practice, and multiple media outlets in Chicago are reporting that he has an injured hamstring. The Daily Herald reports that when Hester was asked if he would practice without a contract extension, he answered, “I have no comment on that.” But Hester did say he decided to end his brief holdout after Bears General Manager Jerry Angelo and coach Lovie Smith told him they thought they could make progress on a contract extension. “Progress was starting to move, and it was looking good, …
-
- 14 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
The 2-1 Colts come to Soldier Field as 2 point favorites against the undefeated Chicago Bears. No one picked the Bears to win in Atlanta, and no one is picking the Bears against the Colts. With the QB change (which was the biggest variable for the last 3+ yrs), this should be a good matchup for the Bears. Phillip Rivers comes to town and is a very turnover prone QB. I like our chances against him. In a way, our teams are very similar in composition. Vet QB that is not very mobile, young RB, solid WR's, good Edge Rushers, etc. If you do a player by player breakdown, I like our chances against them. I am going with Bears 27-17 and the Bears go to 4-0 with a decisive w…
-
- 45 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/ Now that was not too bright if you wanted to stay on this team....but I guess you have to do what you have to do
-
- 18 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Wit the name listed below as our own FA.....who do you think we need to re-sign. My choices are in Bold L. Briggs LB UFA E. Britton OT UFA J. Cain C UFA B. de la Puente C UFA J. Feely PK UFA D. McCray SS UFA S. McManis CB UFA J. Morgan WR UFA M. Owens RB UFA T. Scott DE UFA D. Sharpton LB UFA C. Tillman CB UFA D. Williams LB UFA
-
- 14 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
There's mention that SF isn't interested in Briggs. I figure it to be a smokescreen since they will get their hands slapped by the NFL soon I imagine. If true, I suppose it increases the chances of our singing him. They also mention the possibility of the Bears trading for Warner in their note on Orton. Sounds like an interesting possibility...that probably should have happened years ago, and not now. http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
-
- 11 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
-
Vincent Jackson to only miss four games if traded Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 16, 2010 1:56 PM ET A potential trade of Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson just got easier. Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Jackson will only miss four games at the start of the 2010 season, should he get traded anytime soon. (Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune also has the news.) Jackson remains suspended three games by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Jackson was also set to miss an additional three games after he reported to a team because he was placed on the Chargers roster exempt list. But the NFL and NFLPA met Thur…
-
- 21 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Just heard on the score that Jordan Lynch has a meeting set up with the Bears this month. There will be a lot of pre draft meetings, so here is a spot to let us know who were looking at.
-
- 30 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I touched on this in another thread, but wanted to throw it out there. I think most here (though not all) would like to see us consider OL in the 1st round of the draft, particularly if one of the key OT prospects fall to us. But this is what is bothering me. If our two key FA signings before the draft are both OL (Omiyale & St. Clair) how likely is Angelo to then take an OT in the 1st round of the draft? IMHO, signing Omiyale and St. Clair does nothing to take away from our needs on the OL. Both are solid depth, and players I would not mind in a competition for a starting job, but neither are players I want to enter camp as the set starters. Yet if we…
-
- 18 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Watching NFL Live tonight...saw that quite a list has developed on the FA market. Chris McAlister Dre Bly Sam Madison Leigh Bodden Drayton Florence Adam 'Pacman' Jones I wouldn't mind seeing one of the first three on the Bears, for the right price.
-
- 23 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Bears GM Jerry Angelo considers second-round pick Matt Forte a "three-down back." Beware Cedric Benson, your job is in great danger. "I felt like our running game obviously was one of the weak spots on our football team," Angelo said, referring to last year. "He gives us a big back, a three down back." Forte is going to compete to start right away, and he just may be the favorite. Source: Chicago Sun Times
-
- 13 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Have been reading around and hearing about some folks that "could" fit into the Bears plans. Nothing solid mind you just rumors. Names on the list: Berrian ( ), Carolina's Steve Smith ( ), NE's Logan Mankins ( ) , Alphonso Boone (this one actually is more true than not) and I even heard someone mention Jeff Garcia ( Any others out there? And I have a new candidate for Head Coach for those that are not fans of Lovie's. At the very least watch the video when you start second guess how the season is going.
-
- 21 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
They had the clown packers false starting all over the place!!!!!!!!
-
- 19 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Am I literally the only one who thinks giving up Orton was a mistake? I don't think Joe Montana could have done more with the hodge-podge set of tools Orton had available to him, eg Rashied "Arena-Hands" Davis and Marty Booker. I would not be surprised if Orton is a top tier quarterback next year under the coaching staff in Denver.
-
- 13 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
To work for Jeff Fisher in LA. Ouch.... http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/12...ars-back-market
-
- 16 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
Found this on another forum - a list of starting offensive linemen around the league and the number of sacks they allowed. Linemen get assessed 0.5 either for allowing an assisted sack on a solo block or allowing a solo sack as half of a double-team block. They get assessed 0.25 for allowing an assisted sack as half of a double-team. 2008 Bears players are in bold. New players for 2009 are in italics, although Chris Williams and Frank Omiyale are omitted, since neither had enough starts in 2008 to make the list. LT 1. Ryan Clady (Broncos) 0.5 sacks allowed (16 starts) 2. Michael Roos (Titans) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL* 3. Tra Thomas (Eagles) 2…
-
- 20 replies
- 3.8k views
-