Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by VenomSox,

    "That's right. It's where receivers go to die." "In the time Brett Farve has started for the Packers -- what's it been, 16 years? I bet the Bears have had 16 different starting quarterbacks. You got to find the right guy and stick with him." http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...8/10/ufl/1.html

  2. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    I'd love to see Forte have a 8-40/TD game. I'd also love to see Orton step up in front of Rex and to see Hanie play well again.

    • 21 replies
    • 5k views
  3. Started by Connorbear,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-08...,1115756.column Peace

    • 21 replies
    • 4.1k views
  4. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8220..._content_stream Falcons 34, Bears 14 Like the Steelers' offense, this Falcons group figures to become a more attack-oriented contingent. If Atlanta can handle Julius Peppers, Matt Ryan will riddle the Chicago secondary.

  5. Here is a screen cap of my conversation with Jeff Pearlman today. When I asked about if Connie meeting a mistress at the HOF was in his book (which it is) he blocked me. Connie has publicly come out and said that this event never happened. As far as I'm concerned, this false statement in his book and the fact that he quotes Bud Holmes of saying that Walter Payton abused drugs, which he also denies, tells me this book is garbage and full of lies. If you question him about his book, you'll get an answer. And that answer always seems to be "Read the Book" then comment. In other words, make his ass some money reading a book of lies, then tell him it sucks. Here…

    • 21 replies
    • 3.4k views
  6. Maybe I didn't pay much attention to it before because I never saw him play, but I just took a look at his numbers and was shaking my head as to how they equate him into Hall of Fame status. Somebody help me out here. He plays 7 seasons, only rushes for over 1000 yards twice, he wasn't that effective in the passing game, and only had 7 150+ yard games in his career. Matt Forte has already doubled that. I know they only played 14 games during that era and he did some great things on special teams but to me, Sayers numbers are not even close to Hall of Fame worthy. Is Forte going to eclipse Sayers as the 2nd best Bears running back before his career is over? That might actu…

    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
  7. skjensen The Patriots have given #Bears permission to speak to Jason Licht again later this week, at Halas Hall 15 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

    • 21 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. Started by lemonej,

    According to a few draft sites he is rated no higher than the 20th best prospect at his position.The scary part is one person compared him to Roy Williams. I don't agree with that.He is a decent route runner that I believe is similar to Earl Bennett. Thats not bad but thats not what this team needs.A solid go to guy with size and speed to become a constant threat on every down is what this team needs with possible game breaking abilty. I always use an old school approach to big ten schools and their skill position players.When they have transition to the pros what has this school produced at the pro level. Iowa has lagged in those positions but in the trenches on both si…

    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
  9. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    According to Joe Everett from rookiedraft.com, Alshon Jeffery is working out in Indianapolis. He weighed in at 250 pounds and he ran a 4.88 40. YUCK.

  10. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    1. The Bears are going to make a serious push at Vincent Jackson. While you might be saying "wow, what a great source you have," it's believed to be a potential upset inside the Bears organization if he doesn't end up as a Bear. They're going to make every effort to have him wearing a Bears jersey next year. 2. This isn't really anything new, but they probably won't be making a push for Mario Williams. Their goal is to add a former 3-4 OLB, like Kamerion Wimbley, as the DE opposite of Peppers, sign Jackson, and go after a veteran OL in FA. Wimbley made a little more than $9m last year, so look for his deal with the Bears (if he signs here) to be around $7.5m. 3.…

    • 21 replies
    • 3.4k views
  11. Started by adam,

    I thought this would be interesting to see where people think he is going based on the different situations. Do you think he should do a for-tv special like Lebron an donate proceeds?

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  12. i don't get it. this should be one of the most important free agents on the market for the bears since gaithers was signed by the chargers. it would make this team more than just a little better. also the center, chris myers, for the texans is out there along with wells from the packers. picking up a good stop-gap center would hold us over until we can draft his replacement and free up garza to compete for the guard position. these can't be cap breaking contracts from any of these guys so why are we dragging our feet?

    • 21 replies
    • 3.2k views
  13. Started by Wesson44,

    We we really dont have much left to do other than signing A. Okoye and Forte. We can also still look at an OT in Bell or McNeil or a CB maybe still look at LB with Hawthorne and Lawson still out there. We can be a great fast defense if we signed one of those two. I would think about Lawson and his speed and drafting Irvin with his speed then you have a strong side with two guys at 4.4 speed covering the TE and rushing the QB. We could draft and OT in the first RD, Trumaine Johnson CB in the second Irvin DE in the third Tomie Streeter WR in the fouth and BPA the rest of the way

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. Started by sulster,

    Sorry I can't add link from my iPad. Cbssportsline has an interesting article on the Forte contract talks. Makes you pick a side. Well I'm on the give the man what he is due. Give him the garaunteed money, since he did all that was asked for since being in the league

    • 21 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Started by Stinger226,

    Every time we think we are going to have a good year, they disappoint us.Every time we expect so little they suprize us. Is it finally the year where we play up to our potenial from day 1. I think so. We now have a more talented Offense to live in the present of the NFL. The defense is starting to slide some, but if we can get top 16 production out of it, we maybe will be talking 11 to 12 victories. Im not drinking coolaid this morning. The STs is always one of the best, so with an upgraded offense, good things could be coming.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  16. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    never woulda thought that.... oh wait Ya I completely did. I know its TC, never put any stock into it... But this will go down as epic bust

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  17. Started by Mongo3451,

    After watching the game on DVR, I was able to see a few things. DL - I'm not worried by talent anymore. I really like what I saw from McClellin, Wootten, Davis, Melton and Collins. Seems like we are going to have plenty of push from the interior. Peppers may feast this year. Idonije may lose his starting position to a platoon of Wootten and Mac. Damn, McClellin can close fast. OL - Spencer and E Williams were complete turds - horrible. Louis and Garza looked OK. Now the tackles. None of them looked all that good. C Williams looking the best of the 3. Carimi and Williams engage their assignment much faster than Webb / Williams at tackle. Webb is phys…

  18. Started by AZ54,

    I'll check out the game on NFL Network tomorrow but I'm surprised nobody has any comments yet. From the highlights I've seen it appears our Oline played well, not dominant but good enough to allow the playmakers time to do their thing. The Cutler to Marshall connection is definitely alive and well.

    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
  19. Started by Stinger226,

    They played on the SCORE today an interview with Tice and he talked about Carmi not being up to par yet and might have to rest him quite a bit. THAT IS NOT GOOD NEWS. With the great C. Williams as our backup OT , that is not good news.

  20. Started by bradjock,

    The last two years the Thursday night NFL Network games have been broadcast locally in the Chicago area (which has extended to Peoria) Pixote asked over the summer about viewing the Thursday night games and I told him it wouldn't be a problem. Checking the local listings the game is not on . . . sorry about that Pix. Any tips for how to view the game? Otherwise I'll be in the garage with the radio checking the computer for video updates and likely chatting here. I do feel for all of you who don't live locally and deal with this problem every week.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.