Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I sure do like what I see from Tremaine Edmunds. If he is in the middle, I think he can do a lot of things for us, and Fangio would know just how to use him. In zone defense, he'd be another Urlacher, and imagine how much more effective that would be when we arent in cover 2 all the time. In man, he clearly has the skills to stay with TEs and even slot receivers. In this day and age of college running QBs, he is a spy too. He has the speed and tackling ability to shut that down in a hurry. And hes long enough for pass rush and as sure an open field tackler as Ive ever seen. He would be an excellent chess piece for Fangio.
-
- 28 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
According to Fansided the Bears and Cutler restructured his deal on Tuesday freeing up $5 million in cap space. Spotrac shows his deal with a column called Restructure Bonus. See here for Spotrac: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/jay-cutler/ See Fansided article here: http://fansided.com/2015/03/25/chicago-bea...-without-agent/ I think Fansided may be wrong since this is the only place reporting it. Jay restricted his deal LAST YEAR at about this time to do exactly what Fansided is saying is happening now. So, I'm confused unless he's done the same type of restructure two years in a row.
-
- 8 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Fantastic. Still gotta take care of the Eagles though because from the sounds of it Rodgers is close and might be back next week.
-
- 31 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Sign Byron Leftwich- 3 years, $13 million. ---Angelo has already been public that he wants a veteran QB in here, Leftwich likes Lovie, and I don't know of another FA QB who could come here. Sign Mike Goff- 3 years, $19 million. ---Angelo goes out and gets the best OG on the market. Sure, he's 33, but he's still good and is from Illinois, which could play into his decision. Buh-bye to: Tait, Hillenmeyer, McKie, Vasher, Garza, and Miller. Re-sign St Clair (1 year, 2 million), Roach (2 years, 1.8 million), and Idonije (3 years, 10 million). 1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland ---Lovie loves speed and it's been made public the FO likes this guy. 2. Jairus …
-
- 14 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Per rotoworld.com Jacob Bell has signed with St. Louis. I really am starting to doubt Angelo's strategy this off-season. We can't fill every need in this years draft he is going to have to sign someone, isn't he?
-
- 11 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
ESPN and the Sun Times did a bit of Salary Cap work for the NFC North. Below are the figures for the four teams: Detroit: $26.8 million Minnesota: $20.4 million Green Bay: $19.09 million Chicago: $17.4 million These numbers do not reflect cap credits each team will get, including as much as $9m we are due to receive in credit for CB Marcus Hamilton. $9m for Hamilton? Wow. So we are looking at about $26M, and you can bet the others will be due increases also. What I didn't feel was mentioned much though was how each team is set up entering FA in terms of current players the team needs to sign. The bears have the following players due to hit …
-
- 16 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I had an interesting conversation from a person that spent some time with the team. I'm not naming my source, but... On Trestman: Knows offense like crazy. Runs an ultra soft camp. Players were actually lobbying to hit more. Some pleading to the staff that they needed contact. Practices lacked intensity. Offense completely dominated the defense. On talent: Cutler is a stud. Of all the QB's he's played with, Cutler was the best at running practice and making sure players were in the right position and accountable. Quoted, "dude is misunderstood", "good teammate", "leader I would follow", "hard worker". Marshall, Bennett, Jeffery and Forte are talen…
-
- 15 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
If we can sign either one of the two guards Moore or Boothe, re-sign Urlacher & Roach what do we do in the draft?
-
- 34 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
So Bostic over Brown, another OL, and Taylor and Allen. I don't mind Bostic, I just didn't think he would go that high either.
-
- 33 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Right now I am thinking it will look something like this: QB - Fields, Siemian (upgrade from last year) RB - Montgomery, Herbert, Ebner, Blasingame, Evans (upgrade from last year) WR - Mooney, Pringle, Jones, Sharpe, St. Brown, Newsome/Pettis/Webster/Coulter, (Harry - IR) (downgrade from last year) TE - Kmet, Griffin, O'Shaughnessy (push) OL - Reiff, Whitehair, Patrick, Schofield, Jenkins, Borom, Jones, Mustipher, Carter/Eiselen/Coleman (upgrade from last year) So the only position group to get worse is the WRs. Now if Pringle and Jones look solid, that may change very quickly. Without ARob there is a drop off at the top, but I think the floor for the WR…
-
- 38 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I read somewhere that Cutler is like 15-1 when his team (The Broncos) hold the other team to 21 points or less. Now if our defense contuniues like it has the last five yeares will have a great chance for many winning seasons. These are the scoring precentages over the last 5 years. 2004 Offense scoring per game 14.4, Defensive points allowed 20.6, record 5-11 2005 Offense scoring per game 16.2, Defensive points allowed 12.6, record 11-5 playoffs 2006 Offense scoring per game 26.6, Defensive points allowed 15.8, record 13-3 Superbowl 2007 Offense scoring per game 20.8, Defensive points allowed 21.7, record 7-9 2008 Offense scoring per game …
-
- 16 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Prospect A. (+)Has all the intangables and leadership qualities. Tough and plays through pain and takes command of the team. Strong arm and can complete all the intermediate routes. Decent mobility and can throw accurate on the run. (-)Doesn't shine at any physical aspect, but not poor at any either. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Prospect B. (+)Has it all from a physical standpoint. Perfect height and weight for a QB and can take a hit. Is athletic enough to avoid the rush and buy time in the pocket. Can make all the throws and has great arm strength. Makes smart decisions and doesn't turn the ball o…
-
- 12 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
How soon after the game do you think we find out weather Flus stays or goes? I would they gotta know at this point, just a matter of when they say it.
-
- 49 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
IMHO and i have said this ever since we have gotten Ron Turner that we lose because of the plays he call or doesn't call. Prime example we are in the RED ZONE three times and you never used OLSEN ..not one time on a mismatch. Better yet why not the 6'7 DAVIS. The run up the middle never got much so why not use the play action pass to Forte/McKie in the flat. Maybe the bootleg to Olsen instead of Clark.. During the game when the Packer were coming after Cutler...where was the dump off to Forte?And for those of you who say its Cutler and the defense that lost this game.....think about this. The Packers were deep in the red zone once and that was the int run back. Other than…
-
- 17 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I've been thinking about posting thoughts on the effect signing Cutler will have on the Bears. Here are my thoughts: Offense: The effect here is obvious. He has all the tools, mobility included. He'll stretch the field with his arm allowing Turnwer to call any play he wants. Forte and Co. will have more room to run, as a result of a softer box. Lastly, Cutler will have to accounted for when designing pass rushes, as he will dangerous out of the pocket. Defense: Lovie will be able to release the hounds in various ways knowing he has a QB that can put numbers on the board. Also, with an improved running comes greater time of possession, keeping the defense…
-
- 16 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
In the NFC, only one division essentially up for grabs. PHI, MIN, SF are already in with DAL as the WC1. NFC South 1. TB 7-8 (CAR, ATL) wins out or wins 1 and CAR and NO lose 1 each. 2. CAR 6-9 (TB, @NO) needs to win out 3. NO 6-9 (@PHI, CAR) needs to win out and have TB lose 2 Week 17 TB vs CAR is basically for the Division title. If CAR wins, they have the tie breaker against TB and NO. NFC Wild Card 2. NYG 8-6-1 (IND, @PHI) - needs to win of 1 of 2 to get in. 3. WAS 7-7-1 (CLE, DAL) - needs to win out, or win 1 and have SEA, DET, and GB all lose one game each. --------------- 4. SEA 7-8 (NYJ, LAR) - needs to win out and have WAS to lose 1 of …
-
- 53 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Alright, let me start by saying I realize we went into the game banged up on D and we took even more injuries during the game. I get that and it's a reasonable excuse. But it's an excuse nonetheless. I also realize we got three turnovers and the win, which is all that's important. Most importantly, we now have a week and a half to get healthy which should be extremely beneficial under the circumstances. With all of that said, I'm downright pissed off about what I saw last night while the D was out there. We got ZERO QB pressure without sending extra guys and our front 7 couldn't stop Jacobs at all. Third down was like taking candy from a baby. If it wasn't f…
-
- 22 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
I see a lot of the same names in the mock drafts, and for good reason, but since every year is a surprise, I figured I'd try to come up with a realistic Bears mock of guys I haven't seen much on, to see what people might think: 1) Bud Dupree, DE/LB, Kentucky - I think this is high, but I've seen more and more mock that have him ahead of Beasley, Ray, and Gregory, so if Fowler goes top 4 and the Bears go edge rusher, he could very well be the pick. 2) Quinton Rollins, DB, Miami (OH) - Defensive player of the year with only one year of college football experience piques my interest. Might be the ballhawking safety we are looking for. 3) Rashad Greene, WR, Florid…
-
- 15 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
1. MadLith- I love your posts, but today is a game that I could make an argument that Hester lost for the Bears. His presence did nothing today. The Bears never got great field position on punts because of him. He would've had a 0 yard catch but instead ran backwards for a loss of 6. He dropped an easy TD. Yes, he made a tough catch, but again, he ran on that kick-off, caught it, and went out at the 6. He's a moron, and if a team wants to give the Bears a 2nd and a 4th for him, be my guest. I'll drive his expensive, wasteful a** to the airport. 2. Is anyone still questioning Cutler now? Dude's a beast. It's a shame his career has come to this. He would've won a Super…
-
- 23 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
K, can we start using this guy more? What was the point of bringing him here if you're not going to use him? Nah, lets give more carries to our FB.
-
- 14 replies
- 3.4k views
-