Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
I think we are in for a shootout our offense wont be able to keep up with. Honestly was any reciever ever open other than Olsen? Cutler moved around and was able to connect with the ever smothered Earl Bennett and Hester wasnt much better. Can these guys stay on their feet when they catch a ball? Beyond the TEs and Forte of course, its not looking good to me. And please abandone the slant on the left side of the field, yikes!! One slight hint of hope was DA getting some separation, especially in the deep pass.. 1 foot to the right and it was a perfect TD throw . Oh well. Anyone notice how hester went back to normal influencing the punts? forget the few that were ins…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
Most of you know that I deliver the Chicago Tribune and while I was delivering it I saw a little headline that said Bowman to get the nod, but I didn't have time to read it so I came home and found the article. Many of us were hoping it would happen and I think this is the coaching staff saying that they aren't afraid to make changes like we thought in the past. Kudos to Lovie Smith. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,1143111.story
-
- 14 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I have always liked him. I wanted him when I saw he was available, and was thrilled to get him. I honestly never felt he got a fair shake, as I thought he earned his playing time, but was held back as he wasn't the ideal fit for Lovie's scheme. But due to injuries, he got his playing time and kept it. IMHO, he has been our most consistent DT, and maybe most consistent DL overall. He doesn't make the big plays others do, but seems to get solid push everydown, and is maybe the biggest reason our defense began to improve against the run after Dusty went down and Adams stepped in. Anyway, there is a pretty good piece on him, from him, in the Trib, http://blogs.…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
Jeff Garcia just got cut. Wouldn't it be a good security blanket to have him in Chicago? The guy has proven himself in the NFL, and I'm not all that impressed with the Bears' backup QBs. What could it hurt? Thoughts?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.6k views
-
-
My buddy and I will be in row 6 section 439 ...yelling our fool head's off! GO BEARS!!!!
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
The Bears had great field position all game. It really shows you how bad the bottom of the roster for Detroit is. We simply dominated on returns all day long. Peace
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=333919&src=148 Hell yes. Can't agree more, as I know Jason will agree as well. You just can not ignore OL in the draft as we have and expect to have a good OL. Adding FAs as we have, you might have a year or two in there where the OL plays well, but it will never see consistency. I would further argue against the FA route we have gone by pointing out the OL, more than most units, needs time to develop chemistry. When you add older vets who are not expected to have more than a year or so left, you just will not have sustained success. Even if Pace played better, he was a short term solution. It would be one thing i…
-
- 14 replies
- 3.4k views
-
-
Trade Hester and Olsen and use the value you get to upgrade the line of scrimmage. - Hester will never be much better than he is now and, at this point, he is at best a #2 receiver. He needs to be a slot receiver and I see Knox as the exact same player who is younger with more upside as a receiver. - Olsen is an ok receiving TE (should be much better) who is a horrible blocker. I would rather get K Davis on the field more. Further, it seems Cutler zeros in on him on every play. Peace
-
- 14 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
I liked his defensive style in Baltimore, and supposedly he is an offensive coach. Probly could get him for cheaper than some of the other guys out there. He's been to a Super Bowl. Check check. I'm sure there are some down sides that some of you may know better than I--would be interested to hear.
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...rs-offense.html Peace
-
- 14 replies
- 2.7k views
-
-
Seriously, could someone on this board be a better GM than Angelo when it comes purely to talent evaluation and drafting? With regards to the salary cap, let's just pretend that someone else is handling it on the team (even though I think LT2 could do a better job than anyone on the Bears). In regards to the draft only, do you think that someone from the board would have done a better job than Angelo since he's been with the Bears?
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
If BearFansUnited.org are successful what would you do? The family does not have the money to eat the contracts of Lovie and JA AND hire a big name (Shanahan or ???) to take charge. I personally do not fault JA for our problems. He brought in Cutler. He signed Pace who we all felt would be a great improvement over St Clair (little did we know). He brought in several other OLmen trying to beef up the OL. Was he successful, no, but he did make an attempt to fix a problem and I am sure he will address it again this off season. He tried to go after a #1 WR in Boldin. He has done a good job of finding players for our coaching staff to work with. The pr…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Offense has gone into hibernation Defense now letting the vikings have whatever they want and when ever they want. end result a valiant effort for 3 Qtrs and then we lay down and die. Favre is getting all this love, but the Bears are laying down now.
-
- 14 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
I think we can all agree our OL has sucked this year and has been a key problem for our offense. Many have screamed to build the OL for years, and w/ the OL so bad this year and everyone talking about it, it seemed like our wishes would finally be granted in this offseason. Now I have to wonder. In the last game against Minny, we saw a huge difference from the first game. Williams replaced Pace at LT, and did a pretty damn good job. I know he got a lot of help, but he also blocked Allen one-on-one plenty of times, and more than held his own. Omiyale was unbelievably awful early in the season prior to being benched. But in the last couple games, has h…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
I know we've been over this with a backhoe but now that the season actually is over what does everyone's crystal ball say?
-
- 14 replies
- 3.7k views
-
-
As much as this trade has flip-flopped throughout the season, it seems to be a draw at this point. The QB's performed fairly evenly less Cutler's interceptions. Ayers was pretty much a non-factor, especially for the 18th overall pick. Knox was obviously a complete surprise and made significant contributions as a rookie with over 1,400 All-purpose yards and 6 TDs. Both teams missed the playoffs, so there is no real winner yet. The Broncos do hold the Bears 1st rounder in next year's draft, but they traded their own 1st rounder to Seattle. Alphonso Smith, the player they traded their 2010 1st rounder for ended the season with 0 INTs and 14 tackles. Broncos 8-8 …
-
- 14 replies
- 3k views
-
-
http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/02/19/...&feedID=661
-
- 14 replies
- 3.8k views
-
-
I've seen mention of Taylor getting more carries than Forte, but I just don't see how that can be. Taylor last year with a great OL got the same YPC as Forte got behind the paper mache OL. Actually, this is why I'm not all that impressed with the signing...aside from it being a minimal concern in regards to other needs. On a semi-related note, does everyone think the prevailing theory that every team needs TWO top-line RBs is a load of crap? I believe a 30 carry RB is still feasible, and signing two starter-quality RBs is somewhat wasteful considering the team's performance and record last year which indicated glaring needs for multiple other positions.
-
- 14 replies
- 2.9k views
-
-
Okay, now that Peppers is our man, I think it worth talking about what side of the DL he should play. Peppers has played both sides. As I understand it, he used to play RDE when Rucker was on the left, and then moved when Rucker left, but moved back to RDE this past year. Not sure, but something like that. I have read before that Peppers is best at RDE. That isn't to say he can't play LDE. Not saying that at all. But everything I have ever read was that his best position was RDE, and even when playing LDE, the team worked to move him back, which they eventually did. Brown has always played RDE. I believe that is what he played in college, and throug…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.8k views
-
-
Just a what if, but recently while watching combine results on NFL Network I heard analyst Mike Mayock say that Myron Rolle will probably go somewhere in the 4th or 5th round. He is a "Safety" and sounds as though he could cover the position perfectly as the Bears would need. Pair that with his Rhodes Scholar title and desire to become a brain surgeon then I think the Bears could definitely be onto something. The article below claims he posted a 4.4 40 time, played at Florida State and his last name is Rolle. What say you? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/350136-...e-be-drafted-in
-
- 14 replies
- 2.5k views
-