Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0701-story.html Saw this yesterday. The most interesting part was the fact that New Orleans was intending to claim him and accidentally sent notification to entire league. The Bears swooped in and grabbed him. I don't know if he will make the roster, but the move was interesting nonetheless.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.5k views
  2. Started by adam,

    Here is what we have left, if we show any additional improvement, and get some guys back off injury, we actually have a shot at the playoffs, but the next 3 games will be critical. @ STL (4-4) - winnable game, STL defense is tough, and Gurley has emerged, however, we are better against the run than the pass, so this plays into our defensive strengths, and if Forte and Royal are back, we have great shot with our offense. vs DEN (7-1) - Denver's defense has masked just how bad the offense and Manning have been. A mid-November game in Chicago and Fox knowing a lot about the players gives us a shot. If Indy can beat them, we can beat them. I expect a close game, and w…

  3. Started by VenomSox,

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?po...;name=dickerson There's been no evidence -- outside of Plaxico Burress -- of the Bears looking for any additional help at wide receiver. However, the Bears may have quietly done some homework on free agent Matt Jones. The talented but troubled Jones, a first-round pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2005 -- admitted Wednesday his representatives have engaged in some dialogue with Chicago. "My agent has talked to the Jets, Titans, Bears and Dallas," Jones told 103.7 The Buzz in Little Rock, Ark. "Things are looking good. Something probably will happen sooner rather than later. We just want it to be a good fit and …

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. Started by Iguana,

    wtf? I dont get this coaching staff.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. at least. Fractured shoulder blade. 2-6 weeks. This 'could' help the playoff cause. "Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings DT Pat Williams (shoulder) will miss two to six weeks with a fractured scapula, according to head coach Brad Childress. "

  6. Started by Connorbear,

    http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-back-at-p.html Peace

    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. Started by dawhizz,

    I'm not a huge Peter King guy (his fantasy advice in particular usually stinks) but he does talk to a ton of people in football, so it seems worthwhile to see what he says about these guys. I find it particularly interesting that he sees Andre Woodson in the 4th-6th round. I know he's had a fall from grace, but that seems pretty silly to me. I also can't quite shake the possibility no one is talking about that Matt Ryan is there at 14. We've seen QBs fall in recent years, and in this case it would only take three teams passing (Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, unless Carolina shocks and would take him) since no one behind us would trade up for him. http://sportsillustrated…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    Okay if let me be the first to say that if we take Tim Tebow, a projected NFL FB, I'll puke and probably hop on another team's bandwagon. Now, if we suck, I want us to suck enough to get a top 5 pick, so we have a shot at Stafford or Crabtree. I wouldn't even shy away from Cushing, Mualuga (sp?), or Laurenitis. Thoughts, if any??

  9. Started by adam,

    Might mean nothing, but here are some interesting developments: 1. Loveland and Kmet both as "starters" 2. Jones over Trapilo at starting LT 3. Monangai as RB6, Homer still RB3 4. Duvernay as WR4, Burden WR5 5. Bagent as QB2, Keenum QB3 6. 3x DTs listed as starters (Jarret, Dexter, Billings) 7. Sewell over Hyppolite at LB 8. Stevenson as CB2 over Smith and Wright

    • 35 replies
    • 2.5k views
  10. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    Who else is with me tonight....Greatest high as a Bears fan had to be opening kickoff and Devin Hester returns it for a touchdown!

    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. Started by Daventry,

    I was not able to actually watch the game, but followed it on NFL.COM on play by play and have read quite a few articles. Sucks being in a place where you can't watch the game, but next week I will be watching on the big Sky.... In terms of Lovie, nothing much new here as far as I am concerned, I tend to think he may have been trying to ingratiate himself to Bears fans by going for it on the 4th down call. Overall I think the game shows, again, that he is not a smart coach. As does the drafting, personnel decisions, and public persona. I am heartened by the D, and Url's, performance. I don't like Url much, I feel he is an overpaid lout, but if he can get b…

  12. Started by balta1701-A,

    Link @caplannfl 4m Lance Louis agreed to a one-year deal, 3-4 other teams were interested, but it came down to the Dolphins giving him a chance to start.

    • 21 replies
    • 2.5k views
  13. Started by scs787,

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=10341389 He comes with a bit of controversy over a recruiting issue a few years back but luckily there's no recruiting that goes on in the NFL. Coached the NCAA sack leader Marcus Smith this year, was apart of the 06 Miami team that holds the all time record for least rushing yards allowed per game (67), and he coached one of my favorite non Bears, Vince Wilfork. Was hurt his senior year at Miami but was named an honorary coach. He's just 35 years old and looks like he can still man the NT position(he's a big ol boy). Said to be one of the best young upstart coaches in the college ranks. An entertaining fellow as we…

    • 16 replies
    • 2.5k views
  14. Started by bowlingtwig,

    Someone had posted about this guy but couldn't find it anymore. See what happens when I'm on the road so damn much. I read Wes Bunting's take on this guy and I just don't know what to think about him. I absolute love his size, speed and the fact he uses his body well to shield defenders but Wes also mentioned how the guy is constantly hurt all the time, he shy's away from contact and when he is about to get hit he takes his eyes off the ball, the major problem that I have is that his hands are good either. I think what Cutler needs, besides an Oline that can protect him, is a WR like Brown who has the size but doesn't mind go over the middle but more importantly he ne…

  15. Started by madlithuanian,

    Regardless if this is a PR move agasint the flak he got not signing eBay items at the bar at Wrigley Field, this is a nice move on his part. Kudos to Jay... I'm glad he's our QB and not the whining bitter old man that wants to stick it to the team that made him who he was... http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...gallery?index=1

    • 9 replies
    • 2.5k views
  16. Started by nfoligno,

    Wanted to tell of something that happened last night. I was up at the club (Lifetime Fitness) and there was this guy in the locker room pissed off because his phone was just stolen. He was really going to town on the guy who works there. I thought I recognized him, and asked at the front desk if he was who I thought he was. Sure enough. It was Michael Irvin. The playmaker himself. I have to say, after reading story after story, he is about as big of a jerk as I always read. The locker room has, you guessed it, lockers. You insert your membership card and pull out the key. So lockers are free and secure, but Mr. Irvin didn't feel the need to use one, and I …

    • 7 replies
    • 2.5k views
  17. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Wanted to point out that NFLshops.com has a 15% off promotion and it includes jerseys. I think it would bring the price to the mid 60's on a replica Cutler jersey. I'm going to have to get one soon (want a white one) as I need to back up all the talking I did which indicated I would immediately buy a jersey if the Bears actually acquired Cutler. Coupon Code: NFLcBQG Just go to www.nflshops.com and add the jersey or whatever else into the site and you'll be set.

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  18. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    I have to watch the game again but the linebackers play today was by far the best this season. Agree? Play calling ( defense ) was far more agressive today. Granted thier qb was strickly a pocket passer . Maybe blitz a little more but kudos for the D.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.5k views
  19. Started by nfoligno,

    Reading a Trib article talking about what to do if/when Pace is healthy. Article mostly seems to point to the greater need of finding out whether Williams is their LT or not, but in reading the article, Briggs makes the following comment. While he has been maligned for his play much of the season, he held up blocking the Vikings' Jared Allen solo before being hurt. I read that and just froze. To say he blocked Jared Allen solo is equal to saying, hey, Jonathan Quinn started at QB. Just because you point out a situation a player was in doesn't factor how they played. Yes, we did put Pace on Allen solo (still can't figure that one out) but Allen abused Pac…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.5k views
  20. Started by nfoligno,

    Sorry for the non-bears post, but crap. Snow is fun. We got a freaking foot of snow in the last 24 hours, and my kids are having more fun that I can explain. I am not sure I have ever seen more than about an inch of accumulated snow in Dallas, but we got 12 inches! I have to go back 30 years to when I was in Chicago to remember similar. And the best part. Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 50s, maybe 60, and sunny. Yea, that's right. We get a great snow day, and two days later can go golfing.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.