Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's Online (See full list)

  • There are no registered users currently online

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    1. Thank god this travesty of a season is 7 days from being over. 2. Is anyone going to begin to listen to me now when I say it's not even funny to make fun of JA always drafting DE's and DT's? They clearly need help there. Melton and Peppers are the only good players, and even they were MIA today. Toeaina and Idonije suck. 3. McCown was decent enough, I guess. Bell is a keeper IMO. 4. Williams played good today, but he'll be gone next year. I'm still on the fence with Sanzenbacher. Hester is a ST player who has looked like s*** lately (yes, I know he's hurt). 5. Bowman is horrible. For everyone who wanted Jennings out...happy now? Bowman stinks. Oh, a…

  2. Started by ChileBear,

    Just read this on the Trib site. About time!

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  3. Started by AZ54,

    It took me a day to shake off the depression and sum up the courage to watch the game again. After going through the first and half of the second quarter in slo-mo mostly to focus on line play and this is what I saw: Oline pass blocking: It's not all bad and quite often Cutler had time to make throws. On a couple plays the pressure could have been avoided if Cutler made a step or two in the right direction. Lance Louis is rapidly getting better and it was very obvious this game, one way you can know that is because you never heard Darnell Dockett's name. I'm not saying he is where he needs to be but at this rate he'll get there and he may end up our best line…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    Caught this nugget out of a David Haugh article:

  5. Started by nfoligno,

    Got some tid bits from ESPN Chicago Blog - Due to some injuries, Bullocks started at FS and Afalava at SS. Per the reports, both played well, which may not mean a lot in terms of starting, but is a nice sign regardless. Also reading a lot of good about Afalava, who missed OTAs due to school, but is quickly learning and making an impression. - Jamar Williams got snaps at SLB, and may factor in the competition, which I don't think many expected. I have read Roach and Pisa have done well, but it could be that much more interesting if Williams is getting a legit look there. - Read this little tid bit about Beekman, which I have to say, is a surprise, Th…

  6. Started by jason,

    I hate to see the Bears lose as much as the next guy, but I also had the midlevel record that always gets the Bears a midlevel draft pick. If Cutler doesn't come back this year, and they have a good idea he won't, do you even want the Bears to make the playoffs? I don't. They'll get embarrassed, and likely a worse draft pick.

  7. Started by adam,

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Akms...o&type=lgns Takes some mystery out of the first pick.

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. Started by ASHKUM BEAR,

    What would it take to make the Bears Super Bowl contenders? I don't consider this coming season a great possibility, but lets say 2016 working within realistic means. Come draft day and FA, what moves would bring Chicago the Lombardi? What players need to emerge? My thoughts: Long transcends to OT and the oline play improves Cutler emerges with his surrounding talent and becomes a top 10-12 QB Chicago develops a strong running game behind Forte and Langford Defensively, they have the biggest hill to climb but Ego, Goldman, and Ratliff become a solid front McPhee was a hidden gem and becomes a monster in the pass rush Fuller builds on a solid rookie ca…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  9. Started by nfoligno,

    OLB Calvin Pace just signed w/ NYJ. 6yr/$42m w/ a $20m SB. Like Adalius Thomas, Pace was seen as an OLB in a 3-4 that can generate a pass rush, as well as play OLB. I realize Briggs could not have fit, but he can not be happy about this. Once again, I use this as evidence Harris better not over-play his hand. IMHO, a big reason the market was not there for Briggs is because he plays in a system that caters to his position, thus putting into question his ability to play in any system. Also, his value in a 3-4 is really questioned, as he never showed much of a pass rushing potential in Chicago. IMHO, Harris does not fit every team, and frankly, I am not…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. This is something I can't remember anyone bringing up before (which means it's probably been brought up 1000 times.) But as we talk about bringing in impact players, our history would indicate that we wouldn't give a rookie the chance to play. Yes it's happened before with this staff but only when there was nobody else available (Kyle Orton & Trumaine McBride). Probably the most blatant examples of this were how long it took us to get Hester involved during the 2006 season. Hell, the season was half-way over before we let him start returning kick-offs. Not to mention the way Greg Olsen often dissappeared this year. This theory could also explain why we n…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.4k views
  11. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Achillies injury. Great show this year Mr Young. Looking forward to seeing you back bext year and getting your buddy Suh to join you. And while I'm plugging: looking forward to the return of Allen too.

  12. http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/pages/blog_moon Friday, December 18 CSNChicago.com has learned, in the strongest terms to date, that Lovie Smith indeed will be back as Bears coach in 2010. That has been my take of the situation for some weeks before this. Now two highly placed individuals within the organization have separately indicated that there will not be a change at the top of the on-field org chart, due in some measure to the looming prospect of a strike/lockout. The same assurances were not there with respect to changes on the staffs for offense and defense. Don’t look for any announcement one way or the other, by the way. Organizations typ…

  13. Started by Bears4Ever_34,

    I just got the game yesterday and I have to say I have mixed feelings about the game. I haven't yet experienced everything the game has to offer but to comment on the gameplay itself, I think it took a minimal step up from last year. I like how much faster the game feels now compared to last years. The whole acceleration thing is great because it gives guys like Chris Johnson and AP an advantage over some of the average RB's because of there abilities to get to top end speed quicker than most. The animations are not too much different. They added a new sideline animation and a few RB animations when they are being hit but overall I feel like this is still lacking the real…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Started by GakMan23,

    BEARS HIRE HOKE TO COACH SECONDARY Posted by Aaron Wilson on January 13, 2009, 12:01 p.m. The Chicago Bears announced today that they have hired former Houston Texans assistant Jon Hoke as their new secondary coach, replacing Steve Wilks. Hoke coached the Texans’ defensive backs for the past seven seasons after a three-year stint as the University of Florida’s defensive coordinator/secondary coach. Hoke held the title of assistant head coach during his final two years in Gainesville, Fla. He also has coached at Missouri, Kent State, Bowling Green and San Diego State The new job brings Hoke back to the Windy City where the former Ball State player playe…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.4k views
  15. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...for-the-season/

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  16. Started by scs787,

    http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-can-force-thes...dium=socialflow Some of you old school guys probably won't like it, but I personally would love it. I don't have HBO at the moment but I'd definitely opt to get it if it means I got to watch the inner workings of the Bears. Maybe we can see why the Bears like Tucker so much lol.

  17. Started by bradjock,

    I don't know who that is. We still have like 59.5 million to spend.

    • 16 replies
    • 2.4k views
  18. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    any thoughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUezmvDik4A

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  19. Started by Wesson44,

    If I was the GM I would go after V.Jackson or D. Bowe then draft either one of these three in the first or second Randle (6-4, 210), Floyd (6-3, 225) and Jeffery (6-4, 230), then focus on the line and secondary. Well Forte will get paid first and then TE Davis I would keep. That will give the Bears a real height advantage for Jay in the red zone

  20. Started by ChileBear,

    KFFL reports that the Raiders will sign Barnes. And one more FA option gone.

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.