Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by Stinger226,

    I use to bowl in a league once. We had a lot of friends come by and drank. The SERIOUS bowlers asked us to leave the league because we didnt take it serious enough. The point is I try to have fun in almost everything I do. I make comments that are meaningful and sometimes someone will say something that annoys me. So I jack with them. I add serious content to this blog all the time, and sometimes make stupid statements. When I do that I get called on the carpet and have no problem with that. There are a lot of informed people on here and enjoy all that it brings. Everybody on here cat calls other posts and that is part of the fun of this thread. The only problem I have …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. Started by Wesson44,

    Patriots | McGowan agrees to terms Comment (0) Tue, 05 May 2009 07:40:21 -0700 John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the New England Patriots have agreed to terms with free-agent FS Brandon McGowan (Bears) on a two-year contract, according to a source. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. Started by Wesson44,

    RD 1 Floyd/Hill WR RD 2 Kelechi Osemele OG/ Zebrie Sanders OT RD 3 Trumaine Johnson CB/S RD 4 Irvin DE/OLB RD 5 Andrew Datko OT RD 6 Kheeston Randall DT RD 7 Justin Bethel CB

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Started by Wesson44,

    The Bears have signed practice squad RB Armando Allen to their active roster. Terms of the contract were not disclosed. they also placed RB Lorenzo Booker on IR and waived LB Patrick Trahan.

  5. Started by BearFan PHX,

    Surprised no one said anything about this. I know it's fun to play monday morning GM, and for many years (decades!) it's actually been possible that we knew better than the actual guys at Halas Hall making the decisions. And for a professional sports franchise, that is actually insane. I am glad to say that we are now many levels below the decision makers for the Bears, and the entire league sees what a great job he's done. https://www.chicagobears.com/news/pace-receives-nfl-executive-of-year-award

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Started by defiantgiant,

    Apparently LSU's left tackle, Ciron Black, still hasn't signed with anybody. I have no idea why the Bears aren't on the phone with him right now. His lack of agility and range means he's not a left tackle in the pros, but he could project to either right tackle or guard. The guy is seriously durable and consistent (made 53 starts for LSU,) and he's a good run-blocker with enough size/strength to help in the run game. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to hold up in pass-protection at left tackle, but as a developmental guard or right tackle prospect, he seems like he'd have a ton of upside.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Started by Bill,

    Now that we know what the Bears roster will look like what are your expectations for the season. I will be surprised if they are less that 9-7. They have retooled their entire offense. Not one of their top four wide receivers and tight end were on the team last year. And they played in an offense that was stuck in the forty's. You bring back a defense that was a top ten with two new young players in Smith and Mack. A new head coach who is suppose to be cutting edge on not only scheme but also play calling. How does that not translate to four more wins? I know we're in a tough division but what do the Lions really have. And take away Rodgers and the Packers are b…

  8. Started by jason,

    I don’t care who this guy is, what his potential is, or anything else about him. Cut him tonight. How does an OLineman jump when the entire play is designed to NOT MOVE?! Cut him tonight.

    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. Started by Grouchy Bear,

    What comes first agency signings or the draft ? Also what are some of the better mock draft sites ? Happy New year !

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Started by Pixote,

    An opening has come up in TalkBears FFL #3 I posted this in the TalkBears Fantasy Forum and thought I would throw it out here also. Anyone interested? League drafts Friday August 22 at 8:30 PM FREE - NO ENTRY FEE Email me at j.w.sheridan@comcast.net if interested or respond to this post and I will send you a private message with signup instructions. Probably easier if you email me so I can send an invite direct from Yahoo. You would be competing against: Sulster NeoBear Buzzman Bowlingtwig LT2_3 Nfolingo Titon34 MadLithuanian Pixote

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Started by adam,

    Anyone interested in doing a community Mock Draft? We did one a few years ago and it was pretty successful. We can each pick a few teams and start picking until the draft starts and go as far as we can go.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/...ebackers-coach/ Bears name Clint Hurtt outside linebackers coach Posted by Josh Alper on January 27, 2015, 4:04 PM EST Chicago Bears v Carolina Panthers Getty Images The Bears have brought several of John Fox’s assistants to Chicago from Denver since hiring Fox as their head coach, but one member of the 2014 staff will be sticking around. Clint Hurtt was the defensive line coach in 2014 and will remain on the staff in 2015 as the team’s outside linebackers coach. The position is usually found on staffs running a 3-4 defense, which isn’t what the Bears ran last season but is likely to be at least part of the…

  13. Started by adam,

    This is not an all-inclusive list, but most of the names that have started at least a few games and are under 30: Ryan Mallet, 26 Jake Locker, 26 Christian Ponder, 26 T.J. Yates, 27 Jimmy Clausen, 27 Mark Sanchez, 28 Colt McCoy, 28 Matt Flynn, 29 Brian Hoyer, 29 Any of those guys interest you?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    This is more a story of levity while we head into week 4 against the Lions. So you recall a few weeks ago we were discussing Fangios recent 'call out' of Leonard Floyd? And how some thought it might have been a bit harsh? Apparently Coach Fox was out with a bug yesterday and Fangio took on the un-enviable task of talking to the media about various things. The particular subject at hand was the health of Jay Cutler. "After answering questions for more than 10 minutes about the Bears defense, Fangio was asked if he had an update to give on the health of quarterback Jay Cutler. "No, I don't have an update to give you," Fangio said. "Want me to make one up?" …

  15. Started by AZ54,

    http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency 2/1: Carson Palmer has moved his family out of Arizona and sold his home. - Mike Jurecki, FOX Sports Palmer hinted at retirement, and this is an even stronger sign. Palmer could still return for one year, but no one should be surprised if he hangs up his cleats. -Walter 2nd source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/...out-of-arizona/ I said it before but Bruce Arians does not have the time before he wants to retire (or has to due to health issues) to rebuild with one of these rookie QBs. If Palmer is done he'll want someone who can play now. He's got two options: Romo and Cutler. Romo's con…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  16. Started by Stinger226,

    I went over 5 big boards on websites I like , example: GBND and draft countdown, Bleacher report-Matt Miller At 87 here are some draft picks I think we are interested in M, Jordan /OG M. Crosby/EDGE T. Howard/OT D. Singletary /RB D. Montgomery/RB M. Dieter/OG D. Knox/TE J. Oliver/TE Evans/OT D. Savage/S A. Hooker/SS-CB B. Benzschawale I. Johnson/CB At pick 126 J. St…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
  17. Started by Pixote,

    Buffalo released veteran OG Quinton Spain. He excels at protecting the QB (allowed ZERO sacks in 2019) Struggles in run blocking. Being the Offense leans towards the pass, and few OGs are strong in both the run & pass, would it be worth it for the Bears to consider this guy? He's young. A veteran with experience. I say yes. Bills release Quinton Spain seven months after signing veteran OL to extension

  18. Started by Uncle Buck,

    Okay, it’s only been three games, but what do you think McCaskey is looking for in evaluating this team? Into year 4 I’d say there should have been a significant identity established on offense. From a personnel standpoint and this I have no insight at all as I’m not present at the Halas Hall offices, is George expecting greater agility in responding to roster results? I’m trying hard not to throw in the towel but I’m also keenly aware that the early results are not in Nagy/Pace’s favor.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  19. Started by adam,

    Miller had back to back games with 6 targets against BUF and DET, but has tailed off the last few weeks to zero against GB, only 1 against LAR, and 2 against NYG. I know the team spreads the ball around but only 3 targets the last 3 weeks seems odd compared to his production earlier in the year. The only change that I can see is having him return kickoffs. What do you think? Injury? Lack of grasping the offense? Pass Pro? He was looking like a true playmaker but now seems like an afterthought in the offense. Very interesting amid the team success. He has 5 TDs, so he produces when given the chance.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  20. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    I like the rationale especially with all the talk of Mario Williams. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...avid-hawthorne/

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.