Who's Online (See full list)
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Team Picks Pool KC 12 $8,221,790 ATL 11 $7,918,670 MIA 9 $6,538,400 STL 8 $5,997,510 CHI 12 $5,791,190 http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...ce=NFLHeadlines
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
Knee injury - see the bottom of the article. Peace http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,6379081.story
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Picture of the hit, still looks brutal: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7798460.story Per Rotoworld: The brace: http://lockerz.com/s/180054663 I doubt he plays in 2012 or ever returns to form after something like that. Ouch, video:
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
We're just more than a week out from the start of training camp. Scout.com has a good article on potential surprise cuts. Some on their list I'd say wouldn't be a surprise and have been discussed here during the offseason (i.e. Carey). http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/15632...-cut-candidates I think Bostic is on the bubble big time. I don't know if he's healthy yet but he has a lot of catching up to do. Aside from that when you go back and recall who Fangio said he felt he could build his defense around Bostic name was pushed aside for players like SMC and Jones. Missing an entire offseason of practices is not helpful for a player like Bostic who d…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
-
-
Man, the national media is ridiculous. Over the past few weeks, I have heard multiple media outlets questioning Langford and the Bears rushing attack RBBC. However, I heard today (on Sirius) them talking about how Matt Jones is going to have a breakout year. That got me thinking of the comparisons between the Bears and Redskins, they both lost their veteran RB's and replaced them with younger backs both drafted in 2015. Interestingly enough, Jones was selected 11 picks before Langford. Here is their production from last year: Matt Jones 144-490, 3.4, 3 TD, 19 REC, 304 YDS, 1 TD, 4 FB Jeremy Langford 148-537, 3.6, 6 TD, 22 REC, 279 YDS, 1 TD, 0 FB Actu…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
No sweat for us...but comeon' NFL get ur heads outta ur asses
-
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Seems clear we're taking a QB in this draft, we just don't know how early. I'd say 3rd Rd is a possibility and 4th Rd is most likely. I took a look at some film on a few of the prospects that are off the beaten path (i.e. not named Hogan or Prescott): Brandon Allen... I've seen a few people praise him as a solid backup QB candidate with a long career ahead of him. I see good pocket awareness and ability move around to avoid pressure. He's mobile enough to bootleg and can throw well enough on the run. I'd like to see him throw with more anticipation as he usually is waiting for guys to make their break and then be open. He's accurate and arm strength is good en…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I will not deny it, I'm elated with the direction the Bears are going with front office, coaching and personnel; I have high expectations for this season. http://blog.chicagobears.com/2013/07/31/of...ig-in-red-zone/ Offense comes up big in red zone Posted by Larry Mayer on July 31, 2013 – 5:45 pm The Bears defense boasts several talented Pro Bowlers. But the unit could have used a step ladder or an NBA power forward during a red-zone drill late in Wednesday’s practice. Taking advantage of a size differential, Jay Cutler threw touchdown passes to 6-3 receiver Alshon Jeffery, 6-4 receiver Brandon Marshall and 6-6 tight end Marte…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ck-of-pressure/
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I am really looking forward to this match up today. I respect Suh's physical ability but I comes across as a bully. Did the Bears draft Long in mind of playing the Lions twice a year. It would be great to see him locked one on one and kick is safe. I think Long 's strength and agility with is nastiness could end up with Suh taking cheap shots and being ejected because the bully boy won't have his own way.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
One year, $7M, $5.5M guaranteed. Too rich for us.
-
- 16 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Per Rapaport - Bears signing TJ Edwards to a 3yr Deal; Upgrades the LB corps; Believe he played MLB.
-
- 21 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
2006 47 Punt Returns - 3 TD, 0 Receptions - 0 TD 2007 42 Punt Returns - 4 TD, 20 Receptions - 2 TD 2008 32 Punt Returns - 0 TD, 51 Receptions - 3 TD 2009 24 Punt Returns - 0 TD, 57 Receptions - 3 TD 2010 9 Punt Returns - 1 TD, 6 Receptions - 1 TD He is much more explosive and valuable to the team as a returner first and WR second. In 2008 and 2009 when he was a WR first, all those extra touches resulted in less scores than when he was a PR first. This year is the same, more punt returns than receptions, and 2 TDs in 3 games total. Also, I am not even taking into account KRs. I don't know if this is something they are doing with h…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4307...ion-groups?pg=2 Looks about right. I think I'd have Washington lower on that list though just because RGIII is out.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Tebow will never be a great QB in the league, but he does have traits that other players are lacking like size, leadership, and morality. I know it's a down time, so I figured I'd throw this up there. What player if they only had a Tebow trait could have been became top players in the league. Quick examples off the top of my head, Jeff George with leadership, Doug Flutie with Size, or Hernandez with morality or whatever. This isn't because I am a Tebow fan. I saw an article about Strawberry wishing he was more like him. It just made me think of all the players that were missing one thing from being great.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
When it comes to charting Cowher's career, don't bet against Bettis Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2010 7:14 PM ET Rosenthal posted earlier tonight the eye-opening comments from former Steelers running back Jerome Bettis regarding his belief that former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is waiting for the Giants job to come open. And Bettis has a high degree of credibility in these matters. He was one of the first to proclaim with any degree of fact that 2006 would be Cowher's last season with the Steelers. "I really think this is the last year for Coach Cowher in Pittsburgh," Bettis said at halftime of an NBC preseason game between the Redskins and the Beng…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
A very interesting press conference from Fields today, with a lot of points. In a nutshell, Fields said that he's being coached too much, and needs to play from his instincts more. At first this sounded like making excuses, or throwing the coaches under the bus. Don't be surprised if that's the narrative that sports writers take from this press conference, and it blows up into a media thing. But if you listen closely, especially as he clarifies what he means, he's saying that he himself is thinking too much and trying too hard to do everything the way the coaches want him to. And it's not so much that they're wrong, as that when the reality of the play happens, …
-
- 14 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...pect-and-trust/ Marc Trestman wants to create a culture of respect and trust Posted by Darin Gantt on August 6, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT Martellus Bennett, Marc Trestman AP The Bears didn’t attach a time frame to tight end Marcellus Bennett’s suspension for slamming a teammate to the ground in practice, so today was just another day in day-to-day. But Bears coach Marc Trestman said Wednesday the goal of the conversations about sitting his starting tight end was deeper than a simple punishment for conduct detrimental to the team. “The overriding philosophy is to get to know each other, to develop levels of tru…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://nflmocks.com/2014/04/29/chicago-bea...l-mock-draft-2/
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-