Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by bowlingtwig,

    Alright I have seen several places that indicate that the feat of Jay cutler having 3 straight games of 100 QB rating or better is a 1st for a Bears QB in 39 years. However in ever place that I have checked no where does it indicate who did it. I know in 1970 was the merger. Am I assuming right that he just became the 1st Bears QB to do it period since the AFL-NFL merger??? Also who was the last QB to have done this in 4 straight games. Any stats would be greatly appreciated.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...gs-play-saints/

  3. Started by adam,

    I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they were talking to McNutt about the whole draft process and how it felt to fall to the 24th pick in the 6th round when he was expected to go no later than the 4th round. Out of the entire piece, the only thing of interest was that he got a call from the Bears before their pick in the 6th round and they asked him why he thought he had fallen that far. I guess they did not like his answer since they picked Frey and he went 10 picks later to Philly. It was just interesting to hear about some other names the Bears contacted and didn't draft.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. DE- Houston, Bass DT- Paea, Collins, NT- Ratliff, DE- Young, Lane, Scott OLB- Briggs, Greene OLB- Shea, MLB- Williams, Bostic, CB- Jennings, Frey CB- Hayden, S- Conte, S- Mundy Fill in with what ever guys Im missing. I put in Bold the guys that I think are at least proven vets. When I look at this depth chart it still looks really weak. We are short handed on all three levels, Line, Backers and DB's.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Started by Wesson44,

    Roster moves: The Bears on Saturday terminated the practice squad contracts of wide receiver Mike Hass and punter Zac Atterberry.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Started by adam,

    Interesting NextGenStat posted here: Basically Mahomes has thrown to more open receivers than anyone in the league between 2016-2018 and it's not even close. Talk about a scheme working, Andy Reid is a genius. Trubisky in the middle of the pack. Interesting to see Wentz grouped with Winston, Newton, and Bortles. Mahomes is the least aggressive but most productive passer. Ryan is the most aggressive/productive passer, Tannehill is the least aggressive, least productive passer, and Kizer is the most aggressive, least productive passer.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Started by Connorbear,

    Welcome to our third kicker of the year. What a train wreck!!! http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...1204-story.html Peace

  8. Started by nfoligno,

    I remember when Tillman was "excused" from practices, and all that was reported was he had family issues. I think it later came out there was something going on w/ his daughter, but I personally do not recall ever reading the story. As a father, w/ a young daughter, reading this story really hit home. I seriously can not even imagine, and don't want to, what it had to be like. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/columns/...&id=4603424

  9. Started by Ed Hochuli 3:16,

    I was thinking of possibly getting a new banner here. I don't have the photoshop skills, but perhaps someone else does. So here, I ask you to vote for 3 (if only 2 can fit in the banner, then that's fine and whoever can take the top 2) players who you'd like to see in the new banner.

  10. Started by Controlled Chaos,

    Thought some of you might be interested. Could be cool if you have a sports room at home. Graveyardmall has Fathead Real Big Posters (Baseball, Football, Nascar) from $15 to $28. Free shipping on orders of $24.99+ with code 'thankyouship48' otherwise it's $5.99.

  11. Started by GakMan23,

    http://www.chicagotribune.com/videobeta/?w...15-f45449fac7dc

  12. Started by Noots,

    INJURY REPORT AND IMPLICATIONS Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) at Chicago Bears (1-2) By Michael Nudo Running back Brian Westbrook is a major question mark going into Sunday night (AP Photo/Tom Mihalek). BEARS OFFENSEcolor> vs. EAGLES DEFENSEcolor> The Bears are hopeful wide receiver/return specialist Devin Hester will return to action after a week two rib injury. His receiver reps went to Rashied Davis last week. Mark Bradley was released on Tuesday. His release should mean more looks for rookie Earl Bennett. Bennett can also return punts. Cornerback Nathan Vasher has assumed those duties since Hester was hurt. Leading receiver Brandon Lloyd has a hip inju…

  13. Started by scs787,

    Moon posted this earlier... John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 3h #Bears question w/ DT Henry Melton: would u draft a DT rehabbing ACL tear? would you pay him $2M UFA? #BearsTalk http://bit.ly/1ijdi6M If Melton's really only gonna cost 2M, which if he hits the market I doubt, sign me up. At 2M I think it's possible to sign both him and Bennett. I love Aaron Donald, but in some of the latest mocks I've seen him go 12th to the Giants and 11th to the Titans. The SI mock added that it wouldn't surprise anyone if he goes in the top 10. It might be wise not to count on him being there like I have been.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Started by adam,

    Now has 48 receptions for 622 yards and 5 TDs on the season. That is the most for a Bears TE since Kmet's 719 in 2023 (on 73 receptions). In the Super Bowl era, Dikta, Dewveal, Bennett, and Kmet are the only TEs in Bears history to have 650+ receiving yards in a season. Desmond Clark had 626. Loveland is having the 2nd best season in Bears history for a rookie TE, only to Dikta's 1,076 yards and 12 TDs in 1961 (in 14 games which is insane). Loveland also has a +43.2 REC EPA, 3rd to only McBride and Kittle. McBride has 161 targets, Loveland has 69.

    • 22 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Started by madlithuanian,

    http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-on...ot-a-love-story

  16. Guest TerraTor
    Started by Guest TerraTor,

    Would done that in a heartbeat

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Started by adam,

    So I was looking up some stats and found a pretty wild one. There is one player in NFL history to have 5 INTs, 15 sacks, 20 PDs, and over 300 solo tackles in his first 3 seasons. He had 6 INTs, 18.5 sacks, 20 PDs, 306 solo tackles, plus 44 TFLs, 4 FF, and 5 FR, and 1 TD in his first 3 years. I was honestly shocked that he was the only player to achieve this, and is still the only player to date. Since TFLs were not recorded properly until the 2000s, I didn't use that in the search, but that would've made it even more inclusive of a club. Just off the top of your head, who do you think it would be?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. My latest goofy video, proving that I saw this record and this game being what it is 4 weeks ago. Detroit has a rougher ride at the 2nd half of their season too. So it looks good for us my friends! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5sX6n5htyo

  19. Started by jason,

    Picture this... Biggest game of the year. Overtime. 2nd/26 at the opposing 41, and they have to score at least a FG. (PS. Their kicker sucks.) Your base defense is set. It's all you really know or do because you're not an outside the box thinker. And when you DO make changes, they're not really in reaction to counteracting the offense. They're just changes for the sake of change. But it's all part of the plan! You intend to confuse the opposing QB not with alterations and adjustments, but with the decision of which QB is most open. You've fully explained position to the safeties, but not philosophy. "They're athletes," you think to yourself, "they can…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Started by adam,

    So what do you guys think of the new 7-team NFL playoff format? I have mixed feelings about it. My old school brain says, leave it like it is. My new school brain says, cool, an extra playoff game. Some thoughts: The #1 seed is now the only team with a bye. Teams 2-7 face off in the wild card round with the 3 winners and #1 seed making up the Divisional Round. In a way, it does make more sense. It rewards the conference regular-season champ, whereas before, the 2nd seed was also getting a bye. So now the importance of winning the conference becomes even more important. The last few weeks of the season should be more competitive as more teams will be in the hunt…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.