Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearstalk

Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN

  1. Started by adam,

    Comparing QBs closest to Williams in 2024-2025: Herbert 672-1016, 66.1%, 7597 yds, 49 TD, 16 INT, 804 Rush Yards, Years 5-6 (within 114 passing yards, 2 TD) Mahomes 707-1083, 65.3%, 7515 yds, 48 TD, 22 INT, 729 Rush Yards, Years 8-9 (within 32 passing yards, 1 TD) Williams 681-1130, 60.3%, 7483 yds, 47 TD, 13 INT, 877 Rush Yards, Years 1-2 Allen 626-943, 66.4%, 7399 yds, 53 TD, 16 INT, 1110 Rush Yards, Years 7-8 (within 6 TD) The biggest difference is that Williams was a rookie in 2024 with Flus as HC. Considering that, his being already in the mix with this group of QBs is a great sign. Mahomes and Allen are annual MVP Candidates, and Herbert has started to be put in th…

    • 26 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Started by OmahaBear,

    Being and LSU fan I have watched Daniels the last 2 years and he has made huge strides in his abilities. He appears to be ahead of Williams is about every stat. I never watched Williams play, so not looking at stats, why does everyone say he is so much better? Been waiting for some talk show guys to explain the difference but none have ever done it.

  3. Started by adam,

    Based on Fox's comments last week, if Hoyer played well this week, he would keep the starting job. It will be interesting to see if they keep Cutler in street clothes. I am kind of torn on this. Do you play Cutler due to salary (and possibly as an audition), or do you play Hoyer with the intent to keep him as a bridging strategy going forward? Cutler is the oldest player on the roster now with Gould gone. Our Firesale would be a clown car on fire.... Who do we have that someone else would want? Young ($4.1mil)? Porter($4mil)? Miller($2.5mil)?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Started by adam,

    What is your plan?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Started by Alaskan Grizzly,

    Not that it’s a huge surprise but Brady has officially said it’s over in NE. Does that mean anything for Chicago? We’ll soon see. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/tom-brady-announces-he-leaving-new-england-patriots-n1161476

    • 3 replies
    • 935 views
  6. Started by AZ54,

    A QB I watched play last week and was impressed with his ability to throw the ball. He's not mobile and may not have the deep ball arm strength so he might drop a bit in the draft. Yet his abillty to hit receivers in stride in the short to intermediate game is very good. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...ails-to-deliver

  7. Started by adam,

    It looks like one of these QBs may slip to #10.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Started by adam,

    So I was looking into the free-agent QBs going into 2020. There are a lot of options with potential huge differences in salary cap hits. Take a look at the list below sorted by DVOA. The guys with asterisks are free agents and the guys with a carrot are potential cap casualties. To me, there is no point to add a guy who would essentially have the same production as Trubisky. Looking at the guys in his group, those are all the same type of performers, all underwhelming. So I would target no one worse than Keenum out of the available pool of (Keenum, Brissett, Rivers, Bridgewater, Moore, Carr, and Tannehill). If you reduced the candidate pool by age first, that w…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Started by adam,

    Are we still in QB Purgatory? This is Year #3. Trubisky is 25 yrs old, a year older than Watson and Mahomes. At this point, the lack of college reps is a moot point. He has the most NFL game experience of the 3. So that should make up for any lack of reps he had in college compared to the other two. Are we back at a place where we have a "he is what he is" QB? Grossman/Cutler, etc. From watching the game again from the All-22, there are just too many plays left on the field by Trubisky. I don't know the play call or the progression (either does PFF), but Trubisky is not passing the eyeball test. I don't know how he can't see wide-open receivers, or guys runnin…

  10. Started by jason,

    The way I see it, the Bears QB and RB situation are nearly the same. QB: Two average starters who have done well at times, horrible at others. Nobody from other teams is scared of either Bears' QB. RB: Two average starters (and a younger guy who is outside the box), who have some good qualities, but several bad ones as well. Nobody from other teams is going to stack the box because they're afraid of the Bears' running game. So, all the talk about Mendenhall got me thinking.... What would you guys think if the Bears selected Brohm at 14? Assuming Ryan is gone, then Brohm is basically regarded as the second best QB, which is essentially what selecting…

    • 12 replies
    • 3.5k views
  11. Started by jason,

    I know there are varying opinions on whether the Bears should spend the #3 pick on a QB. I also know there are a ton of mocks that have the QBs going all over the place. Often I've seen a "top 3" QB drop into the second round. Assuming the Bears pass on QB in the 1st, and one of the top 3 QBs slide, is it a guarantee that the Bears pick said QB if he fell to them? If somehow Trubisky (highly unlikely), Watson (unlikely), or Kizer (fairly unlikely) fell to the Bears in the 2nd round, I think it's a 100% guarantee that the Bears would have to draft said QB. Agree?

    • 14 replies
    • 2.9k views
  12. Started by fudgeripple2000,

    Every year as the draft gets closer the hype on quarterbacks intensifies and the bears are always needing a quarterback, I look back to a list that Bill Parcels made as it relates to drafting a quarterback. 1. 3 year starter 2. Be a senior 3. Graduate from college 4. start 30 games 5. win 23 games 6. post a 2-1 td to int ratio 7. >60% completion By that list most quarterbacks wouldn't get drafted. Chicago is not like Jacksonville. It is an intense football market. So I took 3 things from that list that I would imagine are important. Games played (as most are juniors 3 year starter is out). year completi…

    • 30 replies
    • 3.6k views
  13. Started by Chitownhustla,

    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/...ook/#30617101=0 I think with Cutler here for at least this year and maybe next year this guy could be a perfect fit.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. Started by Connorbear,

    What about Mike Glennon or Landry Jones? They are both free agents. Anyone interested? Peace

    • 56 replies
    • 8k views
  15. Started by DABEARSDABOMB,

    He wouldn't be a bad backup, but obviously if Orton doesn't pan out the Bears would still be in need for a QB.

  16. Started by Wesson44,

    Adam Schefter Will Delhomme return to Carolina next season? Posted: January 11th, 2009 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Carolina Panthers, Derek Anderson, Jake Delhomme, Michael Vick Streeter Lecka/Getty Images Tampa Bay is no longer the lone NFC South team expected to be looking for a quarterback this offseason. With his woeful performance Saturday night, Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme made Tarvaris Jackson look like Bart Starr. In fact, the five interceptions Delhomme threw Saturday night were two more than Starr threw in his entire postseason career that consisted of 213 passing attempts. With his 39.1 passer rating (which seemed more like 0.0), Delh…

  17. Started by Pixote,

    QB Rating Calculator A bit off topic but for those who like to crunch numbers like I do I found this QB Rating Calculator and thought I would share the link with you. I have seen others in the past but this one is pretty slick, IMO.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  18. Started by BearFan PHX,

    Caleb is the starter. I am a huge fan of Tyson Bagent's as well. I think he is the backup. Case Keenum is here to provice Caleb with advice from his experience. So do we keep 3 QBs on the roster? If you put Bagent on the practice squad someone will steal him and make him QB2 somewhere. And Keenum is too old to even put on the PS. What do you think we will do? If we get a good trade offer for Bagent, then I understand that - but they JUST extended him, but I guess that also might help bring interest in a trade too... I think Bagent is a more valuable backup than Keenum, but is Keenum just for training camp?

    • 48 replies
    • 4.1k views
  19. Started by AZ54,

    Seems about right.

  20. Started by adam,

    OK, the combine is over, and some pro days have occurred. Who are you picking, and why, as the next QB for the Chicago Bears?

    • 54 replies
    • 9.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.