Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,548 topics in this forum
-
We have players returning from injury but there are questions about who will remain a starter. Bushrod should be close to returning. I haven't heard anyone clamoring for him to get back on the field, not even our Oline guru Jason (not that Bushrod was a favorite of his). Will Leno stay as our starter when Bushrod is healthy? I think we're going with the future here so I say yes. Grasu...I think once he recovers from his neck injury he'll be back at center. That brings up the option of Ducasse moving back to RG or do we keep Omameh at RG and put Ducasse on the bench? I think our starting Oline becomes Leno, Slausson, Grasu, Omameh, and Long. SMC..…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
Ok, so I hate to say it (no I love it) but I saw a LOT of defenders out of their gaps and we got slashed in the run game in the first quarter. Now it's WAY early, and I have faith that they will fix some of these things, but I saw exactly what I predicted. A new staff, some new players on the feld, and people were out of their gaps. When you play a one gap system, you need 8 guys filling gaps or you get 8 yard runs, and we sure saw a bunch of those. This happened Lovie's first year too. Something to watch for. Also Webb sucks.
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Sorry, I haven't been on in a long while. I've been taking a break from a lot of on-line stuff, and also trying to balance my fandom of this confusing team. I'm going to bounce in and chime in every now and then. You are a bunch of great folk people here, and I miss the discussion. Forgive me, as I've toned down my passion in order to decrease stress in my life that is unneeded. So, my takes will be a little less angry or happy. I'm trying to approach fandom like Mr. Spock. Can't help that I'm a Bears fan (his human side), it's in the blood. But, I will try an approach it logically. Bear with me... All pun intended. Cheers!
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
-
-
With the possibility that the Bears are not matching the offer to Meredith, I was looking at who is currently on the roster. It's pretty scary. We have a bunch of question marks and not much depth. Our #1 is coming back from an injury. Oh, so is our #2, whether it's White (zero confidence in him) or Meredith, who may not even be with the team. So our top 2-3 receivers are coming off injury. We do have a speedy slot guy. Beyond that - Josh "As long as it doesn't hit me in the hands" Bellamy, Tanner Gentry, and two guys I've never heard of - DeMarcus Ayers and Mekale McCay. I like the additions on offense this off season, but are we really in a better position …
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Just some quick notes as the plays happen: - Kwiatkoski has looked much better, had a sack and some nice tackles in first half. - Deon Bush with a 91-yard pick-6. - Ryan Nall looks like a wrecking ball. Had a huge 69-yard run in first half. - Chase Daniel still looks like garbage. - Eddy Pineiro just kicked a 58-yarder straight down the middle. Would've been good from 60.
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...mbers-for-2012/ Adjusted per-team cap numbers for 2012 Posted by Mike Florio on October 4, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT [Editor's note: The unadjusted salary cap for 2012 is $120.6 million. But the adjusted cap is what matters, and here's the full list, by team, of the adjusted numbers for 2012.] Jaguars: $148.4 million. Broncos: $147.6 million. Buccaneers: $144.1 million. Seahawks: $143.4 million. Chiefs: $141.9 million. Eagles: $138.4 million. 49ers: $137.4 million. Bills: $133.9 million. Cowboys: $132.7 million. Bears: $131.9 million. Bengals: $131.0 million. Dolp…
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...isfranc-injury/ Amazing. No Tweet from Cutler calling him a pu$$y. Karma's a bitch Maurice. I don't like seeing guys hurt. But, I don't feel sorry for the guy either.
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Link. Seahawks are @ Chicago next Sunday.
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...ds-hip-surgery/
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
My daughter thinks the Bears should use this as part of their new offensive scheme. She says she could see Jay Cutler doing this. Think Trestman would give it a try?
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I got his sneaking feeling Jerry is going to be up all nite watching that waiver wire and determining who stays and who goes. With Teams publishing thier cuts later tonite and Hiding em like Pitt, Ill bet JA has a Mongo cup of java and sitting at that puter.
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
Just take a deep breath and play your game man. He defiantley had the jitters.
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
It's that time of year again, looking to start up our Community Mock Draft by getting the various teams assigned to our in house GM's. If you are interested, please let me know which teams you would like to draft for, and I will go until we get thru all 32. If we can get the teams locked in over the next week, I would like to start the draft next weekend to give each pick enough time to do some research, etc.
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
I'm doing this for WR, please feel free to add other positions. Since the Jefferson deal, I'm questioning what we do with WR in the future. We are currently on a great position with having three 1's in the room. For future purposes, do we draft a WR annually to ensure the pipeline is full or do we pay 35+ million to re-sign our own? Looking at Dallas, they are going to have to pay CD the same as JJ to keep him. Add 60 mil to Dak and it seems untenable. Especially with their EDGE rusher wanting a record contract as well.
-
- 10 replies
- 1k views
-
-
There have only been 5 rookie QBs to throw for more than 4K yards, 3 are active, 2 starters. For TDs, surprisingly, only Herbert has thrown for more than 28. For QB Rating, there have only been 4 QBs to end the season over 100. So to have a top 5 rookie season ever, Williams would have to throw for 4,043 yards, 25 TDs, with a QB Rating of 98.4 and a Comp% of 66.5%, for each category. I feel like he has the potential to achieve all of those, especially with 17 games. I was surprised to see Mac Jones on there for yards and Comp%. Top Passing Yards (over 3800) 1. Luck - 4374 2. Herbert - 4336 3. Stroud - 4108 4. Newton - 4051 5. Winston - 4042 6. M. Jo…
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
-
-
-
-
Just a thought.
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
-
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true Great signing for them
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
So I was curious about how many true hits and misses Pace has had over the last 6 years. Everyone talks about Trubisky, Shaheen (whiffs) or Jackson, Amos (hits), but what about all the others. Bullard and Grasu in the 3rd? Jordan Morgan? Langford and Ridley in the 4th? So I gave a value for each round (1st = 7 to 7th = 1), then either gave Pace credit for the hit (positive value), or negative for a miss. A player needs to play at least 50% of the snaps to be a hit. Using that basic criteria, Pace is a -2 overall, meaning an autodraft or monkey could've done better. That does not include trades, which would change the value of a lot of picks (makes Trubisky worse, etc). He…
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
-