Who's Online (See full list)
- There are no registered users currently online
Bearstalk
Are you a diehard Chicago Bears fan? If so, you've found the spot to discuss all things Chicago Bears. Discuss the Monsters of the Midway as the Bears look to repeat their success from last season in 2026! Flaming is not allowed and all such posts will be deleted. Try to keep it clean and most importantly BEAR DOWN! #BEARS #CHICAGOBEARS #BEARDOWN
12,547 topics in this forum
-
The Trib says several times the cuts were part of a youth movement, or trying to get younger. As all the guys released were 30 or over, I guess it is not wrong to say as much. But was that really the reason? I personally think age had very little to do w/ yesterday's cuts. If Miller's 2008 base was the vet minimum instead of $4m+, would he have been cut? I think that if he was due to make the minimum, the team would have talked about how he was injured last year, and give him another season. If Walker was not due that roster bonus, would he have been cut, or would he too have been given another year after an injury riddled season. Moose is different, as w…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
-
- 35 replies
- 8.8k views
-
-
As always, thanks again Loyd Thomas for your brilliant cap insight. Oustanding. As per LT, cutting Darwin Walker saved us 6,350,000 (I double checked that and much to my surprise, my commas are in the correct spot.) Dumping Fred Miller netted another 3,404,560. Alas Moose only saved us 100,000 (My wife will no longer have to ask, "Why are they booing?") Before this, our free cap space was 22,490,133. Arch will eventually cut, rounding up (and being to lazy to use the calculator, that leaves us with approximately 32 million to spend. Wow. (Thanks again LT) So where do we spend our money?
-
- 21 replies
- 5.5k views
-
-
Official per the Bears site - cleaning house. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4377 Peace
-
- 12 replies
- 3.2k views
-
-
I bitched when we dumped David Terrell because he was our #1 WR & we seemed to have no back-up plan. I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like within the next week, we'd signed Moose. We obviously dumped DT knowing we'd get Moose or someone similar. So what's our plan now? Is it: a) Marty Booker: The most obvious choice, but who knows? Resign Berrian: Very possible. But why are we waiting on the announcement? c) The unknown: There's rumors Detroit wants to trade Shaun McDonald. There will be other WR's available also. Predictions????
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
per nfl.com I had hopes Andrews would be our starting RT next year. Oh well, we always can get Locklear...
-
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=4377 Peace
-
- 7 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2008/02/rt...eased.html#more Next?
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Early guesses would be Walker and Miller. Miller is a no brainer but I wouldn't hate bringing back Walker w/ a restructured deal.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
The Bears signed defensive end Alex Brown to a two-year contract extension on Monday. Brown had two years left on his existing contract. Per NFL.com
-
- 21 replies
- 5.2k views
-
-
The Bears released Moose per NFL.com. While I did not think he had a great year, who are we going to get to replace him? here does that leave us draft wise?
-
- 26 replies
- 7.9k views
-
-
The more and more I think of it, the more I wouldn't mind if we took Rashard Mendenhall, RB out of Illinois. He is an absolute monster- a muscular, faster, better attituded Cedric Benson. However, I'd only do this if we could trade Benson to a team for a 2nd rounder, so that way, we could go Flacco in the 2nd, then somebody like Carl Nicks, then Roy Schuening. What are your thoughts on taking Mendy if we could get a 2nd, or 3rd, for Benson?
-
- 16 replies
- 4.7k views
-
-
Here in Central Illinois, it's cold, rainy, windy as hell, the temperature's dropping, and we're supposed to get 2 inches of snow. In other words, I'm bored as hell. I decided to look up every mock I could think of & share the results. With the major sites, everyone seemed to have something different. When I got to the lesser-known guys, they all seemed to agree that Jeff Otah was our man. #1 http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7786546...g-close-to-home Fox has us taking FS Kenny Phillips @ #14 saying "He's the best player who can help the Bears immediately." That'd be nice except I can't help wondering: 1) Who the hell is our strong safety if he's a…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.5k views
-
-
Offense: Tom Brady (QB, New England), Adrian Peterson (RB, Minnesota) Defense: Bob Sanders (S, Indianapolis), Jared Allen (DE, Kansas City) Special Teams: Devin Hester (KR/PR, Chicago), Mat McBriar (P, Dallas) Now, if this team was an expansion team, they'd have the first overall pick. With that pick, I'd take Jake Long. Your turn.
-
- 4 replies
- 2k views
-
-
I was thinking that maybe we should go after solid and just above average OL men then just 1 or 2 big name guys, like Faneca. We could get a guy like Stacy Andrews from Cincy who would only demand around $5-$6 million a year, and Jason Brown from Baltimore for the equal price of Andrews. With saving money there, we could then sign Berrian, DJ Hackett/Bryant Johnson, and maybe Ayanbedejo. Or, would you rather us address the WR position in the draft and just spend all the cap room on Faneca?
-
- 13 replies
- 3.9k views
-
-
Let's say we traded somebody for another 2nd rounder. How unhappy would you be if we took Kentwan Balmer with our 2nd 2nd rounder, DT from North Carolina? He's arguably in the top 3 DT's this year, and we all know JA loves DT's.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
Just curious. FA is very near, w/ the draft not long after. Which aspect of the offseason are you all looking forward to more? Personally, I am looking more forward to FA. OL is our greatest need (not counting QB, where I see little major change), and is the position I think Angelo has seen more quality FAs added, while also being among his weakest positions in the draft. So much hinges on our upgrading the OL, and I think that will begin w/ FA. I am so interested to see how we attack the OL in FA, and believe it will have a major impact on the draft.
-
- 26 replies
- 7.5k views
-
-
Released by Atlanta, along with Crumpler, Gandy, and few others. Leftwich anyone? How about Gandy to add some depth the O-Line? http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jvI4Mc7...lPN1dwD8UQU24G1
-
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
-
-
Archulletta is on the books for 730K this year. Do we keep him as a cheap backup or is he worthless to us? I have my opinion, but...
-
- 26 replies
- 8.7k views
-
-
Why not?? The Bears need someone to take over for Briggs. The only problem being that he would have to change his number.
-
- 8 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-